(Topic ID: 253922)

PinDoc Playfield ROTISSERIES starting at $260.00

By wrd1972_PinDoc

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    Untitled (resized).png
    Untitled (resized).png
    Untitled (resized).png
    IMG_3672 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2660 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_2117 (resized).jpeg
    20231220_082654 (resized).jpg
    There are 784 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 16.
    #1 4 years ago

Congratulations! You are looking at the highest quality and most versatile Pinball playfield rotisserie for home use, ON THE PLANET!

Details:
    • Supports all standard and wide-body playfields.
    • Constructed from 16-gauge and 1/8-inch steel (no thin flimsy materials here).
    • Fully hand-welded for maximum strength.
    • Adjusting knobs to lock in the PF position (no lock-down screws that slip and damage the axles).
    • Polymer axle clamps to provide smooth and damage free rotation.
    • Small footprint when not in use (arrives in a re-usable 18-inch x 14-inch x 4-inch box).
    • C-clamps (2-inch or 3-inch) are NOT included.
    • Made in the USA!

• The PinDoc Pro Roto ($260.00) arrives in a bare, metal finish and must be painted, waxed, or oiled. NO A-frame EXTENSIONS INCLUDED. YOU PROVIDE a pair of 60" 1/2-inch electrical metal conduits or similar material to connect the A-frames.

• The PinDoc Premium Roto ($305.00) arrives in a bare metal finish and must be painted, waxed, or oiled. Also includes heavy-duty extenders constructed from 3/4-inch and 1-inch steel to connect the A-frames.

• The PinDoc LE Roto ($380.00) is powder coated in your choice of available colors and is derived from the Premium model.

CLICK BELOW FOR MORE INFO OR TO PLACE AN ORDER:
    https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1236-pindoc-restorations

Be sure to see Cary Hardy's review on the PinDoc Rotisserie:

4 (resized).png4 (resized).png
    20191202_122725 - Copy (resized).jpg20191202_122725 - Copy (resized).jpg
    Prem1 (resized).jpgPrem1 (resized).jpg
    Untitled (resized).pngUntitled (resized).png

The optional PinDoc SideKick attaches to the existing factory mounting brackets located on the bottom of your playfield, just like at the factory. It also provides maximum access to all playfield components and increased strength and security.

• $195.00 Shipped- Premium Sidekick
    • $280.00 Shipped- LE Sidekick

2 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg

The optional PinDoc Sliders attach to your playfield using the existing metal hanger screws currently located on the front of your playfield. Eliminates need for C-clamps. The PinDoc Sliders can also support the rear of the playfield using screws or c-clamps.

• $75.00 Shipped- Premium Sliders
    • $125.00 Shipped- LE Sliders

#2 4 years ago

I would most likely be in!

#3 4 years ago

Good idea!
    I would be interested

#4 4 years ago

Looks awesome! Yeah, count me in!

#5 4 years ago

Question - why is one side up on blocks?

#6 4 years ago

Just for giggles, we were playing the game on the rotisserie. So we had to tilt it for the ball to roll.
    No other reason. I will get some more detailed pics in the next day or two.

#7 4 years ago

I am in for this.

#8 4 years ago

I would be interested in this as well.

#9 4 years ago

Looks good

#10 4 years ago

Yes

#11 4 years ago

Heck yes for me

#12 4 years ago

Interested

#13 4 years ago

Possibly... I would need a lot more information before purchase vs build decision got made on my end. I have been kicking around the idea of finally getting one for a long while now.

#14 4 years ago

Okay looks like there is some interest. Thanks guys.

rufessor,
    i am planning on posting some additional more detailed pics in the next day or two. You stated you need a "lot" more info before purchase. What other info do you really need that I did not already cover? Aiming to please here.

#15 4 years ago

Looks great!

#16 4 years ago

Really looking for better pics, most interested in three things.

Rotational locking mech-
    How many degrees of freedom?
    Stability when locked (slop in mech)?

Playfield locking/clamping mechanism
    How does it work?
    Variable length? Range?
    Width? As above

Height adjustment?
    Must it sit on an existing bench?
    Stand?

