Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by PinKopf
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Jurassic park pro vs Transformers le”

• Transformers le $1500 less 9 votes
      21%
    • JP pro 33 votes
      79%

(42 votes)

#1 3 months ago

Help
    New to the scene and looking to add a second pin.
    I'm down to 2.
    Jpp vs Transformers le
    The app is $1500 l cad more.
    Which would you choose?
    Both appeal to me although In my mind I'm thinking the le, for a few reasons. Less $$, le, looks entertaining for a long time.

#2 3 months ago

There's a reason Transformers costs less.
    It's not a terrible game. But it's certainly not a good game.

#3 3 months ago

Transformers is God awful, and the LE is worse than the pro. Shaker deck the worst toy in pinball history.

#4 3 months ago
    Quoted from Gunner007:

New to the scene and looking to add a second pin.

The best advice is the advice you will hear over and over again, which one do you like to play more? Pinball is a big hobby with a lot of different opinions.

So of course, I case my vote for Jurassic Park. BUT that is because I am not a fan of Transformers LE. For Transformers, I prefer the Pro, and I always have. I feel it shoots better and is just more fun than the LE.

Jurassic Park Pro is a cool game, but is really a players game in my opinion. Better players that love a challenge tend to like it a lot more than casual players. The reason is that it can be a little tough and unrewarding for someone that doesn't want to go deep on the game. That isn't a knock on it at all, I think it is a very fun game. But you need to be in the mood for that kind of game. The great part is that others may disagree with me and say it is a great casual game. I just think it is a bit more serious than other games.

BUT again, those are just my opinions. If it came down to adding one to my game room, it would JP Pro, because I have Transformer Pro already. But even if I didn't, I'd still lean towards Jurassic Park, because it is a better game.

So then we come down to the real question, which is which one you like better.

#5 3 months ago

I have owned both. I had heard transformers wasn’t great but I really liked the theme so I got it. Transformers got old really fast and I had no problem seeing it leave. It didn’t shoot well at all and just kinda felt poorly designed. The modes were and absolute grind too.

JP on the other hand is my favorite game. I have only had the premium but the pro is completely fine on it. I just never get tired of JP. I find it challenging but not frustrating, you always feel like you are making progress and you always have options for what you want to do next. If I could only have one pin, for me it’s easily JP

#6 3 months ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Transformers is God awful, and the LE is worse than the pro. Shaker deck the worst toy in pinball history.

Legit good fun on that "upper pf". Jp obviously is going to appeal to the more serious pinhead, but if you do not have those reservations about transformers I do think it has good value right now.

#7 3 months ago
    Quoted from Whistles:

Legit good fun on that "upper pf".

I guess getting a beer or checking texts is pretty fun during timing it out.

#8 3 months ago

Ok. Thanks for all the opinions. Seems like a concensus.

#9 3 months ago

I have a xformers LE I will be selling. Keeping pro for my route, le Is too nice to route

#10 3 months ago

This would probably be one of the most one-sided polls in Pinside history. Would anyone recommend TF?

I do like TF and would like to own one eventually myself though. I disagree that it doesn't shoot well - maybe a little on the clunky side with the jump ramp and wild returns over the plastics. I like the layout overall. I like the ramp shot into the Optimus bash toy. The code has some interesting elements (the slightly different rules with the two Autobot/Decepticon tiers for example, and I love this style shot multiplier system it uses) but code is ultimately still what lets the machine down in the end. The modes aren't fun and are a pain to finish, never-ending woodchop city.

JP is just a significantly better game. One of the best.

#11 3 months ago

JP by a landslide

#12 3 months ago

well sometimes those who wait miss out and I did. The search continued and looks like I'm just going to add another older williams for now. Thanks for the advice.

#13 3 months ago
    Quoted from PinKopf:

...and I love this style shot multiplier system it uses) m.....

Isn't it just trapping and backhanding left
    ramp to complete inlanes and light a X shot? Rinse & repeat as I remember.

#14 3 months ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Isn't it just trapping and backhanding left
    ramp to complete inlanes and light a X shot? Rinse & repeat as I remember.

For I think the Decepticon team/branch that works - you light the multiplier by completing the upper lanes near the pops and/or inlanes with the team logo to match your team choice IIRC. Autobots or vice versa the left inlane would only lincrease bonus x I think, the right inlane is lit for their logo.

What I mainly like about the system is just the fact you light the multiplier and then shoot a shot to double it for the rest of the ball. Get all shots lit for double and a roving tripler moves across all the shots. It's fun to time jackpots or super jackpots for triple. To me it makes something mundane like lane completion worth bothering with, plus gives some strategy options on which shots you multiply, and when, plus skill required to hit the right shot first or risk "wasting" the multiplier.

Not complicated and used in other games I'm sure (Avatar is nearly identical, maybe Rush one of the only newer examples? ), but most multiplier systems of late seem to be timed playfield multipliers instead of shot multipliers and somehow seen to take skillful shooting out of the picture somewhat.

Anyway, maybe that's just me.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-pro-vs-transformers-le and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.