(Topic ID: 345568)

Labyrinth owners club - Give me the Child!

By u2sean

6 months ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,395 posts
  • 209 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 46 minutes ago by epthegeek
  • Topic is favorited by 127 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5774 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
436108333_122170851272069794_3584905597422414152_n (resized).jpg
IMG_4233 (resized).jpg
IMG_4232 (resized).jpg
IMG_3632 (resized).jpg
IMG_3628 (resized).jpg
IMG_1994 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1993 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7485 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7484 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7479 (resized).jpeg
There are 2,395 posts in this topic. You are on page 46 of 48.
#2251 17 days ago

I had the same problem with my plunger. There is a c-clamp on it, if it's turned just right, it works perfect, so it passed testing. If you can use a screw driver, you can fix it. Take off the glass, lift the playfield, you will see 4 screws on the inside of the plunger housing. Loosen them, let it drop as far as it can, probably about 1/8th of an inch, rescrew, and your c-clamp now won't hit the autoplunger metal. Then drop your tilt bob inside the cabinet to the left, it's an adjustable screw, I'd drop it as low as it can go. Then you are ready to rock.

#2252 17 days ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

I had the same problem with my plunger. There is a c-clamp on it, if it's turned just right, it works perfect, so it passed testing. If you can use a screw driver, you can fix it. Take off the glass, lift the playfield, you will see 4 screws on the inside of the plunger housing. Loosen them, let it drop as far as it can, probably about 1/8th of an inch, rescrew, and your c-clamp now won't hit the autoplunger metal. Then drop your tilt bob inside the cabinet to the left, it's an adjustable screw, I'd drop it as low as it can go. Then you are ready to rock.

What he said

#2253 17 days ago

I had a few friends over this weekend, game held up like a rock. Solid and fun! I feel like I need to do a few tweaks, I'm getting alot of SDTM ball from the ramps and U-turn, easy way to make this happen less? I upped the power to all my flippers, I was having some issues making the ramps, especially with the top right one. Interested to know other people's tweaks. Anyone wish the video sequence with the "Who do? Voodoo?" segment with Bowie and goblins were louder? It seems to drop in sounds a little there and that's such a fun back and forth with Bowie. This game is fucking awesome.

#2254 17 days ago

My game had same issue with shooter, change the spring ( the long spring) should resolve ball not making it to playfield.

#2255 17 days ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

I've owned pins for 25 years and this was my first new in box purchase! I live on a busy city street with a smaller driveway, I knew the truck couldn't come down it. The FedEx guy was great, loaded it on a pallet jack and he and I pushed it up my driveway to my side door. Damn was this game packed well. I've opened alot of new games at the Northwest Pinball & Arcade Show helping out Marco and the other dealers when they ship new games for the floor, so I knew what to expect for set up. Definitely a few things needed adjustment after rattling around on trucks for a few days from Texas to Seattle.
-The top right flipper was binding a little, I loosened the screws and adjusted it so it moved smoothly.
-The shooter rod's retaining washer was slightly hitting the auto plunge housing and only sometimes, causing the ball not to want to shoot. I undid the 4 screws inside and the housing dropped enough for the rod to clear. Easy fix!
-And then balls kept getting stuck at the top left magnet. It turns out that's where the screw inside the cabinet I found came out! I put it in and tightened the other screws and solved that problem. That magnet is really heavy, it wouldn't surprise me if those screws loosen or come out on other people's games in transport as well.
The topper was an easy install, great directions and photos. It took about an hour to get everything dialed in to my liking and get the game rocking. I'm still playing around with the settings, I got the goblins talking as much shit as possible, I love it when games do that. Really solid feeling game, it's got a bit of a 90s Williams glory years feel crossed with modern Stern and JJP games. Some clever mechs, magnets and ball direction changes that I'm still trying to figure out. Boy do I suck at this game, it will take me a long while to get some of the shots down. The art, music, movie, voice samples all integrate really well. Top notch there. So far so good, I'm a fan, Relic 171 is ready for action!
My friend told me it's the most Gen X pinball game yet and she might be right... at least until someone makes a John Hughes movie themed game.
[quoted image]

Looks amazing! Congrats again.

