IMG_1608 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1564 (resized).jpg
IMG_2049 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8518 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1601 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1553 (resized).jpg
IMG_1551 (resized).jpg
IMG_1548 (resized).jpg
There are 6,129 posts in this topic. You are on page 122 of 123.
#6051 21 days ago
Quoted from ryanbrooks:

The Padron x000 series is on average $8.50. I’m sure that your state has some higher than average state tobacco taxes (here it’s $0.12 per cigar).
To me, Liga and most Opus aren’t on the same level as a Padron 64. The 26’s are fine, but they’re just not as relaxing to me as a 64. I know some people will disagree about my opinion regarding Opus, but I honestly think that if they were readily available everywhere all the time, they’d just be another Fuente (and keep in mind, I probably have 200-300 Opus X in my humidor). I’ve never thought of Liga as an “A” tier cigar. They’re a strong/upper level B. Give me Sin Compromiso any day over Liga or Opus

I’m guessing most local shops around me sell that stick for $15, while my preferred is probably $13. So considering it’s a $3-5 mark up near the Yacht Club, I’d say it wasn’t too bad. Safe to say everything here in CA is probably 40-50% more than your are.

And I definitely don’t think Liga is A+, just popped in my mind when thinking about spending a little more than average on a stick. If they were cheaper I think I would return to them more often. They almost seem like the Casamigos of cigars. I liked them before the hype and now the feel quality is gone.

As always, some great chinwagging and recommendations here. Gonna snag a Sin Compromiso now.

#6052 21 days ago
Quoted from EJS:

Haven’t had a pickup in a long time!
[quoted image]

That’s the best Sumatra cigar. Actually, it’s the only Sumatra that doesn’t leave me with that dirty taste in my mouth.

#6053 21 days ago
Quoted from nickrivers:

I’m guessing most local shops around me sell that stick for $15, while my preferred is probably $13. So considering it’s a $3-5 mark up near the Yacht Club, I’d say it wasn’t too bad. Safe to say everything here in CA is probably 40-50% more than your are.
And I definitely don’t think Liga is A+, just popped in my mind when thinking about spending a little more than average on a stick. If they were cheaper I think I would return to them more often. They almost seem like the Casamigos of cigars. I liked them before the hype and now the feel quality is gone.
As always, some great chinwagging and recommendations here. Gonna snag a Sin Compromiso now.

Sin Compromiso is as close to a Padron as anything. Mexican wrapper. It’s full bodied, but not as intense a ride as Padron if that makes sense? Start with a larger ring gauge for your first…they just launched a Robusto and it’s a kick in the nuts from the minute you light it.

#6054 21 days ago
Quoted from ryanbrooks:

That’s the best Sumatra cigar. Actually, it’s the only Sumatra that doesn’t leave me with that dirty taste in my mouth.

The Judge was the first MF line I had and got me into their lineup. Many taste similar but not as good as this. This is a skinnier ring gauge than I prefer I think I got this as a freebie from an order. So I’m trying to puff slower as to not overcook it.

#6055 21 days ago

This is the best of the Padron line. Hands down!

IMG_1548 (resized).jpegIMG_1548 (resized).jpeg
#6056 21 days ago
Quoted from ryanbrooks:

Really? I figured grabbing a Figurado was my best choice to keep from having draw issues, as they tend to be rolled by only the most skilled rollers in the factory. When I think about it, the most perfect smoking cigars I’ve ever had have been Padron figurados…

For me, Cuban lanceros tend to be the most reliable rolling quality and figurados the least. Cuaba Is the Cuban brand that only makes figurados and I have never had one that isn’t plugged.

For Padron, I think they do more draw testing than others, as they are just so reliable.

#6057 21 days ago
Quoted from PlanetExpress:

For me, Cuban lanceros tend to be the most reliable rolling quality and figurados the least. Cuaba Is the Cuban brand that only makes figurados and I have never had one that isn’t plugged.
For Padron, I think they do more draw testing than others, as they are just so reliable.

Good to know in re the Lanceros-especially considering its well know it’s your favorite and probably most smoked vitola

#6058 20 days ago
IMG_8292 (resized).jpegIMG_8292 (resized).jpeg
#6059 20 days ago
Quoted from EJS:

[quoted image]

Jealous of the Jaws

#6060 20 days ago
Quoted from nickrivers:

Jealous of the Jaws

Not mine but I got to play with it (and unbox it) at least!

