(Topic ID: 242363)

2020 Ann Arbor Michigan VFW pinball show

By cfh

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

71JoiFDLnRL (resized).jpg
    20200920_094638.jpg
    20200920_094638.jpg
    20200919_161025 (resized).jpg
    20200919_161014 (resized).jpg
    20200919_161001 (resized).jpg
    20200919_150238 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pinball safe (resized).jpg
    700F63FD-6CD9-4CAC-9360-8970A1F4C9DE (resized).jpeg
    VFW Showcase Shirts 2020 Overall (resized).jpg
    VFW Club Shirts 2020 Overall (resized).jpg
    200 (resized).png
    vfw back (resized).jpg
    jarmask (resized).png
    There are 583 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 12.
    #51 4 years ago

the pork and coleslaw are the bomb!! have to keep that. maybe do potato salad instead of the beans. the beans are good but we don't need any extra gas floating around.

#52 4 years ago
    Quoted from Bax1:

maybe do potato salad instead of the beans.

Blasphemy.

#53 4 years ago

I was thinking you need a nice quiche and maybe some avacado toast

#54 4 years ago

Tickets acquired, will be my first time there. Can't wait!

#55 4 years ago

Got mine for Sat and Sun. I had been monitoring the Ann Arbor Michigan Pinball Show 2020 tab on front page and totally missed that Show Tickets had gone live. No graduations this year, so two days of pinball Nirvana!!!

#56 4 years ago

A pinhead goes up to the bar at the VFW. On the wall behind the bar is a sign.
    BEER $2.50
    HAMBURGER $3.00
    CHEESEBURGER 3.50
    CHICKEN SANDWICH $4.00
    HAND JOB $50.00

The pinhead waves to Clay who is serving drinks.
    "Are you the one giving the hand jobs?" he asks.
    "Yes sir! I am" replies Clay.
    "Well wash your hands really good, I WANT A CHEESEBURGER!"

#57 4 years ago

Just bought my ticket. Wouldn't miss it for the world.

#58 4 years ago

Waiting for EchoVictor to announce shirt pre-orders...

#59 4 years ago

I kinda gotta design the damn thing first....

#60 4 years ago

Have too many of the shirts. Selling VFW drinking glasses again this year?

#61 4 years ago
    Quoted from EchoVictor:

I kinda gotta design the damn thing first....

Could use the famous Johnny cash middle finger picture and just change it to clays likeness.

#62 4 years ago

I just reserved my sat tix.
    Would like to pre order t'shirt, poster.

LF: arcade marquees for wall art. Prefer ones with title and art. Send a PM

#63 4 years ago

Don't wait to get your ticket(s) for the 2020 Ann Arbor pinball show.
    Seriously. Do not wait (especially for Saturday).

#64 4 years ago

Suprised this has not sold out quicker. Seems like in the past it went lightning fast. Great little show.!!

#65 4 years ago

We are ordering ours this week. We usually do Friday but it’s only Sat and Sun this year so need to figure out the day that is best with the grandparents

#66 4 years ago

Looks like the hours are abbreviated this year. Will there be a tourney on Sat or Sun?

#67 4 years ago

we don't advertise at all, in an attempt to slow down the ticket sales. we used to send out flyers to the pinball retailers. used to do a lot on facebook too. now we don't send any flyers, and we only do an occasional post on facebook. i would frankly prefer it didn't sell out so fast. because i'll have to hear, "where can i get a ticket", for the next 3 months...

#68 4 years ago

the hours are slightly different. saturday was a really long day, and sunday a really short day. we took two hours off saturday and added them to sunday. so overall sat/sun have the exact same number of total hours. also the times are the same for saturday and sunday now. it's less confusing this way and the prices are the same now for sat/sun.

#69 4 years ago

we are working on a saturday night tourney. we do not have that set yet. trying to figure out man power for it and some other issues.

#70 4 years ago

When I last attended the VFW show, the EM tourney was the highlight of my experience.
    Got to meet and talk to many other pinheads because of the tourney.
    I like the fact it was less formal, and the tourney set up made for fairly quick rounds.
    Not sure what tourney rules Clay and gang have planned, as i know it is still a lot of work
    and time commitment for those in charge to monitor it all, but good luck to all.

#71 4 years ago

I loved the EM tournament as well. I say just do that.

#72 4 years ago

As the winner of the only IFPA ran tourney at the VFW I approve of a Saturday night event.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #73 4 years ago
    Quoted from GravitaR:

As the winner of the only IFPA ran tourney at the VFW I approve of a Saturday night event.[quoted image]

Can’t beat the high-end highly-sought trophy! One-of-a-kind!

#74 4 years ago

Not kidding here... if you want to go to this show on Saturday (as many say like Trent and Terry, "best in country"), you need to get your ticket reservation very very soon. A post on Facebook triggered a lot of reservations. Saturday numbers are getting low...

#75 4 years ago

Very cool trophy!

#76 4 years ago

Roger will be making the tourney trophies again this year. Here's some he's done in the past....

trophy1 (resized).jpgtrophy1 (resized).jpg

trophy2 (resized).jpgtrophy2 (resized).jpg

#77 4 years ago

Again, if you want to come Saturday to the 2020 show, you need to get your ticket reservations!
    Less than 30 left for saturday... correction... less than 20...

#78 4 years ago

Saturday is sold out. that took 14 days. that is a record for us.
    sunday still has tickets reservations available.
    www.vfwpinball.com

#79 4 years ago

are you going to be doing selfie pics with people again clay?

