IMG_3282 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3275 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3228.jpeg
IMG_7581.gif
IMG_3046.jpeg
IMG_3047.jpeg
IMG_3048.jpeg
IMG_3049.jpeg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 104 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 25 days ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - for sale

For sale: Elton John (PE)

Featured Ad
Sticky Ad

Added: 2024-04-20 10:02:33 UTC • Ended: May 2nd, 2024
Condition: HUO - Documented (Home Used Only)

Price

$ 11,200

Elton John PE : the less flamboyant version but not there’s anything wrong with that!

I have enjoyed my time with the game and it’s undoubtedly the best shooter/best game overall from Jersey Jack. It has the greatest sound system of any game and made me question the speakers and amps in my other games.

It has less than 200 games played on it , more games were started but if I had a bad first ball I hold in the start button to restart. Yep, I’m one of those guys , Pro - game aborting after the first ball but before the second. Never between the 2nd and third because that’s when it technically becomes a game in my eyes!

It’s like new ,it needed no mods because it came loaded out of the box. Topper , radcals, starry blinking sunglasses.

Its extremely heavy and ready for pickup immediately. It’s still on the original code as well because I’m lazy and I didn’t want my high score deleted and to have to download my scores and reload them back on. Come to think of it , I will update and wipe the machine so you don’t have my scores and pictures of me with fancy sunglasses superimposed on my ugly mug.

I’d prefer a cash sale on this title unless you have a Batman66.

Check out my feedback, I am willing to ship and wrap if the buyer sets up for pickup.

PM me with any questions or if you’d like references.

Item photos

IMG_3051.jpeg
IMG_3052.jpeg
IMG_3047.jpeg
IMG_3050.jpeg
IMG_3046.jpeg
IMG_3049.jpeg
IMG_3048.jpeg
IMG_3228.jpeg

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are TheGunnett's market stats.

gold Seller Level

TheGunnett has the Pinside Gold seller level!

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to TheGunnett's stats page

Listing result

The seller ended this ad and submitted the final sales price into our price database but opted not to disclose the price publicly.

Seller contributed to Pinside for this listing!

Item location

Altoona, PA, US

Related shop items!

Interested in this game? Also check out these related Pinside Shops items!

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PixelPete Mods

#2 25 days ago
IMG_7581.gifIMG_7581.gif
#3 25 days ago

You don’t think this is going to turn into a complete shit show do you, do you?

#4 25 days ago
Quoted from TheGunnett:

This is why I never do comments on sale ads. People love being negative. Good luck. Most say it plays great.

#5 25 days ago
Quoted from TheGunnett:

Could go either way. We’ll see.

#6 25 days ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

This is why I never do comments on sale ads. People love being negative. Good luck. Most say it plays great.

Sure, but I think people also make positive comments AND you get bumps to your ad. I've sold a fair number of games and for me, the win outweighs the loss.

Don't know why this ad would be controversial. New game, plays great, looks great and if you live close by, you can get the game for less than MSRP. What's not to like?

#7 25 days ago

Also save on sales tax, and sales tax exposure if not collected by distributor. Probably delivery charge as well but JJP.pins are not easily moved.

Glwts

#8 25 days ago

I don't care what anyone thinks I have had them all and none of them compare to the show Elton puts on with this machine. IT's incredible to say the least. GLWTHS .

#9 25 days ago

EXTREMELY FAIR price too. I'd pay that price for EJ over that price for ANY of the top 10. Just sayin'

#10 25 days ago

This won't last long..

#11 25 days ago

Awesome game wish I had a Batman 66. GLWS

#12 23 days ago

Extremely fair price now! I haven't seen many Elton PEs below MSRP much less this much under. Wish I still lived in PA, but that was looooonng time ago.

#13 23 days ago

Definitely a beautiful game. Wasn't my cup of tea but I cannot deny how good it looks. It fits EJ's style for sure.

GLWS

#14 23 days ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Wasn't my cup of tea but I cannot deny how good it looks.

Earl Grey bump

#15 23 days ago

Great price. Good luck with your sale.

