Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by PinRetail
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 3 months ago

I friend of a friend referred me to someone who has 4 pins and a cocktail Ms. Pac. I went to look and was quite disappointed.

The games:

Bally Playboy typical worn playfield in the middle, needs to be shopped. Lights up, no flashes on the MPU, solid green. No battery. Back box is rough, chipped and gouged. Body has that normal playboy fade. Backglass has a few good scrapes but the art is there.

Gottlieb Buck Rogers. Playfield is nice, cabinet is nice. Needs an MPU. No legs, backglass will have no paint if I remove it.

Gottlieb Sky Jump. Actually plays, needs shop job, score reels stick, inserts cupped. Cabinet is checking all over. Glass is rough at best

Bally Lost World. Starts and plays a game! Needs shop job, typical worn bally playfield in the middle around the inserts, cabinet is decent , but the backglass is shot. The artwork is badly crazed and lifting. Once again, remove it and all the ink will be at your feet.

Converted pacman to Ms Pacman cocktail . Screen is rolling and garbled logic on the screen . Cabinet and control panels are excellent.

I offered $1200 for the lot, he was insulted.

#2 3 months ago

Your offer was fair.

Pretty big shitpile.

#3 3 months ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

I friend of a friend referred me to someone who has 4 pins and a cocktail Ms. Pac. I went to look and was quite disappointed.
The games:
Bally Playboy typical worn playfield in the middle, needs to be shopped. Lights up, no flashes on the MPU, solid green. No battery. Back box is rough, chipped and gouged. Body has that normal playboy fade. Backglass has a few good scrapes but the art is there.
Gottlieb Buck Rogers. Playfield is nice, cabinet is nice. Needs an MPU. No legs, backglass will have no paint if I remove it.
Gottlieb Sky Jump. Actually plays, needs shop job, score reels stick, inserts cupped. Cabinet is checking all over. Glass is rough at best
Bally Lost World. Starts and plays a game! Needs shop job, typical worn bally playfield in the middle around the inserts, cabinet is decent , but the backglass is shot. The artwork is badly crazed and lifting. Once again, remove it and all the ink will be at your feet.
Converted pacman to Ms Pacman cocktail . Screen is rolling and garbled logic on the screen . Cabinet and control panels are excellent.
I offered $1200 for the lot, he was insulted.

Sounds like a lot of junk. Probably worth like $2k if you want to turn around and sell them. But overall probably not worth the trouble with how much work they need

#4 3 months ago

Half of this will never be fixed, let him figure that out.

#5 3 months ago

Yup, low-end games in rough shape. He's not sitting on a goldmine.

#6 3 months ago

But they saw on American Pickers....or similar on eBay oh well I try to explain to some sellers what they have and yes, they get insulted.

Most I try to even show them pinside pricing (which is somewhat relative but in range usually) - if they have a good game I let them know it and review the conditions. Some are happy to hear what they have (example - recent BK2K repair and shop, got off a relative, loved knowing what they had) Some are not (example - similar set up - 4 games for sale, $1k offer - felt like I was trying to rob him. One was a playmatic)

Your offer was fair IMO

#7 3 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Your offer was fair.
Pretty big shitpile.

I thought it was very fair. I even told him he could keep Sky Jump and I would do $1000. The Ms. Pac was the gem of the bunch. Working and shopped, the Playboy could be an $800 game. But Buck & Lost World....ay caramba!

#8 3 months ago
Quoted from Whistles:

Half of this will never be fixed, let him figure that out.

This. Sounds like a lot of work, they are going to end up taking up space for another three years until he sells them for $1000.

#9 3 months ago

Low baller.

He's checked eBay. He is very well aware of what he has. And i'm sure he knows it's likely just a few fuses out.

#10 3 months ago

No,offer was fair,concidering all the work and parts your gonna need to get that junk up and working right!

#11 3 months ago

Yeah.

I wouldn't have offered that much. Games that age are taking a LOT to repair.

Hope the seller finds someone who can meet his price... but walk away from this one.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.50
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 8.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Gilbert, AZ
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Macomb, MI
$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Machine - For Sale
Corbin, KY
$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
San Diego, CA
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/4-pins-and-a-cocktail-ms-pac-value- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.