IMG_0419 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4756 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8632 (resized).jpeg
Puff Puff-Pass.gif
200w (1).gif
407E091B-6420-49A7-85AF-84C3ED38F1D9 (resized).jpeg
F60A54F0-6924-4279-AD16-91207DEE1B26 (resized).jpeg
879242E9-EF0D-454A-B865-F9100362061B (resized).jpeg
There are 2,109 posts in this topic. You are on page 42 of 43.
#2051 23 days ago
Quoted from rotordave:

So I presume that’ll be a thing - if it isn’t already in there

You could definitely make adjustments and should be able to alter or tone down the sound effects if it does become repetitive. For me it just was like a light went off in my head. I was already on the fence with whether I was interested in LT or TCM and I just feel like I will be able to relate more with the TCM instead of LT now. Looney Tunes is still really fun to shoot but having a choice between the two themes has me going back towards the horror side of things and now watching TCM closely.

#2052 23 days ago

Did not seem to have any issues with airballs which is a good thing. I know they have experimented with angles but I do feel this game may play well towards higher end of spectrum. Hilton was saying 6.8 for his and I tend to agree that a 7.0 with increased flipper power or bigger coils could be a possibility. Everyone has different opinions on how they like their machine to play and I recommend setting it up the way you like it.

Looking forward to getting more time on LT in a home environment with a dialed in one. One of our pinball club members is getting a low number build and looking forward to getting deeper into it to really check it out. I did not really appreciate Scooby until I opened it up in a home environment-way different than location experience.

#2053 23 days ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Did not seem to have any issues with airballs which is a good thing. I know they have experimented with angles but I do feel this game may play well towards higher end of spectrum. Hilton was saying 6.8 for his and I tend to agree that a 7.0 with increased flipper power or bigger coils could be a possibility. Everyone has different opinions on how they like their machine to play and I recommend setting it up the way you like it.
Looking forward to getting more time on LT in a home environment with a dialed in one. One of our pinball club members is getting a low number build and looking forward to getting deeper into it to really check it out. I did not really appreciate Scooby until I opened it up in a home environment-way different than location experience.

Ramps are def smoother and airballs fewer at a shallow angle. It's way more fun steep and fast imo though. I'm tweaking various things to try and get it playing smooth at 7+. Putting some washers under the ramp screws to smooth those angles a little def helps with the back ramps, but I'm still tinkering.

#2054 23 days ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

How is it Frank? game looks fun as hell. hoping someone near me gets one soon.

ExSquid
Played LT at TPF and the game play was not as cooked as I like games to be. So I held back on a premature review so it did not come off as a toxic post for the future owners.
That being said the overall aesthetics of the game in total is good.
Being a Looney Tunes fan for a long time and a huge fan of Yosemite Sam, Foghorn Leghorn, Speedy Gonzales, Pepé Le Pew and Elmer J. Fudd. Tasmanian Devil Was one of my least favorite characters in Looney Tunes and he seems to be the main character in the pinball machine as far as his graphics being front and centered on the playfield and spinning toy. (Go figure).

Pintastic was my second time playing it, and with so many new games at the show that seem to have the overall cohesiveness I look for I realized LT once again was not connecting to my wallet.

We will see how this title is when cooked and the majority of the bugs and build issues iron out.

#2055 22 days ago

We need a modder to make tunnels for the ramps

IMG_0419 (resized).jpegIMG_0419 (resized).jpeg
#2056 22 days ago

tunnels, yes.........but shouldn't they look like the ones that Wiley Cyote paints

#2057 22 days ago

This guy is all in!

IMG_8668 (resized).jpegIMG_8668 (resized).jpeg
#2058 21 days ago

For future reference... DJ shared some of the connector info for the Warden and Coil wiring. For anyone needing to redo wiring in the future..

The coil connector on the warden are Molex Mini-Fit Jr Versa 46992 series - https://www.digikey.com/en/product-highlight/m/molex/mini-fit-versa-color-connectors - Example - https://www.molex.com/en-us/products/part-detail/469921020?display=pdf
While the white/natural ones are Molex Mini-Fit 5557

The crimp connectors are from the Molex Mini-Fit Jr 5556 line... 18-24awg gold crimps like - https://www.digikey.com/en/products/detail/molex/0039000181/467821

And the pin extractor is Molex PN 0011030044 - like https://www.digikey.com/en/products/detail/molex/0011030044/210947

#2059 20 days ago

Machine - Pre-order Spot
Pre-order spot for a game (Personal only) - “I'm selling my $500 deposit/pre-order spot for $250. This is through Mike at Great American Pinball who is confident this game wil be ready in June. Chance to save $250 of the pr...”
20 days ago
Vienna, VA

#2060 20 days ago

You sure it’s a CE spot there is a $2000 deposit on those not $500.

