(Topic ID: 353698)

Addams Family Playfield: Mirco vs CPR

By Ckcoinop

54 days ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 54 days ago

Just bought an Addams Family, playfield is pretty torn up so looking to do a swap. Looks like there are 2 options currently, with CPR being out of stock and Mirco having a certain reputation around the community.

I wanted to get some opinions on what people went for and their experience with each (dimples lining up, print quality, clearcoat issues, etc.) so I can decide which one would be the best candidate for my restoration.

#2 54 days ago

Just wait for the CPR playfield. You'll thank me later I promise.
    I've purchased 6 CPRs over the years with one oddity (No drill holes under a Funhouse playfield many, many years ago)
    If i'm selling a restored game and collectors find out playfield is a Mirco they pass, now me included.

#3 54 days ago

I'd rather flush money down the toilet than give it to Mirco.

#4 54 days ago

The only way I buy a game with a Mirco is if it is a HEP restore. He is discerning when it comes to what he will install and he corrects and clearcoats the playfield. If you are installing a production playfield CPR all the way. Just wait they will run it again. Thomas from CPR will also put you on a list and email you when it is coming available.

#5 54 days ago
    Quoted from Ckcoinop:

Just bought an Addams Family, playfield is pretty torn up so looking to do a swap. Looks like there are 2 options currently, with CPR being out of stock and Mirco having a certain reputation around the community.
    I wanted to get some opinions on what people went for and their experience with each (dimples lining up, print quality, clearcoat issues, etc.) so I can decide which one would be the best candidate for my restoration.

The CPR playfield will always be the best choice between the two when you have it.
    They use a higher quality wood “in my opinion “
    They have a better clearcoat “in my opinion “application can be hit or miss but the materials themselves are good.
    They are cut and routed fully before being clear coated.
    They don’t sell what they don’t have ready to go and they ship in a reasonable timeframe after the transaction.

#7 54 days ago

With CPR having changed their printing method, is the quality still better than Mirco? Assuming no clear coat issues with the Mirco playfield. Talking just on print quality

#8 54 days ago

Buy a product from CPR and you will get fuzzy resolution and bad colors. Their “mirrored” backglasses are the worst for this. Buy a Mirco and the clear coat will pool and the artwork will chip off with them claiming it’s not their fault. That’s what you’ve got for reproduction options.

#9 53 days ago
    Quoted from Mundy53:

Buy a product from CPR and you will get fuzzy resolution and bad colors. Their “mirrored” backglasses are the worst for this. Buy a Mirco and the clear coat will pool and the artwork will chip off with them claiming it’s not their fault. That’s what you’ve got for reproduction options.

Buthamburg, Wade Krause and Outside Edge save us!

Has somebody tried asking Mirco to make them a playfield without clear on it? So we could clear it the right way?

#10 52 days ago
    Quoted from Knxwledge:

Has somebody tried asking Mirco to make them a playfield without clear on it? So we could clear it the right way?

In the Mirco Sucks thread, it was mentioned that someone asked him and he said 'no' as it would 'void the warranty'.

#11 52 days ago

Thanks for all your input guys, seems like CPR is the way to go!

#12 52 days ago
    Quoted from Coyote:

In the Mirco Sucks thread, it was mentioned that someone asked him and he said 'no' as it would 'void the warranty'.

Lol what warranty?? From what I read he won't take returns on playfields with clearcoat issues.

#13 52 days ago

Yup as everyone says stay far away from Mirco wait for CPR all the way

#14 49 days ago
    Quoted from Knxwledge:

Lol what warranty?? From what I read he won't take returns on playfields with clearcoat issues.

Shipping warranty when u get the PF too your door warranty is off lol run the other way fast and don’t look back

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/addams-family-playfield-mirco-vs-cpr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.