• Latest reply 55 days ago by undrdog
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240320_140748 (resized).jpg
#1 10 months ago

I hope some folks who have or know Heavy Hitter well can help answer some questions.

First, some PF questions...

The project I just got has three thicknesses of wire ball guides. Is that correct or should they all be the same thickness?

Some of the ball guides are flat on the pf, some are raised, some are raised at one end. I'd appreciate some guidance on the correct positioning.

Was this a gambling game- get enough points for a free beer or something? The instruction card on line shows how many points you get for how many runs earned. Seems like if you get enough points you'd get a beer or pack of cigs or something. Anyone know?

#2 10 months ago

I own one.
Shoot me a PM and if you have patience I can get you pics/info

#3 10 months ago

There's two videos of this game on line. One shows the player batting the same ball more than once. The other shows just one swing of the bat, but I don't know if that was just for the video or if only one swing is correct.

I haven't powered mine up yet, so I don't know what it does or should do. One try at the bat seems like it would be more correct. Anyone know?

#4 10 months ago

Unlimited swings

#5 10 months ago

Thanks.

#6 10 months ago

There's not much to the pitching/batting part of the game. The ball is pitched as soon as it drains into the pitching mech and I think the bat is always enabled. It helps to listen to the ball as it rolls around below the playfield because the pitch comes without much warning otherwise. There are some pins on the right side of the playfield that I think could be optionally placed to block one of the paths into the out lane at the bottom. Some of the guide rails are raised and others are flat. I don't know if they're positions are documented anywhere. Some photos and video of the game are at:

https://www.funwithpinball.com/resources/1947-bally-heavy-hitter

/Mark

#7 10 months ago

Speaking of heavy hitter my HH has a push button for the bat activation. Anyone know where I can find the metal lever assembly to make mine all original?

8 months later
#8 55 days ago

Is anyone very familiar with this 1947 Heavy Hitter game? Mine has a buzzing solenoid preventing the game from starting. I need help! Thanks.

#9 55 days ago
20240320_140748 (resized).jpg20240320_140748 (resized).jpg
#10 55 days ago

I haven’t even started on mine. Other projects keep popping up, and real life.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1947-bally-heavy-hitter-pitch-amp-bat-club and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.