#2061 20 days ago
Quoted from beltking:

Halarious.

#2062 20 days ago
Quoted from beltking:

It is deposit with a distributor. The distro may not require such a large deposit if selling from there allocation of games. Non refundable deposits are ridiculous anyway at any price.

IMG_8705 (resized).jpegIMG_8705 (resized).jpeg
#2063 20 days ago

Odd that GAP’s website shows $2,000 for the deposit, not $500. Maybe this seller has a special relationship given the volume of games he sells (silver status on pinside).

#2064 20 days ago

Estate sale find today!

446B0D28-AB0F-4A74-9534-F65637639946 (resized).jpeg446B0D28-AB0F-4A74-9534-F65637639946 (resized).jpegBFE50821-DA6F-4549-AC91-6AED34425C22 (resized).jpegBFE50821-DA6F-4549-AC91-6AED34425C22 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#2065 7 days ago

Didn’t want to sully the owner's thread, as I'm not an owner:

I thought I was interested in a LT, but "Get the wabbit" really threw me. Dunno if I can get past it. Feels like sacrilege.

#2066 7 days ago

Wait, they changed "kill da wabbit!!" to "get da wabbit!!" ..??

#2068 7 days ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

I thought I was interested in a LT, but "Get the wabbit" really threw me. Dunno if I can get past it. Feels like sacrilege.

This is hilarious.

#2069 7 days ago

"Oh, the humanity".

#2071 7 days ago

I think perhaps today is a good day to mention that all licensors all have rules. Sometimes those rules are discussed up front. Sometimes the rules change midway though development. Not to get too specific, sometimes you submit a the script and they tell you to change a word. Sometime you have the voice talent record it the way you originally wrote in the scrip anyway; just in case something changes in the future. Pinball is hard.

#2072 7 days ago

When my game ships in a week or 2 if you could go ahead and include a flash drive with the alternate audio on it, just in case something changes and I can use it later, that'd be amazeballs.

Quoted from lpeters82:I think perhaps today is a good day to mention that all licensors all have rules. Sometimes those rules are discussed up front. Sometimes the rules change midway though development. Sometimes you submit a the script and they tell you to change a word. Not to get too specific, but sometime you have the voice talent record it the original way as well...just in case something changes in the future. Pinball is hard.

#2073 7 days ago

I love how Spooky is on this thread giving relevant and what info they can including licensing.

Looking forward to getting LT very much.

#2074 7 days ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

I think perhaps today is a good day to mention that all licensors all have rules. Sometimes those rules are discussed up front. Sometimes the rules change midway though development. Not to get too specific, sometimes you submit a the script and they tell you to change a word. Sometime you have the voice talent record it the way you originally wrote in the scrip anyway; just in case something changes in the future. Pinball is hard.

Sounds like some Easter eggs might be on the horizon!! Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start. You know what I’m talking about…

#2075 7 days ago

Also, Spooky personnel, these peeps who are saying they won’t buy a game because a word was changed had no intention of ever buying the game in the first place. You guys are doing the best you can here. And for crying out loud, the “wabbit” is dead and being carried by Elmer in the clip. I think “kill” is implied here.

#2076 7 days ago
Quoted from PinSpinner:

these peeps who are saying they won’t buy a game because a word was changed had no intention of ever buying the game in the first place.

Incorrect. I indeed have intention of buying the game if I like it! And where did I say I wouldn’t buy the game just because of that? I still might. It's just mortifyingly lame that they changed it. What other sanitizing do I need to gird myself for? I'm afraid to find out! My beef is with WB, not Spooky. "Kill the wabbit" is iconic, it's not something that should be subject to political correctness. Cartoon violence makes fun of actual violence, it doesn’t condone or exacerbate it.

#2077 6 days ago

I know Spooky wasn't behind the change. I'm just surprised WB is trying to walk back one of their most famous cartoon lines ever. This 'gotta be PC' shit is getting really fucking old. Are they gonna replace the shotgun with a cap pistol next?

