5 months ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 88 days ago by Rensh
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 5 months ago

Hi guys.

I have been trying to deal with Barry at DP regarding my BOP2.0 display. I am pretty sure it is my display that is the problem as I can hook up another display and I get video. My original display does not get any LEDs turning on, and I get 12v at the power supply going into the display.

So I reached out to get a new display telling him the above. He told me to PayPal him the funds (to a gmail address - was not comfortable doing this, but I did) for a new display and shipping. It took what seemed like a long time to ship what I was told was in stock. Fast forward a month+ later, and I get the display. Install it, and I still get no video, however on this display the LED flashes. I reach out with the updated information, and am waiting to her back from him. (I think I got a DOA display).

I know I am on the other side of the world from them, but they seem to be slow on getting back to me. Has any one else had the same experience in dealing with them for support?

#2 5 months ago

Sorry to hear this. I haven’t dealt with Barry in a quite some time.
    You may want to email Koen to see if he can help. He’s been helpful in the past. Did you post this in the BOP2.0 members on here?

#3 5 months ago

Hi

Sorry to read this. I do DP Support but only on TBL. I have alerted Barry on this and will make sure it gets the follow-up it deserves.

Rens
    DP Support (TBL)

2 months later
    #4 89 days ago

Here I am STILL waiting for a solution. We are coming up on 4 months now for a DISPLAY issue. I don't think I will ever buy another item form DP.

#5 89 days ago
    Quoted from lilltlc:

Here I am STILL waiting for a solution. We are coming up on 4 months now for a DISPLAY issue. I don't think I will ever buy another item form DP.

All of that stuff is basic off the shelf parts, have you just tried plugging in another display that you KNOW works? That'd at least rule out if the replacement was DOA or if the problem is upstream. Also make sure you swap the cable.

#6 88 days ago

Sorry about this

Contacted Barry again and he thought he already answered you but apparently not, sorry for that. He has answered you today.

For the rest just one advice. I have really zero issues with you posting your bad experience on pinside, just my advice to sent at least DP also in parallel an email with your, correct, complaint. Now it’s just ‘luck’ that I saw this post and could put wheels in motion. And when you mail Barry, put me in cc at [email protected] so I can keep track of it. Thanks.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dp-support-bop20-problem and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.