Probably more.... these are “simple” devices but many designs have been attempted here on pinside with plus and minus to all. Not a one size fits all product. Just want to know more about everything.

Honestly- my reading was you made exactly one of these- it worked for you and now your contemplating selling them. I have no issue with that- maybe you read every thread here on their design and took all the good stuff and put it together. That would be great but none of that information comes out of your initial post. Maybe you are a pro welder and own your own fabrication shop and this is a fun side project- who is to know without a little information.

I have no issues with any of this nor do I expect or really care if your a pro- just providing some context as to what someone may conceivably want to know before buying. You were perfectly clear in saying you would add info and were checking interest. Thank you for asking for what kind of information would be most helpful!!’

For me thats a short list off the top of my head and a little bit of why. Others can add to the list.

Thank you!

#17 4 years ago
    Quoted from rufessor:

Must it sit on an existing bench?
    Stand?

It's roughly 2 feet high so I would guess yes.

#18 4 years ago

I would definitely be interested!

#20 4 years ago
    Quoted from mario_1_up:

I would suggest doing a hand knob over the using just a bolt.
    amazon.com link »

100% percent.

#21 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

It's roughly 2 feet high so I would guess yes.

Less guess = better

More info = possible suggestions for simple improvements...

Quoted from TheLaw:

100% percent.

#22 4 years ago

JJPOTC and Wonka owners should all be interested in one of these.

#23 4 years ago

I would be interested for sure.

#24 4 years ago

I've got one and would still be interested at that price

#26 4 years ago

I bought the similar one from marco and sent it back immediately because of quality.

I would be in on this one.

#27 4 years ago
    Quoted from mario_1_up:

I would suggest doing a hand knob over the using just a bolt.
    amazon.com link »

That particular hand-knob is 3/8" threaded, and I feel its not up to the job for here. So in my opinion, it just can not provide the clamping power that is needed to lock the playfield down. So for my design, I am using a 1/2" bolt that clamps the playfield down, and does so without any slop.

Obviously you could purchase a 1/2" hand-knob and use that instead of the bolt. But in order to keep the price down, I will likely not make that offering. I actually tested both, and the 1/2 bolt is far superior for this application, and will not wear out either.

#28 4 years ago

Agreed with earlier poster... all of the lock ins should be hand-settable... having to use a wrench, pliers, lock grips, etc. every time I want to make an alteration just sucks, based on experience with a similar table size rotisserie as your current version. I changed out to screwable knobs, similar to those used for a water faucet.

#29 4 years ago

I'm in for one.

#30 4 years ago

wrd1972_PinDoc - two questions from me:

#1 - newbie question, sorry. I've never used a rotisserie or seen one in person yet, but after doing my first playfield tear down/repair this year I know I want one now. How does the playfield actually physically get mounted onto the rotisserie? Clamps? Can you show a picture?
    #2 - where's the order form?

#31 4 years ago

Thank you for your answers! Great description and looks like its well put together!

Thank you

#32 4 years ago
    Quoted from Mathazar:

wrd1972 - two questions from me:
    #1 - newbie question, sorry. I've never used a rotisserie or seen one in person yet, but after doing my first playfield tear down/repair this year I know I want one now. How does the playfield actually physically get mounted onto the rotisserie? Clamps? Can you show a picture?
    #2 - where's the order form?

Good question.
    For basic EM and early 80's solid-state playfields. You can use some basic c-clamps to attach the PF to the rotating brackets. Those are pretty straight forward.

For more modern playfields that have a very tall back wall such as the Fire as seen in the above pics. I had to drill holes in the rotating brackets and then screw the PF down in the back. You could also use tall c-clamps as well but at some point, they might impede rotation just a bit. Or lastly, you can just disassemble whatever it takes to avoid using screws, and revert back to the standard c-clamps.

If I decide to do this, I will NOT be drilling holes in the rotating brackets again to keep the cost down. But you could very easily do this yourself based on your needs.

Quoted from rufessor:

Thank you for your answers! Great description and looks like its well put together!
    Thank you

Your very welcome.

#33 4 years ago
    Quoted from Elicash:

I bought the similar one from marco and sent it back immediately because of quality.
    I would be in on this one.