So glad I got the laserdiscs of Tom n Jerry / Tex Avery before those toons got butchered.

#2078 6 days ago

You've got to be kidding me. WB decided to kill the killing of the wabbit? What a crock of shit.

#2079 6 days ago

It's just mortifyingly lame that they changed it. What other sanitizing do I need to gird myself for? I'm afraid to find out! My beef is with WB, not Spooky. "Kill the wabbit" is iconic, it's not something that should be subject to political correctness. Cartoon violence makes fun of actual violence, it doesn’t condone or exacerbate it.

You have lost grip on reality if this is something that actually causes you more than a passing thought. Wake up dude.

#2080 6 days ago

Incorrect. I indeed have intention of buying the game if I like it! And where did I say I wouldn’t buy the game just because of that? I still might. It's just mortifyingly lame that they changed it. What other sanitizing do I need to gird myself for? I'm afraid to find out! My beef is with WB, not Spooky. "Kill the wabbit" is iconic, it's not something that should be subject to political correctness. Cartoon violence makes fun of actual violence, it doesn’t condone or exacerbate it.

“I indeed have intention of buying it, if I like it” means you haven’t bought it which means I am still correct in my statement. I will retract it once you put down your deposit. Also, “Don’t know if I can get past it” and “I thought I was interested” are pretty obvious indicators that you aren’t going to buy this game. Your words, not mine. It has been my life long observation that people who disrespect something they do not own do so because they cannot own it (for a variety of reasons) but wish they could.

Second, kill the wabbit is iconic? Dude, it is not even popular. I don’t hear “kill the wabbit” on a daily, weekly or even monthly basis. Heck, I don’t think I’ve heard that phrase used by anyone in decades. Besides, who cares. I bet you enjoy many tv shows or movies that have been “sanitized” without your even knowing it. You probably shop at many stores that have changed a lot in the name of political correctness without realizing it. One guy changes one word in one clip of a 100 year old cartoon and suddenly it is “mortifying”. I am sure that there are real “mortifying” issues out there that deserve your attention (and because pinside will delete my post if I give an example, I won’t). As someone once said to me, don’t be that guy.

#2081 6 days ago
Quoted from PinSpinner:

kill the wabbit is iconic?

Yes. It’s the key line in that short and classic/iconic for any long time LT fan. Ask any of those folks what they think of when you mention “What’s Opera Doc?” and that’s at the top of the list.

I’m getting the game but that will annoy me whenever I play that mode. And that’s 100% on Warner Brothers.

#2082 6 days ago
Quoted from PinSpinner:

“I indeed have intention of buying it, if I like it” means you haven’t bought it which means I am still correct in my statement. I will retract it once you put down your deposit. Also, “Don’t know if I can get past it” and “I thought I was interested” are pretty obvious indicators that you aren’t going to buy this game. Your words, not mine. It has been my life long observation that people who disrespect something they do not own do so because they cannot own it (for a variety of reasons) but wish they could.
Second, kill the wabbit is iconic? Dude, it is not even popular. I don’t hear “kill the wabbit” on a daily, weekly or even monthly basis. Heck, I don’t think I’ve heard that phrase used by anyone in decades. Besides, who cares. I bet you enjoy many tv shows or movies that have been “sanitized” without your even knowing it. You probably shop at many stores that have changed a lot in the name of political correctness without realizing it. One guy changes one word in one clip of a 100 year old cartoon and suddenly it is “mortifying”. I am sure that there are real “mortifying” issues out there that deserve your attention (and because pinside will delete my post if I give an example, I won’t). As someone once said to me, don’t be that guy.

I really don't give a rabbit's ass if you believe me or not, and I'm certainly not going to be bullied into buying one! If anything, you have soured me on buying one despite WB's egregious sanitizing (and I doubt it will be the only example), as I wouldn't want to be reminded of your asinine opinion every time I played. Nice job!

#2083 6 days ago

Since this is a hype thread, I feel the need to hype the game a bit.

Dropping my quarters in this game gave me the same sense of excitement and fun that doing so in white water and Gilligan's Island did 30 years ago. Between the theme and the fun of exploring the shots, I really got to recapture the fun of pinball again, and I'm super excited to bring this game home. I'm very happy to be adding my second game and really happy it's this one. Yay looney tunes.