#2256 17 days ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Anyone wish the video sequence with the "Who do? Voodoo?" segment with Bowie and goblins were louder? It seems to drop in sounds a little there and that's such a fun back and forth with Bowie.

100% with you on this.

#2257 16 days ago

Has anyone else noticed how cool this goblin king tower sculpt is when the machine is turned off and the lights are on? I feel when playing the game the sculpt dissapears and you don't notice it. I'm sure the ivisiglass would help, but still needs some lights on it to counter the backdrop screen.

20240430_093212 (resized).jpg20240430_093212 (resized).jpg20240430_093258 (resized).jpg20240430_093258 (resized).jpg20240430_093849 (resized).jpg20240430_093849 (resized).jpg
#2258 15 days ago

Yup, going to stadium light the game soon.

#2259 15 days ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

this would work !

Floodlights.jpgFloodlights.jpg
#2260 15 days ago

yesssss kill the viiiibe dead! killlll ittttt

#2261 15 days ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Say what you will, every one of my guests complains that you can't see the artwork.

#2262 15 days ago

Say what you will, every one of my guests complains that you can't see the artwork.

cant see the boards but they are there !

#2263 15 days ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

cant see the boards but they are there !

Makes...no sense

#2264 15 days ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

I had a few friends over this weekend, game held up like a rock. Solid and fun! I feel like I need to do a few tweaks, I'm getting alot of SDTM ball from the ramps and U-turn, easy way to make this happen less? I upped the power to all my flippers, I was having some issues making the ramps, especially with the top right one. Interested to know other people's tweaks. Anyone wish the video sequence with the "Who do? Voodoo?" segment with Bowie and goblins were louder? It seems to drop in sounds a little there and that's such a fun back and forth with Bowie. This game is fucking awesome.

I only wish they used more of the song before looping it.
My SDTM issue is the ramp kickout. I've turned on ball save for it but would like to adjust it somehow.

#2265 15 days ago
Quoted from Alamo_Boy:

Has anyone else noticed how cool this goblin king tower sculpt is when the machine is turned off and the lights are on? I feel when playing the game the sculpt dissapears and you don't notice it. I'm sure the ivisiglass would help, but still needs some lights on it to counter the backdrop screen.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

I think they do kill the vibe. I put pinstadiums on my IMDN, which i've also put art blades, and like $1000 of nicely painted sculpts into, and the vibe is bad. Even with them turned down considerably. I won't buy them again.

But, you can have "the vibe", and still see the artwork, and light up things like this castle with well placed spotlights. Normal spotlights are a bit large and ugly, but I designed some tiny spotlights that i've been slowly converting my games to. It's a bit tedious... but if you love "vibes" and also think your game is too dark... what you gonna do? For only $11k you can't expect these guys to be going willy nilly with light bulbs..

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-modern-minimal-spotlight-fixture-
These two spotlights are using the same bulb (just the lense removed from the little one)
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

This is gonna be the first thing I do to my Labyrinth. At first glance maybe 6. 3 to light up the playfield, then one on wiseman/ludo, one on castle, and one on doors. The sculpts deserve better than this lighting.

More lighting will help the glare. Anti-glare glass helps. but also hope there are separate brightness settings for the backglass, screen, and speaker lights.

For the castle specifically there may be a place to attach a 3' short led strip (comet sells them with adhesive and a matrix connector) somewhere down in there hidden. I did that on my MM (led strip in the trough). best lit castle in pinball?? vibeiest? Until I get my Lab done at least. (note: can't see any dmd or translite glare...yet glass is basic)

#2266 15 days ago

I’ve not heard this once, 2000 plays on location without a single mention of the game being dark. Also…I just hate pinstadium as a product. It’s basically overpriced led strips and it just sucks the vibe out games. Shadows and dark spots exists naturally everywhere you look IRL. Want to maintain a “world under glass? Well…the real world isn’t lit like that. But that’s just like…my opinion naturally

#2267 15 days ago

I feel like there is a balance. I do think it is a bit dark without significant overhead lighting, but I also agree I don't want stadium lighting directly on the play field. I've not gone down the road of spotlights yet as a relatively new hobbiest, but I'm considering it.