#80 4 years ago

Wow that's a fast sell out.

#81 4 years ago

Got Saturday tickets. This will be my 5th straight year attending.

If you live ANYWHERE near this place and have never attended this event, I can NOT recommend it enthusiastically enough. To have the opportunity to play that many games in one place that are in such insane condition is really something amazing. Again, if you are less than 10 hours from this place by car and have not attended, do it. There is NO WAY you will be disappointed.

The first year I went I had about 4 buddies who came along to check it out. Five years later we are locked in at 15 in our crew. Over half of us are professional brewers from around Michigan so the tailgating aspect is really attractive to us. We go through a ton of Coors Banquet Beer that day. Lovely little glass lager grenades!

CAN'T WAIT. Huge thanks to Clay and his crew who go over and beyond every time to make this such a special, fun event.

#82 4 years ago

I would be down for a Saturday night EM tourney with the same format as years past...if only there was a Lucky 7 tourney

#83 4 years ago

Congratulations on the sell out. Looking forward to the show again and very grateful for its existence and for capping the headcount.

#84 4 years ago

Thank you but remember just *saturday* is sold out. there are still tickets available for sunday!

#85 4 years ago
    Quoted from Skipnatty:

if only there was a Lucky 7 tourney

I'm taking this year off the VFW show, but might have to rearrange my entire April for that.

#86 4 years ago
    Quoted from cfh:

Here's some he's done in the past.

Those look like they can withstand some rough treatment or do some real damage.
    Like the trophy being thrown across the breezeway at the EM tournament director.
    Aahww the memories!!
    That was a great and entertaining tournament and show.

#87 4 years ago
    Quoted from pinwiztom:

Like the trophy being thrown across the breezeway at the EM tournament director.
    Aahww the memories!!

I only *heard* about that, unfortunately. That idiot is no longer a part of or associated with the VFW, happily. He was...he was a problem child.

#88 4 years ago

Got my Sunday tickets! Looking forward to it, it’s one of my favorite places to be!

#89 4 years ago
    Quoted from pinwiztom:

Aahww the memories!!

Someone chucked a trophy at someone? Never heard heard of this. Tempers a flare...

#90 4 years ago

Ah he was alright.. I mean as alright as any of the weirdos there.

#91 4 years ago

It was smashed on the ground, not thrown at G.

#92 4 years ago
    Quoted from Jjsmooth:

It was smashed on the ground, not thrown at G.

Well, thrown BY G.

#93 4 years ago

May 6, 2017 @ 10:40 pm; a day that will live in infamy....
    1. Winner announced.
    2. Winner runs to claim his prize.
    3. Tournament director/Announcer and all-around good-guy throws/smashes prize to the ground where it breaks like a pretzel (this was prior to the VFW purchasing its welding equipment for trophy making and mini-bike work).
    4. Winner and many participants help pick up the pieces while Tournament director goes into diatribe of profanity and expletives about the winner that we dare not publish on this family website.

Screenshot_20200116-131500 (resized).pngScreenshot_20200116-131500 (resized).pngScreenshot_20200116-131517 (resized).pngScreenshot_20200116-131517 (resized).pngScreenshot_20200116-131614 (resized).pngScreenshot_20200116-131614 (resized).pngScreenshot_20200116-131705 (resized).pngScreenshot_20200116-131705 (resized).png
    #94 4 years ago

I was happier not knowing that there are cameras.

#95 4 years ago
    Quoted from RCA1:

I was happier not knowing that there are cameras.

You should see the footage on the bidet cam

#96 4 years ago

Shit. Missed it. I emailed them about it months ago but must have missed the pinside thread.

#97 4 years ago

The story is a bit more involved that this. Bottom line, the tourney director (who also designed the tournament and it's rules) had a beef with the winner, and tried to pull the 1st place out from under him, and alter the rules 'on the fly'. Long story short, we insisted the 1st place go as the rules were written. The tourney director was mad (on a couple issues). And he did in fact throw the trophy at the winner at the trophy ceremony (about a 10 foot hurl). It missed the winner and hit the payment, and broken into about 10 pieces (which were collected, mostly by Bob King.) Insults were hurled too on the PA system, in front of about 75 people! Then the winner wrestled the mike away from the tourney director, and started with another set of insults. That didn't really help the situation... there was nearly a fight. We broke it up and agreed this was a bad thing. Alcohol was involved, again not helping. Changes were made so this *never* happens again...

#98 4 years ago

Man I always miss the good stuff.

#99 4 years ago
    Quoted from cfh:

The story is a bit more involved that this. Bottom line, the tourney director (who also designed the tournament and it's rules) had a beef with the winner, and tried to pull the 1st place out from under him, and alter the rules 'on the fly'. Long story short, we insisted the 1st place go as the rules were written. The tourney director was mad (on a couple issues). And he did in fact throw the trophy at the winner at the trophy ceremony (about a 10 foot hurl). It missed the winner and hit the payment, and broken into about 10 pieces (which were collected, mostly by Bob King.) Insults were hurled too on the PA system, in front of about 75 people! Then the winner wrestled the mike away from the tourney director, and started with another set of insults. That didn't really help the situation... there was nearly a fight. We broke it up and agreed this was a bad thing. Alcohol was involved, again not helping. Changes were made so this *never* happens again...

Now THAT'S a party.

#100 4 years ago

What REALLY cracks me up is that that was an EM tourney?!?!

There are 583 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 12.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2020-ann-arbor-michigan-vfw-pinball-show/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.