(Topic ID: 337190)

The official 2024 Golden State pinball festival thread.

By mrgone

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 435 posts
  • 70 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 18 hours ago by 72Devilz
  • Topic is favorited by 43 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2708 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_2154 (resized).jpeg
    PXL_20240523_202531784 (resized).jpg
    dji_export_20240521_213039_1716352239328_sphere_screenshot (resized).jpeg
    dji_export_20240521_213015_1716352215726_sphere_screenshot (resized).jpeg
    dji_export_20240518_112033_1716056433668_sphere_screenshot (resized).jpeg
    IMG_9972 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_9958 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_9964 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_2708 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_20240520_213219_349 (resized).jpg
    E43D58D8-B51D-4ABE-B42F-C445F75531C7.gif
    PXL_20240519_211127374 (resized).jpg
    pinball2024_0566 (resized).jpg
    IMG_3935.jpeg
    IMG_1504.jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PinMonk.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#188 31 days ago

When are the schedules going to be posted for the seminars (website still just has "coming soon" there)? Will they be streamed live or uploaded later?

#192 30 days ago

I saw they were added, thanks! (https://www.goldenstatepinball.org/pin-u/ for those interested)

So is Mike's 007 Deep Dive cover for a surprise John Wick demo session?

Do you know if these seminars will be live streamed on twitch or youtube?

#222 24 days ago
    Quoted from superNoid:

Someone should reach out to Stern and tell them to bring it. I know MXV is speaking on Saturday night.

I was hoping that the bond seminar was a cover and MXV would be discussing Wick.

#234 23 days ago
    Quoted from Vino:

Back to school bump! Great job!!
    [quoted image][quoted image]

dangerfield_confused.gifdangerfield_confused.gif
    #245 22 days ago
    Quoted from fireball2:

Let mrgone do the countdown.
    I'ma do the pledged game count: 220
    Not bad, but...

What was the game count last year?

#267 18 days ago
    Quoted from fireball2:

Straight from the pirate's text re. John Wick:
    Sorry, no.

You'd think with the whole Lionsgate-gate thing they'd want to get the pin out in the wild ASAP to start spreading positive vibes to counter that - which would make Golden State the perfect venue for such a goal. Ah, Stern.

#271 17 days ago
    Quoted from drypaint:

John Wick code is 0.08. it was streamed by Stern last night. If it were to show up, how well do you think the reviews would go for them? Probably worse than the early Bond, which is now amazing after much patience. So maybe keep that in mind.

0.08 or 0.80? Did they really stream a 0.08 code version? That seems like it would be barely functional.

#280 17 days ago
    Quoted from drypaint:

You realize that Jaws is still only at 0.89 right? There is no way JW is anywhere near Elwin code. So let's not not be too worried about missing it right now, lol.
    We have so much to do in the next few days, sooo looking forward to checking out of life and checking in to GSPF!

Even terrible Bond and Batman'66 launch code was still in the double digits, so that's why I assumed the .08 had to be a mistake and they were playing with .80 code. NO WAY Wick is worse than Batman'66 launch code, which was essentially one baby step above a box of blinking lights.

#286 16 days ago

Swag box for those bringing pins to Golden State was updated, too. There's an 11x17 Pingame journal calendar that runs through Feb 2025 included now, too.

golden_state_2024_swag_pic_with_calendar_sml (resized).jpggolden_state_2024_swag_pic_with_calendar_sml (resized).jpg

#288 16 days ago
    Quoted from drypaint:

Amazing of you for making this happen!

All the vendors who decided to participate in this deserve credit as they didn't quite know how it would turn out because I pitched them the idea essentially blind. Though it came together on a very short timeline, it ended up being a very cool bonus for people bringing pins to the show. Marco plussing theirs up by sending the calendars as a surprise extra was awesome, too.

#291 16 days ago
    Quoted from mrgone:

Pin monk for president!!!
    You da man sir!

I appreciate the sentiment (thank you), but all the vendors that made this happen by contributing to the box deserve similar accolades. I asked many more vendors to participate than are in the final swag box that will be at the show. The ones actually in the swag box deserve props for jumping on this and contributing something cool for the people supporting the show with pins to play.

#328 12 days ago
    Quoted from acitti:

Ladies and Gentlemen, we have passed the 300 mark!! We are currently at 327 pins on the list!!

Dang, 360 pins in the building and ~25 more in Camp Silverball! Has GSPF become the largest pinball show on the West Coast? CAX and Northwest have a bigger overall game count, but a good chunk of that is arcade machines, the pinball count is less or much less than GSPF.

Purely by pinball machine count, I think this is the biggest show on the West Coast now, and one of the largest in the whole US.

#331 12 days ago
    Quoted from JorgesArcade:

Show us the Wicks!!!!!

Another missed marketing opportunity by Stern. You'd think they'd want to be blasting everywhere that the pinball show with more pins than any other show in the West would have a ton of John Wick to play this week, especially after their catastrophic Wick launch. But instead they're pushing the Northwest Pinball and Arcade show that has less pins, almost three weeks later, which is long after Wick will be common on routes? The definition of inscrutable.

#336 12 days ago
    Quoted from 8bitrobo:

After months of work I just barely made it in time to make it ready for the show.
    [quoted image]

Eco-Warrior theme?

#339 12 days ago
    Quoted from 8bitrobo:

Haha, no more like black knight, but just went with green.

Maybe Eco-Warrior Black Knight crossed with Judge Dredd.

"You will regret littering."
    "Recycling is not optional!"
    "Plastic use will cost you plenty, cretin!"
    "Microplastics penalty detected."

The options are endless.

...then again Green Knight could also be a Black Knight origin pin, when he was young and inexperienced. Lots of comedic accidents and unfortunate encounters.

#349 11 days ago
    Quoted from PaulCoff:

JW here. [quoted image]

Nice to see that John Wick had it show debut at the largest pinball show in the West! Nice work making that happen!

hope lines aren't too bad tomorrow/

They can always open the outlanes wide and limit it to single player games in the settings to keep lines moving.

#351 11 days ago

Excited to play as i have one shipping and if i dont like, guess i'll take a small loss and sell NIB

The code is so early, it will be hard to tell where it ends up just by playing at launch.

#361 11 days ago
    Quoted from fireball2:

Campground has almost 25 more!

Can someone saunter over and take pics of the pins in the Camp Silverball area?

#424 5 days ago
    Quoted from pinballonthemark:

Over 300 games was a huge milestone for people offering their games to the public. Thank you!!!

With the Camp Silverball games, the total was almost 400 games this year. Crazy good support.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PinMonk.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-2024-golden-state-pinball-festival-thread?tu=PinMonk and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.