Could you please expand on this? I would love to hear what the issue was as to ensure the best possible tool

#34 4 years ago

Ill buy one. I think I bought one from you but I could use a second one.

#35 4 years ago
    Quoted from wrd1972_PinDoc:

Could you please expand on this? I would love to hear what the issue was as to ensure the best possible tool

I believe that it was flimsy.

#36 4 years ago

I would definitely be interested in one. Also open to the community providing any tips on modding it. While I understand the bolt won't wear out, having to grab a wrench anytime I want to lock/unlock would get real old real fast.

#37 4 years ago

Nice looking setup Bill.

I think if you wanted you could offer it with like a 2" long piece of round bar centered and welded to the top of your 1/2" bolt for a quick and easy handle, then you could still use an open ended wrench if you really wanted to tighten it up.

When I built my setup (wood not metal) I didn't bother with cross bars at all, but simply screw the ends down to my work table. I, of course, have a table top with a replaceable surface you can screw into.

#38 4 years ago
    Quoted from dung:

having to grab a wrench anytime I want to lock/unlock would get real old real fast.

I originally used some ready made handles at my hardware store only to swap out for eye bolts.
    This post mentions 1/4 - 20 but I upsized to 3/8.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vids-quick-and-dirty-rotisserie-guide/page/2#post-665708

I like the eye bolt as it is pretty easy to tighten by hand or use any handy straight implement to torque down.

1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpgeyebolt (resized).jpgeyebolt (resized).jpg
    #39 4 years ago

Looks great - put me on the list!

#40 4 years ago

I'd be in.

#41 4 years ago

Looks like you are going to be busy.

#42 4 years ago

Okay the interest is there for sure. I am now starting the process of sourcing materials to see if that price point can be met. Still looking at this thing from a "bare bones" perspective, so its still not likely to have any hand-knobs included.

I understand the thinking of the hand-knob being a convenience. But I really want to avoid any cost adders if possible. I would much rather put that money towards better quality materials.

Again anyone can add a hand knob at a later date if they choose. But if I really thought it was a big benefit, I would have it on mine. I just lay the wrench under the rotisserie and its easily accessible when needed. Plus I have found that I am not really constantly rotating the thing anyway. It just tends to stay in one position most of the time when I am reconditioning playfields.

I guess I could "consider" a Limited Edition painted rotisserie with your choice of graphics, hand-knobs as well as a numbered plaque. But if you have to ask what it would cost - you cant afford it. Premium model might be slightly cheaper though.

#43 4 years ago

Here is something I don't like about the one I have. It doesn't turn very easily when a PF is clamped down to it. Although that may be just the method I am using to hold it down. I am using aluminum clamps that one would use to hold a camper top down on a pickup. So, for what that is worth.

#44 4 years ago

I'd be in for one as well. Depends on the lead time as I could use one in the next couple of months.

#45 4 years ago

Not sure how many you can build in a month, but those of us going to PinCinnati could save you some shipping expenses. Just a thought.

#46 4 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

Not sure how many you can build in a month, but those of us going to PinCinnati could save you some shipping expenses. Just a thought.

I am planning on being there. How many can your crew vouch for?

#47 4 years ago

For experienced users of a roto: Is a floor stand or table top better? Ergonomics, slip etc.

#48 4 years ago
    Quoted from KozMckPinball:

For experienced users of a roto: Is a floor stand or table top better? Ergonomics, slip etc.

It's all about your working space. Not everyone has that much free table space to work with to put one or two PFs out... and then still have space for all their stuff.

I liked the rolling rack for that reason.. I could move around it easy enough and move it out of the way when needed.

Being able to work on a PF from either side is a big bonus too.

#49 4 years ago
    Quoted from wrd1972_PinDoc:

I am planning on being there. How many can your crew vouch for?

I'm a one man crew lol.
    Looking through this thread, looks like about 3-4 of us are Midwesterners. If you or I post in the PinCinnati thread, you'd prob get a better gauge. I'm guessing you could sell 10 easily.

#50 4 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

Was that a full sentence?!!

There are 784 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 16.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gauging-interest-in-all-metal-pf-rotisseries-for-18000-shipped and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.