Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 93 posts
  • 39 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 17 days ago by Haymaker
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

umm-no.gif
    44eea69c-1798-461d-b23b-fb000f08094d_text.gif
    B9DED86F-00B1-4291-BC3D-B87B3336B280.gif

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

It was generated from this Marketplace listing.

There are 93 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 22 days ago

Some people have no business driving a car, or having kids, yet they do. Same for running a business, not everyone is going to be good at it. All businesses are not equal, some are going to be more complex to manage than others.

A pinball machine is a massive mess for logistics, qa, engineering, accounting and production. I sure as heck wouldn’t start a pinball company as I would likely lose my shirt and starve to death.

So I have more pity than hate for anyone that tries and fails. It probably took a couple poor decisions, a couple bad employees or just some supply quality issues that can jumble all the finances. I don’t have a clear picture and don’t want to read the 50 pages of what happened at haggis.

#52 22 days ago

They should have called it "Haggis.....Seriously? Pass."

#53 22 days ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Oh easy then. They owe you the refund if things go to shit. That’s great that you went through a distro and not directly with Haggis. That’s protection.

This could just go back into a "I guess people don't understand what non refundable means" type of situation....

#54 22 days ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

This could just go back into a "I guess people don't understand what non refundable means" type of situation....

Well that’s a very important part. Haha. Yeah. No matter what you’re not getting a non refundable deposit back unless they make an exception.

#55 21 days ago

You buy the series pass. OP emails Damien CCing you, you get a response from Damien they will honor the transfer. YAY!

You get a call tomorrow that your Centaur Orblivion edition is ready to ship from Australia... all they need is the additional $8995 (or however much it is) to cover the balance of your payment...

Do you cut the check?

I don't know that I'd trust that. If balance was due when the machine was in the USA and in the hands of a distributor... maybe.

I am feeling less and less confident we will get to see a newly made paragon or eight ball deluxe...

GLWTS!

#56 21 days ago
    Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

You buy the series pass. OP emails Damien CCing you, you get a response from Damien they will honor the transfer. YAY!
    You get a call tomorrow that your Centaur Orblivion edition is ready to ship from Australia... all they need is the additional $8995 (or however much it is) to cover the balance of your payment...
    Do you cut the check?
    I don't know that I'd trust that. If balance was due when the machine was in the USA and in the hands of a distributor... maybe.
    I am feeling less and less confident we will get to see a newly made paragon or eight ball deluxe...
    GLWTS!

I'm just thinking the guy who gets a response from Damien should ask questions on behalf of the other dozen(s?) who do not.

#57 21 days ago

Isn't Damien the name of the anti-christ in the Omen?

Probably unrelated.

#58 21 days ago

Do you cut the check?

Lol

Not without a photographic evidence of the game and a new contract that states a full refund will be issued at any time upon request if the game fails to materialize by a certain date.

Not that the contract would be worth the paper it's written on...it would just be nice to have and frame it for the wall later....

#59 21 days ago

buy it then call ACCC they will get you a full refund, they cn say it's non refundable however if they have breached any condition it's void

#60 21 days ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Not that the contract would be worth the paper it's written on...it would just be nice to have and frame it for the wall later....

I was actually curious about this, myself. Is the "series pass" an actual physical certificate of some sort, or is it just a name on a spreadsheet overseas?

I'm assuming the latter, but figured it couldn't hurt to ask at this point...

#61 21 days ago
    Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

I was actually curious about this, myself. Is the "series pass" an actual physical certificate of some sort, or is it just a name on a spreadsheet overseas?
    I'm assuming the latter, but figured it couldn't hurt to ask at this point...

Nothing physical for the pass (other than Mermaid came with some framed wall art that specified series holder).

#62 21 days ago
    Quoted from Oneangrymo:

go back to my distributor

It's sort of insane to me that a distro would sell this product. What distro did you go through for this?

#63 21 days ago
    Quoted from Robotoes:

It's sort of insane to me that a distro would sell this product. What distro did you go through for this?

