63 days ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 60 days ago by RCA1
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 63 days ago

First time post. Any suggestions on how to purchase a machine through pinside marketplace without getting scammed? I'm looking to purchase a Taxi pinball machine from an out of state seller... how do I structure the sale so I don't get taken for a ride. Thanks in advance for your assistance!

#3 63 days ago

You would also ask in a topic if anyone has dealt with this pinsider you want to buy from, to see reputation on pinside.
    Remember it's a two way street.

-Mike

#4 63 days ago

Taxi isn't a rare game. It's always best to buy local -- cash on the glass. See if you can shake a local one loose if you can.

Is the seller someone who frequents pinside, has feedback and lots of thumbs up? Confidence increases.

Could also find a local experienced pinsider to check it out for you (and pay them).

#5 63 days ago
    Quoted from dr_nybble:

Taxi isn't a rare game. It's always best to buy local -- cash on the glass. See if you can shake a local one loose if you can.
    Is the seller someone who frequents pinside, has feedback and lots of thumbs up? Confidence increases.
    Could also find a local experienced pinsider to check it out for you (and pay them).

I think this says it best. Cash on glass is always the best way but if it's a title you must have and can't fine one local well then, use facetime, video call etc. I've done a few interstate wires and all has been good. If you have someone that can check it out in the area for you even better. I have a friend in Denver that has done this a few times for getting games from CO to MN.

#7 63 days ago

I would ask for good pictures around scoops, ball drop areas from ramps, low angles shots of the playfield to see potential lifting of inserts. Also ask for pictures of the boards and connectors.

#8 61 days ago

i always ask for pics of all the bad about the machine. i don't need the good, i know what it looks like new.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/buying-without-being-able-to-see-the-game-in-person and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.