#16 23 days ago

Great price

#17 23 days ago

Hello,

Just to keep all updated,the game is still available. I did receive an offer for a very nice Batman 66 premium in NJ that requires I make the drive which is very tempting and my top prospect . However I do have another Pinsider that reached out to me via my “Wanted Ad” that has a Batman 66 LE and is deliberating on whether he would want my Metallica, Star Trek or even an exact cash amount. The gentleman has a great reputation and I’ve spoken to several times in the past or i would not be wasting my time with this scenario.
If that pans out or if he sets a reasonable price I may seek a straight cash deal. I have received many offers below my asking price from many with Crystal balls who know how much less it’s going to be worth in the future and have an entire $10,000 even that they are willing to offer me. I have declined and received counteroffers but I’m in a holding pattern until I hear back from the gentleman or I suppose I can’t refuse an offer for my asking price.

Bill

#18 23 days ago

Im that guy in NJ. Dont take too long as I have some other offers!

#19 23 days ago

Great price on a very in-demand title.
This should get full asking price if you’re patient. No need to give in to the crystal ball owning vultures. Let them wait for the prices to come down then.

#20 22 days ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Quoted from mbrave77:

Don’t sacrifice a good opportunity on my behalf, I realize the consequences of my hesitation.

IMG_3275 (resized).jpegIMG_3275 (resized).jpeg
#21 22 days ago

I have not sent out a lowball offer on this game.

In an unrelated matter, I would also be among those who would consider buying one of these for $10k.

I’m one of the many kreskins who thinks this will settle in around $8-9k in a year. But that doesn’t help you if you want one now, now does it?

#22 22 days ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

Great price on a very in-demand title.
This should get full asking price if you’re patient. No need to give in to the crystal ball owning vultures. Let them wait for the prices to come down then.

I think where you're mistaken is that this is an in demand title at 10k and below and maybe actually closer to 8500. At the current NIB pricing these will gather dust at the distributors warehouse.

I'm not sure if we vultures will ever get to see the 8500 mark tho if JJP doesn't lower the NIB price. They just might not end up selling very many and this ends up being a rarer title like pirates.

#23 22 days ago
Quoted from Deez:

I think where you're mistaken is that this is an in demand title at 10k and below and maybe actually closer to 8500. At the current NIB pricing these will gather dust at the distributors warehouse.
I'm not sure if we vultures will ever get to see the 8500 mark tho if JJP doesn't lower the NIB price. They just might not end up selling very many and this ends up being a rarer title like pirates.

That’s true. If they don’t sell any we’ll never see the Toy Story-like collapse. They must have sold a bunch of those before everybody realized how bad it is.

But Elton? My gut says it’s been a very slow seller, which might pick up if the word of mouth stays good. But lots of Elton fans/owners seem to have convinced themselves that this game is in fact “in demand” and flying off the shelves.

The truth shall reveal itself in time !!

#24 22 days ago

Still can’t stop playing Elton. Everyday since Christmas. Minus the time I sold the PE to get the CE.
Best game ever.
Proof. I’m only keeping one.
Elton is it!

#25 22 days ago

No they’re not flying off the shelf, but it’s definitely one of the great modern games , so those 2 things combined will mean nib buyers will be just fine and prices will hold up decently

#26 22 days ago

Step in the right direction for JJP for sure. I’m not a huge fan of the theme or the code but it’s fun to shoot and I may find one in my collection at some point when they come down to a realistic price. The fact that this hasn’t been scooped up yet might be some indication of the true demand but I think it’s the best deal you are going to get until the shine wears off in a few months on this title.

#27 22 days ago

If I wasn't fresh from the burn of the turd known as Godfather, I'd probably have picked one of these up. Lesson learned and it's probably not really a fair comparison to match Ritchie up to the master of clunk Eric.

Maybe I'm wrong and these will fly off the shelf eventually, but with the price history of Toy Story and Godfather I think many are probably gun shy like me at this point.

#28 22 days ago
Quoted from TheGunnett:

Hello,
Just to keep all updated,the game is still available. I did receive an offer for a very nice Batman 66 premium in NJ that requires I make the drive which is very tempting and my top prospect . However I do have another Pinsider that reached out to me via my “Wanted Ad” that has a Batman 66 LE and is deliberating on whether he would want my Metallica, Star Trek or even an exact cash amount. The gentleman has a great reputation and I’ve spoken to several times in the past or i would not be wasting my time with this scenario.
If that pans out or if he sets a reasonable price I may seek a straight cash deal. I have received many offers below my asking price from many with Crystal balls who know how much less it’s going to be worth in the future and have an entire $10,000 even that they are willing to offer me. I have declined and received counteroffers but I’m in a holding pattern until I hear back from the gentleman or I suppose I can’t refuse an offer for my asking price.
Bill

Transparency as a power move. Lowballers better bring better numbers! I dig it.