Theres only 1 US distributor

#64 21 days ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

Should of known by the logo!

#65 21 days ago

I can't even think of 4 early Bally titles, that would be worth the kind of money fathom can command.

#66 21 days ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I can't even think of 4 early Bally titles, that would be worth the kind of money fathom can command.

My guesses for popularity/demand would be:

Fathom
    Centaur
    Eight Ball Deluxe
    Flash Gordon
    Paragon

At least those are the one's I'd want.

#67 21 days ago
    Quoted from Wariodolby:

Should of known by the logo!
    [quoted image]

flip you off pinball?

#68 21 days ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Fathom and Centaur are definitely collector bait, but I wouldn't put either of them in my early Bally top 4, factoring in gameplay. But I'm not paying Haggis money for any of 'em, so it's a moot point I guess.

#69 20 days ago

My guesses for popularity/demand would be:
    Fathom
    Centaur
    Eight Ball Deluxe
    Flash Gordon
    Paragon
    At least those are the one's I'd want.

yes, but would anyone pay 8k for any of those? Fathom is the only one that commands NIB prices. The rest, not so much. Seemed like suckers money from the get go.

#70 20 days ago

Pass seems the unfortunate operative word for buyer interest

#71 20 days ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

amazing. So Zach, the guy who was like "send these guys money they're legit!!!1"

#72 20 days ago
    Quoted from Robotoes:

amazing. So Zach, the guy who was like "send these guys money they're legit!!!1"

Their money is safe and I’m sure he will refund all deposits.

That’s why it’s different this time!

#73 19 days ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Absolutely. Zach’s a standup guy. He would never sell or endorse such a risky product without some hedge or guarantee to his buyers. Especially given the recent history of other pinball “manufacturers”.

#74 19 days ago

Do you cut the check?
    GLWTS!

I don't think he is asking for a check. A check can be cancelled. Target scratch off Gift Cards cannot. Sheesh Damien needs to learn to scam better. Maybe the restructuring involves establishing a new call center in India.

#75 19 days ago
    Quoted from vicjw66:

Absolutely. Zach’s a standup guy. He would never sell or endorse such a risky product without some hedge or guarantee to his buyers. Especially given the recent history of other pinball “manufacturers”.

It's a bit suspect he offered this to begin with, he needs to make better decisions and stop selling risky assets. If he isn't willing to give refunds now, and it doesn't appear he is, it's up to everyone to protect themselves. Though, not buying this to begin with was one of those ways, but here some of you are.

#76 19 days ago
    Quoted from vicjw66:

It just sucks that they’ve had to hold on to all of this money all of this time so it can be promptly refunded when it’s finally official. But at least they got some free interest out of it. But it was the right thing was to keep all of this money in a safe place and not spend any of it, In case something like this happened.

It’s probably several hundred thousand dollars? Or would that be hyperbole?

#77 19 days ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Didn't he say on one of his podcast episodes that haggis required the deposit funds to be sent in to haggis and that they're not being held in escrow by Zach at all? So if haggis collapses, it sounded like he would be refunding customers from his own pocket.

#78 19 days ago

So does this all mean toppers are going up even more?

#79 19 days ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Didn't he say on one of his podcast episodes that haggis required the deposit funds to be sent in to haggis and that they're not being held in escrow by Zach at all? So if haggis collapses, it sounded like he would be refunding customers from his own pocket.

Zach might not be taking the family to Disney world next year if that is the case it is all out of his pocket. It will be interesting how he handles it when/if Haggis likely makes it official.

#80 19 days ago

Do you cut the check?
    GLWTS!

I have played his version of Centaur and wouldn’t cut the check if he were standing on my front porch with the game in box.

I thought Fathom was nice although the added story and code were useless to me. For that kind of cash find a really nice original.

