1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Daditude
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 1 year ago

Hey guys and gals, I just bought my first Pin, and Avengers Infinity Quest Premium a few months ago but it is feeling kinda lonely in my soon to be gameroom all by himself. I am looking to add an arcade machine to compliment my AIQ while I save up some bigger bucks for my next pin. I don't want an Arcade1Up in any of the current offerings so that is off the table at least for now. Pretty simple question here after doing a couple of quick searches in the threads here and on google and not really seeing anything, is there an arcade machine equivalent to Pinside? I am looking for more 80s 90s games that I grew up playing and a couple of others and not one of the huge multicades. I am looking for some of the ones I loved playing growing up in local pizza parlors and wing restaurants, and my want list is kind of all over the place. I have found some pretty low prices on sites like arcadesmarket.com but I don't know if some of these sites are too good to be true because of the lower prices compared to other shops I have looked at. Any help or suggested websites would be greatly appreciated.

#3 1 year ago

Arcade projects
    Arcade Otaku
    Ukvac

#4 1 year ago

Galaga/Ms Pac-Man 20 Year Reunion. Cocktail or cabinet version. I love the cocktail. It’s great for guests who aren’t into pinball. Someone is making repos but hopefully you can also find the real coin ops that were made in the early 2000s.

#5 1 year ago
    Quoted from CoachBacca:

I am looking for more 80s 90s games that I grew up playing and a couple of others and not one of the huge multicades.

Most of the multicades run the original game code and a front end for choosing/scrolling through the list. Unless the games you want have strange controllers (I’m looking at you, Vindicators) there is little gameplay difference to choose a cabinet that only plays one game.

You’re probably going to discover that the vast majority of the ‘great’ games you remember are total snoozefests now that 40 years of technology has passed them by. Play them on a MAME system before you drop a couple grand on one.

#6 1 year ago

KLOV is the place for original games, talk of multicades gets laughed out of there: https://forums.arcade-museum.com

Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Most of the multicades run the original game code and a front end for choosing/scrolling through the list. Unless the games you want have strange controllers (I’m looking at you, Vindicators) there is little gameplay difference to choose a cabinet that only plays one game.

This is partially true. There are often sound or performance problems with games running off multicade boards, and many of the multicade boards like the Game Elf and Pandora's Box have a bunch of bootleg trash.

Some multi-boards that are quality are the Bitkit FPGA, MisTER FPGA and ArcadeSD

#7 1 year ago

I chose to get a Galaga with a 60-in-1 game board in it. It has all of the top coin-op games and all are great quality.

There are multicades with far more games, however.

If you want a 'bar game', I would recommend Ice Cold Beer.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/arcade-version-of-pinside and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.