#6061 20 days ago
Quoted from EJS:

Not mine but I got to play with it (and unbox it) at least!

I’ve only played a clunky first run one for promotional stuff. Hoping the new runs are clean and smooth. Definitely my next pin, but not sure I’ll go NIB again.

#6062 18 days ago

Shopping for belts for the first time in forever.

IMG_8299 (resized).jpegIMG_8299 (resized).jpeg
#6063 18 days ago
Quoted from EJS:

Shopping for belts for the first time in forever.
[quoted image]

Buy one that’ll last your lifetime… This guy hand makes them in his shop. I have a thing for vintage buckles, so I order hand tooled belts to go with them, but for $30 you can get a handmade bridle leather belt that’ll last forever.

https://www.beggarspouchleather.com/product-category/belts/beggars-pouch-exlusive-belts/styles/

Today I’m wearing a 50’s tourist buckle with a hand tooled belt. The buckle is 70yrs old and the belt is 15yrs, but if I oiled them they’d look like new:

IMG_2041 (resized).jpegIMG_2041 (resized).jpeg
#6064 18 days ago

Buy one that’ll last your lifetime… This guy hand makes them in his shop. I have a thing for vintage buckles, so I order hand tooled belts to go with them, but for $30 you can get a handmade bridle leather belt that’ll last forever.
https://www.beggarspouchleather.com/product-category/belts/beggars-pouch-exlusive-belts/styles/
Today I’m wearing a 50’s tourist buckle with a hand tooled belt. The buckle is 70yrs old and the belt is 15yrs, but if I oiled them they’d look like new:
[quoted image]

I had a feeling someone would chime in with a better option than Amazon. Things don't last as well as they used to as I'm finding with my work boots especially. Evening with ordering the same part number. Might as well grab a wallet too!

#6065 18 days ago

I’ve got a Padron cut and ready to light, but the sirens are blowing and it’s getting kinda hairy around here. Luckily, I put ear muffs on the kids before they went to bed, so they’re going to sleep through all this.

#6066 18 days ago
Quoted from EJS:

I had a feeling someone would chime in with a better option than Amazon. Things don't last as well as they used to as I'm finding with my work boots especially. Evening with ordering the same part number. Might as well grab a wallet too!

OK, I’ve got a favorite for that, too. Best wallet ever, I am never going back to a leather wallet: https://www.flowfold.com/

It’s made of scrap material from racing yacht sails, so it’s super tough but weighs almost nothing (like the weight of two credit cards).

#6067 18 days ago
Quoted from ryanbrooks:

I’ve got a Padron cut and ready to light, but the sirens are blowing and it’s getting kinda hairy around here. Luckily, I put ear muffs on the kids before they went to bed, so they’re going to sleep through all this.

Stay safe!

I’m visiting Seattle and learned I shouldn’t have bothered to pack any sticks. Smoking is banned in public and any place of employment, so you can’t even smoke on the patio of a hotel or even in their driveway.

#6068 18 days ago

Stay safe!
I’m visiting Seattle and learned I shouldn’t have bothered to pack any sticks. Smoking is banned in public and any place of employment, so you can’t even smoke on the patio of a hotel or even in their driveway.

Fuck a bunch of that shit

#6069 17 days ago

Stay safe!

I’m at the local amusement park with my kids. It’s owned by Six Flags. Here’s how stupid shit in some of these states and cities is:

You can smoke a cigar at this corporate owned amusement park still…because there’s still designated areas in which you can sit and smoke a cigarette.

Here’s an idea-rather than tell people whether or not they can smoke or not, let’s step in and regulate the shit that’s in our foods and forced down the throats of our youth. I guaranteed there’s more additives and carcinogens in the dog shit meals served at the public school cafeteria straight off the US Foods or Sysco truck than what’s in that camel I smoked after giving a mustache ride to the flavor of the week.