#29 22 days ago
Quoted from Deez:

If I wasn't fresh from the burn of the turd known as Godfather, I'd probably have picked one of these up. Lesson learned and it's probably not really a fair comparison to match Ritchie up to the master of clunk Eric.
Maybe I'm wrong and these will fly off the shelf eventually, but with the price history of Toy Story and Godfather I think many are probably gun shy like me at this point.

I'm fresh from the burn of GTF. Paid 9000 NIB May '23 and unloaded at 6500 two weeks ago = 27.7% loss. AP and JJP are apples to oranges BUT if you take 12K PE and 15K CE at that discount, a PE is 8700 and CE 10900. Distros phones would ring off the hook. I would GLADY pay either of those amounts so that is why I'm not jumping on another month old PE at 11000. #waitandsee

#30 22 days ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

Transparency as a power move. Lowballers better bring better numbers! I dig it.

Here’s a little proof that I’m not bullshiting. The gentleman who made the offer reached out via Facebook messenger and verified that he was legit and knew people that I knew. I still said no until I hear back with the gentleman with the Batman LE.

IMG_3282 (resized).jpegIMG_3282 (resized).jpegI’m not posturing or trying to pull anything over on anyone. I am in a position where I want a Batman 66 and I can afford an LE version instead of the premium. I don’t need any of these things but I want what I want. I can’t afford every game I want but can afford any single game that I want if I’m willing to sacrifice a few others.

#31 22 days ago
Quoted from TheGunnett:

Here’s a little proof that I’m not bullshiting. The gentleman who made the offer reached out via Facebook messenger and verified that he was legit and knew people that I knew. I still said no until I hear back with the gentleman with the Batman LE.
[quoted image]I’m not posturing or trying to pull anything over on anyone. I am in a position where I want a Batman 66 and I can afford an LE version instead of the premium. I don’t need any of these things but I want what I want. I can’t afford every game I want but can afford any single game that I want if I’m willing to sacrifice a few others.

Not sure why you are defending yourself...it's your game and you can do whatever you want with it!

The COVID pinball bubble has burst, and that amplifies the situation. Take Bond60th, many FOMO buyers paid 20k NIB. I waited 6 months or so and picked up a NIB for 15k. Now, very low play NOB examples are selling for 11-13k. Low run of 500, crazy popular & timeless license, KME design...go figure

If I were in your situation, 10.5k is a credible offer (since getting a NIB EJ PE will be easy to get for quite some time, and many Pinsiders like the thrill of opening the box It's a nice playing/looking game, but the license doesn't appear to resonate with the community. fwiw, I like the artist/license and will likely pickup a CE down the road.

GLWTS

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The truth shall reveal itself in time !!

#32 22 days ago

"Elton John PE : the less flamboyant version but not there’s anything wrong with that!"

LMFAO!

BTW... I have dealt with Bill before, nice guy.

Good Luck

#33 22 days ago

I think there are a bunch of us that are patiently waiting to see where these go price wise. I do want one. Honestly, nothing is flying off the shelves right now. All the games out there seem to be slow to sell, perhaps with the exception of Jaws LEs.

#34 22 days ago
Quoted from insight75:

I think there are a bunch of us that are patiently waiting to see where these go price wise. I do want one. Honestly, nothing is flying off the shelves right now. All the games out there seem to be slow to sell, perhaps with the exception of Jaws LEs.

I agree with this. It is why I traded my STTNG and cash for a Venom Pre today (yes we really like Venom and wanted one) but I wasn't having any luck selling. I would have preferred the money and the space but this was a local deal which helped.

But overall for sellers its tough right now.

#35 22 days ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

I agree with this. It is why I traded my STTNG and cash for a Venom Pre today (yes we really like Venom and wanted one) but I wasn't having any luck selling. I would have preferred the money and the space but this was a local deal which helped.
But overall for sellers its tough right now.

The market does seem to be favoring trades right now. Traded a pin myself recently and had dozens of trade offers and barely any cash offers.

#36 22 days ago
Quoted from tgarrett09:

The market does seem to be favoring trades right now. Traded a pin myself recently and had dozens of trade offers and barely any cash offers.

