Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 34 days ago by Tuukka
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 37 days ago

My Hot Shot which is on location at the Delaware Pinball Collective has an intermittent issue where the game goes to game over mid game. I see no pattern that is triggering the issue. The slam switchs on the door and mech board have been forced closed and I don't believe they are the issue. Any suggestions would be welcome.

#2 36 days ago

Does it happen on a particular ball? Does it always go to game over? Noticing some behavior like that might help narrow it down. For example, if it only goes to game over from the next to last ball, it could be something like the ball return switch is gapped too narrowly and is occasionally vibrating closed during play. If that were the case, on other balls, it would just quit playing and go to the next ball.

Being intermittent makes me wonder about a switch being gapped too narrowly, a switch tab being a little too close to a neighbor, etc. Does it happen more often if you pound on the cabinet or pf in a particular area?

#3 36 days ago

It does not happen on a specific ball or player. It is not related to nudging or hitting the cabinet. I agree that the likely answer is a switch gapped to closely and a vibration causing it. I'm unsure where to look though..

#4 36 days ago

Maybe the R relay hold-in circuit?
.................David Marston

#5 34 days ago

If you have a partially/fully shorted coil somewhere, activating it might cause 24V voltage to drop so much that the hold relay drops out, triggering game over and removing power to shorted coil also. Check all coils and relays for signs of overheating (molten plastic or burnt wrapper).

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hot-shot-goes-to-game-over-mid-play and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.