#6070 17 days ago

Just a taste tonight

IMG_8308 (resized).jpegIMG_8308 (resized).jpeg
#6071 17 days ago

lol.....yeah!
Sorry I've been MIA. I was a guest at the Chiller con this weekend. Fun time.Got to chat with Captain Kirk! (although loved him in Boston Legal)

Smoked too many cigars and drank too much tequila!

ted and bill (resized).jpgted and bill (resized).jpg

#6072 17 days ago

Coochie coochie!

ted and charo (resized).jpgted and charo (resized).jpgted con sign (resized).jpgted con sign (resized).jpg
#6073 17 days ago
Quoted from ryanbrooks:

I’m at the local amusement park with my kids. It’s owned by Six Flags. Here’s how stupid shit in some of these states and cities is:
You can smoke a cigar at this corporate owned amusement park still…because there’s still designated areas in which you can sit and smoke a cigarette.
Here’s an idea-rather than tell people whether or not they can smoke or not, let’s step in and regulate the shit that’s in our foods and forced down the throats of our youth. I guaranteed there’s more additives and carcinogens in the dog shit meals served at the public school cafeteria straight off the US Foods or Sysco truck than what’s in that camel I smoked after giving a mustache ride to the flavor of the week.

If everyone sparking up joints is gonna pretend those signs don’t exist, then so will I.

#6074 15 days ago

Time for the first rain storm of the year. Just put the propane heater into storage too!

IMG_8334 (resized).jpegIMG_8334 (resized).jpeg
#6075 14 days ago

Back from Seattle and their smoking bans…. Nudie #6 tonight.

They recently changed up their branding and moved these to a new name, but it’s still Rob from FOH and Hamlet. Tough cigar to beat in the $10 price range. https://www.fabrica005.com/products/puro-desnudo-canonazo-vi-bundle-25

IMG_2046 (resized).jpegIMG_2046 (resized).jpeg
#6076 14 days ago

Back from Seattle and their smoking bans…. Nudie #6 tonight.
They recently changed up their branding and moved these to a new name, but it’s still Rob from FOH and Hamlet. Tough cigar to beat in the $10 price range. https://www.fabrica005.com/products/puro-desnudo-canonazo-vi-bundle-25
[quoted image]

I forgot to compliment you on how that tray turned out. Did you epoxy the top?

#6077 14 days ago
Quoted from nickrivers:

I forgot to compliment you on how that tray turned out. Did you epoxy the top?

Thanks! It was my first time trying an epoxy pour and it was way easier than I expected. The product I used was Clear Cast and all I did was mix it, pour it, and wait a couple days for it to harden. I sanded the top a bit first to bring out the wood grain and then just used painters tape on the edge. So far it has held up to daily use on the kitchen table without any scratches.

Came out better than expected and a pretty dramatic before/after:

IMG_2010 (resized).jpegIMG_2010 (resized).jpegIMG_2014 (resized).jpegIMG_2014 (resized).jpeg
#6078 14 days ago

Thanks! It was my first time trying an epoxy pour and it was way easier than I expected. The product I used was Clear Cast and all I did was mix it, pour it, and wait a couple days for it to harden. I sanded the top a bit first to bring out the wood grain and then just used painters tape on the edge. So far it has held up to daily use on the kitchen table without any scratches.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Awesome. Glad your experience was a positive one. I have some food safe stuff off Amazon I use to fill cutting board holes. I've done some more rustic ones with a ton of knots and figured out the epoxy still polishes super shiny, even though its not the more resilient type. So I get this shiny knot in the middle of a natural cutting board. Not my first choice. Lots of experimentation can be had with that stuff, but its very forgiving I find so its well worth the effort. My dad is close to selling his PCB manufacturing business after 30 years, so I want to make him a 4'x6' wall piece filled with old assemblies and our logo. I'll mess around with that Clear Cast and see if its a good candidate. Cheers!

#6079 12 days ago

601 was pretty damn good!

IMG_1479 (resized).jpgIMG_1479 (resized).jpgIMG_1487 (resized).jpgIMG_1487 (resized).jpgIMG_1496 (resized).jpgIMG_1496 (resized).jpgIMG_1497 (resized).jpgIMG_1497 (resized).jpg
#6080 12 days ago

[quoted image][quoted image]

great octopus table piece

#6081 11 days ago
Quoted from spfxted:

601 was pretty damn good!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Put down the Espinoza stuff and pickup the HVC’s in the background. They’re phenomenal!

#6082 10 days ago
Quoted from ryanbrooks:

Put down the Espinoza stuff and pickup the HVC’s in the background. They’re phenomenal!

I will do so next time I'm at Leafs Cigar Lounge! Thanks!
Took my car to a local car show for a few hours. Went with a buddy who brought his new Lambo. Lots of kids wanted to take pix in the car (mine, that is) . Of course we had to smoke a cigar.....