I think what is really going on is not a lack of demand… it’s a collective lack of space.

#37 22 days ago

I know of a ton of people that would love to buy one of these for $10K right now HUO but there is not any supply at that price and likely won't be for quite some time. I think there's something psychological with that $10K price point. At the same time I don't think there are many that are willing to pay more than $11K HUO. If someone really wants the game they will just pay the extra grand and get it NIB. What's an extra grand if you are already spending $11k, plus you get it delivered straight to your door and can use whatever method of payment you want (credit card perks, etc).

Trading seems to be the best option in the current market or maybe settling around a $10.5K cash price. I see this game holding better than most due to lower production and I could see prices staying above $10K long term even after production is over.

#38 22 days ago

FYI. Original cost 12k. Tax 750. Shipping 600 or more. Total 13,350 or more depending on shipping. That's a $2,100 savings for a local buyer.

#39 22 days ago
Quoted from jackd104:

I think what is really going on is not a lack of demand… it’s a collective lack of space.

The Elton John Hype Thread would suggest otherwise, though I like the artist/license.

Image 4-23-24 at 5.48 PM (resized).jpgImage 4-23-24 at 5.48 PM (resized).jpg

#40 22 days ago
Quoted from snaroff:

The Elton John Hype Thread would suggest otherwise, though I like the artist/license.
[quoted image]

This was put out before anyone played the game or new details. I would be the first to say no thanks on an Elton pin before the reveal, but seeing it is a different story. I have no idea why these polls are worded in such a goofy way that hardly gets a real useful response. If you look at the Owners thread you can get first hand testimony of what it's like to play and own. As far as I see, all love the game and feel it's a great value for the price.

#41 22 days ago
Quoted from pindel:

This was put out before anyone played the game or new details. I would be the first to say no thanks on an Elton pin before the reveal, but seeing it is a different story. I have no idea why these polls are worded in such a goofy way that hardly gets a real useful response. If you look at the Owners thread you can get first hand testimony of what it's like to play and own. As far as I see, all love the game and feel it's a great value for the price.

Ok, but it's trivial to update your vote and I agree the wording is goofy.

Owner's threads are always gushy, c'mon. Foo Fighters owners thread was insanely upbeat and won game of the year. One year later, a very tough game to sell and not take an absolute beating (especially on the LE's).

The market "is what it is"...way too many games being produced with limited open slots. We all have different tolerances for prices & see value in different things. Most of the over-the-top praise for EJCE is the insane topper, which means more to some folks than others. I actually prefer the PE art package overall. As the op said so well, "the less flamboyant version but not there’s anything wrong with that!". Somebody buy this game, already!

#42 22 days ago
Quoted from pindel:

FYI. Original cost 12k. Tax 750. Shipping 600 or more. Total 13,350 or more depending on shipping. That's a $2,100 savings for a local buyer.

My experience is that tax and shipping add less resale value than 3D printed mods.

#43 22 days ago
Quoted from pindel:

You don’t know this as a fact. Seller could have only paid 12,000 with out of state distro so no tax and possibly free shipping.

As others have stated, at 11k, just fork over another 1000 for a sealed box.

#44 22 days ago
Quoted from Ballypin:

You don’t know this as a fact. Seller could have only paid 12,000 with out of state distro so no tax and possibly free shipping.

On the other hand…
“You’ll pay me $1,000 to play a few dozen games on a new machine and keep the box that I would have thrown away anyway?”

#45 22 days ago
Quoted from Ballypin:

No dealer is offering free shipping on EJ. Correct that tax could be an option for out of state purchase from some dealers.

#46 22 days ago
Quoted from pindel:

No dealer is offering free shipping on EJ.

Wanna bet ?

#47 21 days ago

It would be nice to give the dealer name offering free ship, no tax.

#48 21 days ago

Negotiation. I guarantee if you contact dealers and make an offer to pay MSRP shipped free they will bite.

#49 21 days ago
Quoted from pindel:

It would be nice to give the dealer name offering free ship, no tax.

Those who know, know.

#50 21 days ago
Quoted from Ballypin:

Those who know, know.

IMG_6302 (resized).jpegIMG_6302 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PixelPete Mods

$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Whitty Pinball Creations

$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 104 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-elton-john-pe-5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.