#2268 15 days ago

I run staggered overhead recessed lights on about 20% dim and I get no glare but enough ambient light on all my pins it fills all shadows.

#2269 14 days ago

I play with my room dark with the only lighting coming from the pins and this game is dark. I've put HD glass and Bent Plastic on it and the glare is gone, but you still can't see the artwork. I say "stadium lights" instead of Pinstadiums because there are Pinlights as a competitor now.

#2270 13 days ago

I like the darkness of the game just would like to highlight a few art features, particularly at the king tower. Looks like there is an opening like a door, maybe this lights up from inside when in goblin king battle mode??? I have no idea, but I think some soft lighting mods here are there would be a nice touch. I'll take a closer look next time I get the playfield out.

#2271 13 days ago

Quick question to those who have taken delivery about the physical size. The specs at Barrels site says "Boxed: 32″x32″x62″ On legs: 28.75″ wide, Height 76.25″ (topper 91″) 55″ deep." How wide is the backbox, 28.75" or is that the playfield? The door leading to my basement is 31" with the door removed. I can't fit the box through that door. Just trying to see how difficult this is going to be to get it down in the basement and if I'm going to need to remove the backbox to get it down there.

#2272 13 days ago
Quoted from maastersplinter:

How wide is the backbox, 28.75"

Backbox is 28.75 inches. Body is standard width. 22 1/4 inches across the lockdown bar.

LTG : )

#2273 13 days ago
Quoted from LTG:

Backbox is 28.75 inches. Body is standard width. 22 1/4 inches across the lockdown bar.
LTG : )

Perfect! Thanks for the quick response! Glad I won't have to take it a part.

#2274 13 days ago

Project pinball charity just dropped the labyrinth raffle!

You better hurry if you want a ticket!

#2275 13 days ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Link?

#2276 12 days ago
Quoted from Daditude:

that sold out quick. I got up this afternoon and they were sold out in 2 hours.

#2277 12 days ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

that sold out quick. I got up this afternoon and they were sold out in 2 hours.

Yeah. I was going to buy one and donate the machine to a fellow pinsider had I won, but I waited too long. Oh well. Someone will get a fun and beautiful game and money goes to charity. Its a win for everyone.

#2278 12 days ago

The wait is over! Relic 184 setup and delivering magic in the lineup!

Rockin stock everything so far and it plays amazing. I absolutely love the feel of the flippers. The best way I can describe them is some where between classic Bally/Williams and Stern, but closer to the Bally/Williams. Build quality is superb, rock solid and that cold touch of the powder coat elevates the experience. Day 2 consumer here for anyone wondering on timing.

Last thing I would leave here today is, my wife is loosely into pinball. When I showed her the sizzle trailer at launch her words were "I want this one!". Today she played the second game on the machine and she was nothing but smiles the whole way. She did the skill shot into Ello and when he popped up she grinned and just thought those finer touches were just cute and well thought out. Big props to the BoF team on theme choice and integration. My wife really isn't into my Godzilla, Deadpool or 007 thematically but all smiles now with Labyrinth. She was signing along when Magic Dance first played for her. Gooooooooood stuff guys.

A few pics, since it wouldn't be a setup day without them.
IMG_1175-2 (resized).jpgIMG_1175-2 (resized).jpgIMG_1177 (resized).jpgIMG_1177 (resized).jpgIMG_1178 (resized).jpgIMG_1178 (resized).jpgIMG_1180 (resized).jpgIMG_1180 (resized).jpgIMG_6195 (resized).jpgIMG_6195 (resized).jpg

#2279 12 days ago

Congrats on finding your wife's pin! Happy wife...