IMG_1514 (resized).jpgIMG_1514 (resized).jpg
#6083 10 days ago
Quoted from spfxted:

I will do so next time I'm at Leafs Cigar Lounge! Thanks!
Took my car to a local car show for a few hours. Went with a buddy who brought his new Lambo. Lots of kids wanted to take pix in the car (mine, that is) . Of course we had to smoke a cigar.....
[quoted image]

You already know what I’m going to say about that one…it’s the perfect cigar!

#6084 10 days ago

I agree! Never got a bad one....

#6085 10 days ago

Can’t remember if any of you guys sent me this or it came with an order. Either way it’s starting out well I wasn’t expecting much out of it so that helps.

IMG_8427 (resized).jpegIMG_8427 (resized).jpeg
#6086 9 days ago
Quoted from EJS:

Can’t remember if any of you guys sent me this or it came with an order. Either way it’s starting out well I wasn’t expecting much out of it so that helps.
[quoted image]

I smoked a few of them…they burn well and have a good draw and flavor, but I found myself smoking it way too fast to enjoy it because I just couldn’t get enough nicotine

#6087 9 days ago
Quoted from ryanbrooks:

I smoked a few of them…they burn well and have a good draw and flavor, but I found myself smoking it way too fast to enjoy it because I just couldn’t get enough nicotine

Yeah it was a pretty even burn. I wasn’t finding a lot of notes that I liked BUT it wasn’t harsh. I’d put it in the “garden cigar” category. Budget cigars like HVC better value. Actually calling HVC a budget cigar is more shame than they deserve.

#6088 9 days ago
Quoted from EJS:

Yeah it was a pretty even burn. I wasn’t finding a lot of notes that I liked BUT it wasn’t harsh. I’d put it in the “garden cigar” category. Budget cigars like HVC better value. Actually calling HVC a budget cigar is more shame than they deserve.

Try the HVC 500th. All y’all mofos on this thread read what I’ve said. Try one. If you don’t like it, I’ll send you a Padron for wasting your time and money.

#6089 9 days ago
Quoted from ryanbrooks:

Try the HVC 500th. All y’all mofos on this thread read what I’ve said. Try one. If you don’t like it, I’ll send you a Padron for wasting your time and money.

I just smoked a box......and didn't like ANY of them!

#6090 9 days ago
Quoted from spfxted:

I just smoked a box......and didn't like ANY of them!

You lose…I said try one. Sorry bout yer luck

#6092 9 days ago

Time to taunt PlanetExpress again

IMG_8439 (resized).jpegIMG_8439 (resized).jpeg
#6093 9 days ago
Quoted from EJS:

Time to taunt PlanetExpress again
[quoted image]

lol… that backglass is just as you described, overdue for the dumpster.

#6094 6 days ago

Yesterday

IMG_8460 (resized).jpegIMG_8460 (resized).jpeg
#6095 6 days ago

And tonight. Yummy

IMG_8487 (resized).jpegIMG_8487 (resized).jpeg
#6096 6 days ago

I need to order some sticks for an upcoming camping trip. What’s a good online site to order from?

#6097 6 days ago

I should add, normally I would support the local brick and mortar, but the budgets tight with the new pin purchase.

#6098 6 days ago
Quoted from nickrivers:

I need to order some sticks for an upcoming camping trip. What’s a good online site to order from?

Fox cigar and Cigar Page....always great prices and free shipping if you order a box, 5 pack or one cigar.....

#6099 6 days ago
Quoted from ryanbrooks:

Smoked a few things and the HVC 500.....a little bit milder than what I usually smoke, but I certainly liked it! Thanks!

IMG_1546 (resized).jpgIMG_1546 (resized).jpgIMG_1548 (resized).jpgIMG_1548 (resized).jpgIMG_1551 (resized).jpgIMG_1551 (resized).jpgIMG_1553 (resized).jpgIMG_1553 (resized).jpg
#6100 6 days ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Fox cigar and Cigar Page....always great prices and free shipping if you order a box, 5 pack or one cigar.....

Thanks! I’ll check out fox. Cigar Page I order from all the time, but it’s hit or miss. Sometimes great deals, and sometimes, like recently, absolute stinkers.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 6,129 posts in this topic. You are on page 122 of 123.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/any-of-you-guys-and-gals-cigar-smokers/page/122 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.