Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 59 days ago by Mopar
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1491 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0235 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0236 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0237 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0173 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0181 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0182 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1442 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1447 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1448 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1444 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1440 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1445 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1441 (resized).jpeg
    #1 63 days ago

Hi,

I have a restored 1957 Bally ABC ball bowler that my husband bought a few years ago. We are going to renovate our basement soon and have decided to list it for sale. Any ideas of what the market is for something like this? It is in great condition and works perfectly, it is set up for 6 players to play and it is one where the balls hit the pins and then come down the return. I was just curious if I should advertise it for sale somewhere else than the typical craigslist or facebook marketplace in my area (Buffalo, NY). Thanks so any help!

#2 63 days ago

Large bowlers don’t get a whole lot due to the size and difficulty moving.

Condition is part of the equation, can you post a few pictures?

#3 63 days ago

Here are some photos.

IMG_1440 (resized).jpegIMG_1440 (resized).jpegIMG_1441 (resized).jpegIMG_1441 (resized).jpegIMG_1442 (resized).jpegIMG_1442 (resized).jpegIMG_1444 (resized).jpegIMG_1444 (resized).jpegIMG_1445 (resized).jpegIMG_1445 (resized).jpegIMG_1447 (resized).jpegIMG_1447 (resized).jpegIMG_1448 (resized).jpegIMG_1448 (resized).jpeg
    #4 63 days ago

You did the restoration? Very nice!

I’d love to have a bowler but no room. Im no expert on bowlers so hopefully someone will chime in.

#5 63 days ago

Isn't Mopar a local expert?

Beautifully restored machine

#6 63 days ago

Garrett I did not do the restoration, my husband bought it restored. This was one of his favorites when he was a kid. It was in a restaurant up in the 1000 islands and he always wanted to own one. I think he found it on Craigslist a few years ago.

#7 63 days ago

Billc479 I’m not familiar with Mopar, are they an expert in Buffalo, NY?

#8 63 days ago

Mopar is one of the members of Pinside who seems to have a lot of experience with bowlers and shuffle alleys. I'm hoping he will see himself mentioned and then chime in with his thoughts.

#9 63 days ago
    Quoted from Billc479:

Mopar is one of the members of Pinside who seems to have a lot of experience with bowlers and shuffle alleys. I'm hoping he will see himself mentioned and then chime in with his thoughts.

You’d need to tag him Mopar

#10 62 days ago

Yep, "mopar" is def a great dude and very knowledgeable on these bowlers!

#11 60 days ago

The front hood is not original but appears to have been nicely recreated. The originals were circular - not square and had different artwork. If you find the right customer, it should bring $2500-3500. But due to size and weight, they often go for $500-1000. Are steps involved?

#12 60 days ago
    Quoted from BfloHeather:

I’m not familiar with Mopar, are they an expert in Buffalo, NY?

Mopar here. Just spotted this. A little while back your Husband called saying he bought a
    bowler from me, but oddly enough, I don't remember the transaction, but I do remember
    this bowler. I've done a few ABC Bally's, and found pics of this certain one and can tell because
    of the only flaw in the blue area on the front portion of the lane..
    Bally made solid bowlers. The Score Reels, Pin Deck, Ball lift, everything I like about Ballys.
    Most restored small ball bowlers I've sold between $3,500.00 - $3,800.00, but have sold one for
    $4,000.00 I have seen them go for $4,500.00 I have sold them on Craigs List, but I'd also place
    an ad on Mr. Pinball and would ask $3,800.00 and go no lower than $3,500.00 If I'm not mistaking,
    that'll still leave you some to cover your traveling expenses (Buffalo to Newark and back) and time..
    You can let them know it was restored at a professional level, and I'm pretty sure there's at
    least 170 hours into that restoration. I remember getting it in with no pin deck, no pin hood, and no
    head, but had parts enough to make it a complete and nice playing game. It's a nice machine. With
    a little patience, I'm pretty sure she'll sell..
    btw: I'm not saying making that square pin hood doesn't take time, but it's so much easier than
    making a triangular one with the rounded front, and with the bowling figure, I actually like the
    square pin hood better. My last few I made square. Here's one I had in a local Ice Cream Parlor over
    the Summer "Mr. Coolee's".
    Edit: I should have said here's the one of yours (before and after pics) and the last pic is the one
    that was in the Ice Cream Parlor.
    IMG_0173 (resized).JPGIMG_0173 (resized).JPGIMG_0181 (resized).JPGIMG_0181 (resized).JPGIMG_0182 (resized).JPGIMG_0182 (resized).JPGIMG_0235 (resized).JPGIMG_0235 (resized).JPGIMG_0236 (resized).JPGIMG_0236 (resized).JPGIMG_0237 (resized).JPGIMG_0237 (resized).JPGIMG_1491 (resized).JPGIMG_1491 (resized).JPG

#13 60 days ago

That's some great work!

#15 59 days ago

Thanks Guys! It's much work, but having the extra parts,
    I'd much rather save the vintage machines then parts and
    scrap them out. I still have a few more in the barn I eventually
    plan on saving..

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1957-bally-abc-ball-bowler-looking-for-some-ideas-to-sell and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.