#2280 12 days ago
Quoted from Crispin:

Congrats on finding your wife's pin! Happy wife...

Thanks, it's nice that she likes it but low key I grew up watching this movie nonstop so this is nostalgia world under glass for me. I've seen the movie probably 75 times and it's had its influence on my tastes. Hunkered down on future purchases, unless someone announces The Goonies then I'm dropping a deposit day one.

Not sure if any manufacturer has the license yet but I'm winking at you BoF team. Until then I have 13 hours to solve the Labyrinth.

#2281 12 days ago
Quoted from superNoid:

The wait is over! Relic 184 setup and delivering magic in the lineup!
Rockin stock everything so far and it plays amazing. I absolutely love the feel of the flippers. The best way I can describe them is some where between classic Bally/Williams and Stern, but closer to the Bally/Williams. Build quality is superb, rock solid and that cold touch of the powder coat elevates the experience. Day 2 consumer here for anyone wondering on timing.
Last thing I would leave here today is, my wife is loosely into pinball. When I showed her the sizzle trailer at launch her words were "I want this one!". Today she played the second game on the machine and she was nothing but smiles the whole way. She did the skill shot into Ello and when he popped up she grinned and just thought those finer touches were just cute and well thought out. Big props to the BoF team on theme choice and integration. My wife really isn't into my Godzilla, Deadpool or 007 thematically but all smiles now with Labyrinth. She was signing along when Magic Dance first played for her. Gooooooooood stuff guys.
A few pics, since it wouldn't be a setup day without them.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Congrats on your pin and your good wife!

Looks like the topper will be a tight squeeze

#2282 12 days ago

Congrats. It’s nice to see people get this game. It’s such an amazing piece of art. If you don’t mjnd
Me asking, were you a direct order or through a distributor?

#2283 12 days ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Congrats on your pin and your good wife!
Looks like the topper will be a tight squeeze

I can cut a hole in my ceiling like that other guy did!

Quoted from Its_me_aj:

Congrats. It’s nice to see people get this game. It’s such an amazing piece of art. If you don’t mjnd
Me asking, were you a direct order or through a distributor?

Disti, through Zach @ Flip N Out on 10/14 (day 2).

#2284 12 days ago

My location game keeps getting stucky balls here. Ello does not clear it on ball search. BoF can we get an updated plastic that either prevents this or lets Ello free it during ball search?

PXL_20240503_191716923.jpgPXL_20240503_191716923.jpg
#2285 12 days ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

that either prevents this

This could help
images.jpegimages.jpeg

Or a couple of washers under the plastic to keep it from being level

#2286 12 days ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

My location game keeps getting stucky balls here. Ello does not clear it on ball search. BoF can we get an updated plastic that either prevents this or lets Ello free it during ball search?[quoted image]

We have an updated plastic for that spot - please reach out to [email protected] and they'll get one to you!

#2287 12 days ago
Quoted from Travahontas:

We have an updated plastic for that spot - please reach out to [email protected] and they'll get one to you!

You guys are awesome!! When are you making the Australian pins. I thought it was now.

#2288 12 days ago

Thank you man!! I did this and changed the spring as well and now the game is working great!

Quoted from nwpinball:

#2289 12 days ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

You guys are awesome!! When are you making the Australian pins. I thought it was now.

According to this post:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mystery-pinball-company-labyrinth-pinball/page/65#post-8033099

Mr Pinballs first order is invoice 730(ish).

According to the only info Barrels of Fun is willing to give us (since they refuse to tell us out actual place in line i.e. machine #), invoice 719 should be end of May. 702 was end of Feb, 716 end of April

So based on that you have to assume it could be a few months before 730 leaves Texas and any more specific date at this point is speculation!

#2290 11 days ago
Quoted from Travahontas:

I was going to say mine never has had a stuck ball there and then I looked at the plastic and it's different, I have the updated version and it goes down a little longer on the right side.

