feeling good.gif
IMG_5622 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5613 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6748 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6743 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6741 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1144 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,364 posts in this topic. You are on page 148 of 148.
#7351 56 days ago
Quoted from iceman44:

The upper PF adds a LOT, you have to play it more than 10 games to figure that out.
It will really open up strategy and possibilities with future code. A great implementation thus far of an upper PF.
Thus, i'd much prefer the prem/LE versus the pro.

Agreed. Pros are fine for locations. Premiums are the full game. Sorry pro lovers.

#7352 54 days ago

The LE is/was the way to go. The art package is stunning, right up there with STLE and RUSH LE. The upper playfield is a must and so rewarding to play once you are able to climb the wave ramp. Upper play field scoring has figured prominently in last 2 code updates, im sure there are more surprises ahead.
I'm feeling no need to do any playfield modding as they got it right this time, getting esthetic mods for the LE/ prem playfield is like a stupid tax or I make too much money tax and im a serial modder, lol. ...with the exception for the bushing and airball fix mods. ...with .87 downloaded, it's going to be a fun weekend.

#7353 54 days ago

Buyer beware with The Chopping Mall on Etsy. I ordered 5 things from them before Xmas, including some of their Jaws items. They lied about shipping them twice and have constant excuses, now I'm having to dispute the charge with my CC company, Etsy is useless. They also won't let me leave a negative review, no wonder everyone on Etsy has 4.5 stars or better

#7354 54 days ago

The one time I left a less than 5-star review on Etsy, basically saying "this didn't work for me and here's why," but not totally trashing it, the seller/creator blew up at me. Good times.

Joke's on them, now the whole site is flooded with dropshipped AliExpress crap.

#7355 54 days ago
Quoted from Animal:

a serial modder

I think we should call them “serial modderers”.

#7356 53 days ago

I played JAWS quite a bit at The Texas Show. I really appreciate the departure from a traditional layout. I definitely prefer the Pro model. Over the years I have owned a variety of Stern games in various tiers. Ultimately, I buy what I like. I highly recommend everyone does the same.

#7357 53 days ago

Well you can call me Mr. Wishy Washy

Keep going back and forth on Pro vs Premium/LE

One day I am like the upper makes a difference and I like it and the next day I am like meh-the Pro plays great! It took me two months to figure out Godzilla and having a feeling I may be on the fence longer with this one. Going to get some good time on both side by side

#7358 53 days ago

I think they will make a ton of them. No rush to decide and the used market will be ripe with them in six months when the next “new shiny” is revealed.

#7359 53 days ago

Went back and played some more on the LE this week. Looooong games on this pin, me and a buddy played 3 two player games and it was almost an hour and a half later when we got done.
It was a blast, really enjoy this game and the assets are top notch. Some cool new ideas with the layout, great art package, huge fun factor especially competing in a multiplayer game…its a winner with me.

#7360 53 days ago
Quoted from Sinistarrett:

Went back and played some more on the LE this week. Looooong games on this pin, me and a buddy played 3 two player games and it was almost an hour and a half later when we got done.
It was a blast, really enjoy this game and the assets are top notch. Some cool new ideas with the layout, great art package, huge fun factor especially competing in a multiplayer game…its a winner with me.

Yeah I'm finding "regular not stellar" games are now lasting 15-20 mins with good games being 20-30 mins. Not as bad as LOTR but I am not a fan of long games. 20-25 mins on JP and you've escaped Nublar. That's way more intense than a slow burn 40 min game.

#7361 53 days ago
Quoted from SketchyMcDuff:

Buyer beware with The Chopping Mall on Etsy. I ordered 5 things from them before Xmas, including some of their Jaws items. They lied about shipping them twice and have constant excuses, now I'm having to dispute the charge with my CC company, Etsy is useless. They also won't let me leave a negative review, no wonder everyone on Etsy has 4.5 stars or better

Etsy customer serviced cancelled and refunded a couple of my orders. I asked why and they said they couldn't say but the person I ordered from was no longer allowed to sell on their platform. The Sellar contacted me directly and said it was a mis-understanding and my orders already shipped. Etsy CS said I'm free to keep anything that might show up but not to hold my breath.

Nothing ever showed up. I was saved the $$.

1 week later
#7362 42 days ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

Etsy customer serviced cancelled and refunded a couple of my orders. I asked why and they said they couldn't say but the person I ordered from was no longer allowed to sell on their platform. The Sellar contacted me directly and said it was a mis-understanding and my orders already shipped. Etsy CS said I'm free to keep anything that might show up but not to hold my breath.
Nothing ever showed up. I was saved the $$.

I've never had any problems with Etsy and that's with probably 50 orders.

3 weeks later
#7363 21 days ago
Quoted from Psw757:

As long as they have is audio with his clips it’s not a big deal and no doubt someone will make a translite that works with the art and feature Brody. Calling Pinstein

Pinstein sent me a couple alt translites to test fit on the Pro and Premium I had before he started selling them. He made two versions, a daytime and a sunset. I put the sunset one on the Premium and the daylight version on the Pro. He even dropped an old spice in there.
Sunset on the Premium
sunset-translite (resized).jpgsunset-translite (resized).jpg

Daylight on the Pro
JAWS_Pro_Day_Translite_sml (resized).jpgJAWS_Pro_Day_Translite_sml (resized).jpg

#7364 21 days ago

Looks nice, but since I'm the king of nitpickers: why is there a lens flare on Bruce's nose? Seems like an unnecessary "because I can" photoshop trick.

Also I guess it's a collage, but it's still kinda weird to feature two sharks.

This has been your quarterly "piss off an artist for no good reason" post. If Aurich was here he'd say this is why he left pinside.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 27.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 210.00
$ 799.00
Playfield - Plastics
CRCades

$ 27.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 17.50
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 210.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 5.00
Playfield - Other
Volcano Pinball

Cabinet Parts
Space Coast Pinball

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 32.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Waukee, IA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 17.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Delight

There are 7,364 posts in this topic. You are on page 148 of 148.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dah-dumjaws-hype-thread/page/148 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.