#81 19 days ago

Imo Zach and anyone else needs to refund the money now. Its not fair to keep people's money in limbo for an indeterminate but undoubtedly long (best case scenerio) time when the stakes have changed so much. I don't care if it's "non refundable". Given the circumstances now, the money should be refunded to anyone who asks. On the off chance Haggis is somehow able to pull it together then they can choose if they want to jump back in or not and be at the front of the line if they do.

#82 19 days ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

I don't care if it's "non refundable".

If you get a refund? Then what does "non refundable" mean?

To me it's like asking for your money back because you didn't win on a scratch ticket.

-Mike

#83 19 days ago
    Quoted from Grizlyrig:

To me it's like asking for your money back because you didn't win on a scratch ticket.
    -Mike

Asking for a non-refundable deposit for something and then not making said thing, or perpetually delaying it, is little more than a scam. It isn't legal.

#84 19 days ago
    Quoted from Grizlyrig:

-Mike

Yeah, sorry, all of that went out the window after the goalposts were moved the length of 10 stadiums over the course of this fiasco. Why does haggis get to say "yes we promised this but now it's this much worse thing now" over and over and over again, but "we said non-refundable" doesn't get to change? That's just a pill I'm not willing to swallow.

#85 19 days ago
    Quoted from Grizlyrig:

-Mike

What?! That's for backing out of buying something you committed to on your end. Not the same as when said something isn't delivered. Now they aren't living up to their end.

#86 19 days ago
    Quoted from Grizlyrig:

-Mike

What a perfect comparison! Apples to apples indeed, well done sir!

#87 18 days ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

Imo Zach and anyone else needs to refund the money now. Its not fair to keep people's money in limbo for an indeterminate but undoubtedly long (best case scenerio) time when the stakes have changed so much. I don't care if it's "non refundable". Given the circumstances now, the money should be refunded to anyone who asks. On the off chance Haggis is somehow able to pull it together then they can choose if they want to jump back in or not and be at the front of the line if they do.

In pretentious southern accent: "it's like... uh.. you don't know what the word REFUNDABLE means."

#88 18 days ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I think most of us just don’t give too much of a shit about some podcaster turned pinball salesman. You’ve had a huge bee in your bonnet about this guy for years and most of us just don’t care.

Tournament players might not care as you’re typically not collectors buying top end machines. Not the target audience of the snakes. Many are collectors and many do care.

I know the kool aid drinkers and shills getting discounts while promoting whatever they receive def don’t like it. Many call out the same and for the new collectors that are the target of this BS - yeah, I’ll call it out for them as well. The snakes out there - people see through it and it will be called out.

Let’s see how this deposit thing is handled bc the gamble certainly isn’t paying off. I got the popcorn out….

#89 18 days ago
    Quoted from stubborngamer:

Asking for a non-refundable deposit for something and then not making said thing, or perpetually delaying it, is little more than a scam. It isn't legal.

To my knowledge there was no time or expiration date.
    -Mike

#90 18 days ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

Given the circumstances now, the money should be refunded to anyone who asks. On the off chance Haggis is somehow able to pull it together then they can choose if they want to jump back in or not and be at the front of the line if they do.

Come on, if you were to pull out and get your refund, you are now out. You don't get to say hey I see you got it together and I'll get back in at the front of the line. Doesn't work like that,you go to the back of the line,if there is even one.
    They will lose customers for life if they don't get things together.

-Mike

#91 18 days ago

Very expensive lottery ticket!

#92 17 days ago
    Quoted from Grizlyrig:

Come on, if you were to pull out and get your refund, you are now out. You don't get to say hey I see you got it together and I'll get back in at the front of the line. Doesn't work like that,you go to the back of the line,if there is even one.
    -Mike

Pretty sure they've already lost every customer for life.

#93 17 days ago
    Quoted from Grizlyrig:

-Mike

I would be fine with that as well, and probably nobody would jump back in anyway. I just thought it might be a good idea as a showing of good will from Haggis after jacking these people around for years. Sadly, I don't think any of it is going to happen.

There are 93 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

It was generated from this Marketplace listing.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/haggis-series-pass/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.