#2291 11 days ago

I was in the Baltimore area this weekend and decided to take a drive to Ocelot Brewing Comapny and see Labyrinth for the first time. Spending the day with it and it’s amazing. My wife and I took the plunge and ordered through FlipNOut Oct 28th. So glad we did.

My first few games were quick. But soon started to get things moving. Only scoring in the 5-7 mil so far this afternoon. But having a blast finding the shots and getting the feel for the modes after watching and keeping up with all the content online.

If you’re in the DC/Dullas area. Come check this place out. It’s fantastic. Played other new titles that haven’t had the chance to yet in the Cleveland area. Pulp Fiction, Looney Tubes, Elton John. All were fun. But I’m focused on Labyrinth as it has me hooked. But I’m clearly bias since I have one in order.

IMG_7473 (resized).jpegIMG_7473 (resized).jpegIMG_7474 (resized).jpegIMG_7474 (resized).jpegIMG_7475 (resized).jpegIMG_7475 (resized).jpegIMG_7478 (resized).jpegIMG_7478 (resized).jpegIMG_7479 (resized).jpegIMG_7479 (resized).jpegIMG_7482 (resized).jpegIMG_7482 (resized).jpegIMG_7484 (resized).jpegIMG_7484 (resized).jpegIMG_7485 (resized).jpegIMG_7485 (resized).jpegIMG_7487 (resized).jpegIMG_7487 (resized).jpegIMG_7489 (resized).jpegIMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
#2292 11 days ago
Quoted from Swank899:

If you’re in the DC/Dullas area. Come check this place out. It’s fantastic.

Thx for stopping by and glad you enjoyed Labyrinth!

#2293 11 days ago
Quoted from superNoid:

I can cut a hole in my ceiling like that other guy did!

Disti, through Zach @ Flip N Out on 10/14 (day 2).

Still no regrets! Looks like his horns tore through the ceiling.

#2294 10 days ago
Quoted from Slaitster:

Still no regrets! Looks like his horns tore through the ceiling.

I love it by the way. I would absolutely buy the Labyrinth topper if I could justify a spot for it. For me my pinball experience is simple.. no toppers because I can't fit anything. Saves me more money for more pins haha

#2295 10 days ago
Quoted from superNoid:

I love it by the way. I would absolutely buy the Labyrinth topper if I could justify a spot for it. For me my pinball experience is simple.. no toppers because I can't fit anything. Saves me more money for more pins haha

I would call myself a "topper" guy, but the Labyrinth topper is one of the best ever. I don't think I would get the pin without it.

#2296 10 days ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

I’ve not heard this once, 2000 plays on location without a single mention of the game being dark. Also…I just hate pinstadium as a product. It’s basically overpriced led strips and it just sucks the vibe out games. Shadows and dark spots exists naturally everywhere you look IRL. Want to maintain a “world under glass? Well…the real world isn’t lit like that. But that’s just like…my opinion naturally

Completely agree. Lighting is part of the mood, and your eyes should be drawn to the action by it.

#2297 10 days ago
Quoted from Maverick222:

Thank you man!! I did this and changed the spring as well and now the game is working great!

What shooter rod spring color did you guys replace it with?

#2298 10 days ago
Quoted from MalikyeMoon:

What shooter rod spring color did you guys replace it with?

For me it was purple using the Nipper shooter rod. I tried red first, but it was way to strong.

#2299 10 days ago

Had expected delivery this week, but they cannot deliver until Monday. Guess I can wait one more week… but it’s killing me knowing it’s so close!

#2300 9 days ago
Quoted from MamaLovesPinball:

Had expected delivery this week, but they cannot deliver until Monday. Guess I can wait one more week… but it’s killing me knowing it’s so close!

It'll be worth the wait

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Machine - For Sale
Royersford, PA
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

11,900 (Firm)
999 (Firm)
Machine - Pre-order Spot
Chester, NJ
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

There are 2,395 posts in this topic. You are on page 46 of 48.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/labyrinth-owners-club-give-me-the-child/page/46 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.