#2084 6 days ago

I really don't give a rabbit's ass if you believe me or not, and I'm certainly not going to be bullied into buying one! If anything, you have soured me on buying one despite WB's egregious sanitizing (and I doubt it will be the only example), as I wouldn't want to be reminded of your asinine opinion every time I played. Nice job!

Aahahah you fool nobody, this is a forum thread not an airport you don't need to announce your departure.

#2085 6 days ago
Quoted from Farts_McGee:

Since this is a hype thread, I feel the need to hype the game a bit.
Dropping my quarters in this game gave me the same sense of excitement and fun that doing so in white water and Gilligan's Island did 30 years ago.

Gilligan’s Island? Really? I’ve been on Pinside a while and I think that’s the first shout out to that game I’ve seen …

#2086 6 days ago
Quoted from jfh:

Yes. It’s the key line in that short and classic/iconic for any long time LT fan. Ask any of those folks what they think of when you mention “What’s Opera Doc?” and that’s at the top of the list.
I’m getting the game but that will annoy me whenever I play that mode. And that’s 100% on Warner Brothers.

I understand. Iconic to the cartoon itself. I thought you guys meant in a pop culture sense. It is definitely not to the level of “Luke, I am your father,” or “Beam me up, Scotty,” (though neither of those phrases were actually ever really said) which is what I thought you were talking about. I can dig it.

I can also understand the fact that there is a noticeable change from the original cartoon. However, the Aussie accent in JP is the most atrocious accent since Dick Van Dyke in Mary Poppins (and ten times worse) but after a few months of play, it has really become background noise and hardly worth mentioning. To anyone who says that one word will keep them from buying a game or “ruin” their experience, that is an excuse given because the purchase will never happen. The vitriol proves my point.

#2087 6 days ago
Quoted from jfh:

Gilligan’s Island? Really? I’ve been on Pinside a while and I think that’s the first shout out to that game I’ve seen …

Hey, man, my first pinball memories are from the Data East Turtles and the OG Simpson’s. Memories are what they are. ‘Tis the innocence of childhood.

#2088 6 days ago

Bad cats for me. I actually found THE machine I grew up playing at a local pizza place 25 years later and bought it lol

#2089 6 days ago
Quoted from jrcmlc:

Bad cats for me. I actually found THE machine I grew up playing at a local pizza place 25 years later and bought it lol

Meow meow meow meow.

#2090 6 days ago
Quoted from jfh:Gilligan’s Island? Really? I’ve been on Pinside a while and I think that’s the first shout out to that game I’ve seen …

The 90's yo! Gilligan's Island was one of the first games I got really excited about playing. It was on a family vacation and instead of hanging out by the pool all I wanted to do was bed quarters to play pinball. From there I played tng, white water, black knight 2000, and addam's family. Prime time to grow up in the golden age of the dmd. As an adult I recognize it's a pretty simple game, but wow I loved it. Looney tunes really captured that magic from 30 years ago.

#2091 6 days ago
Quoted from jrcmlc:

Bad cats! Now there's a game I haven't thought of in many years lol.

#2092 5 days ago
Quoted from PinSpinner:It has been my life long observation that people who disrespect something they do not own do so because they cannot own it (for a variety of reasons) but wish they could.

On the flip side some will defend something that they own or might own (for a verity of reasons).
Just throwing it out to you so you don’t need as much time to observe the flip side.

#2093 5 days ago

Love all the cheerleaders clinching their pearls in a 'hype' thread

-Time to move onto the owners thread if you want to clinch your pearls

Clinching Pearls (resized).jpgClinching Pearls (resized).jpg
#2094 5 days ago
Quoted from frankmac:

On the flip side some will defend something that they own or might own (for a verity of reasons).
Just throwing it out to you so you don’t need as much time to observe the flip side.

Ahh, but we own it and so we have the right.

#2095 5 days ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Love all the cheerleaders clinching their pearls in a 'hype' thread
-Time to move onto the owners thread if you want to clinch your pearls
[quoted image]

Shouldn’t those pearls be on Gandalf the Grey?

Also, I think some misunderstand the definition of the word “hype”. When someone says something positive about something like this, it is hype. When some says something negative, it is precisely the opposite of hype. Start a “Looney Tunes Dis Thread” if you want to talk trash.

#2096 5 days ago
Quoted from PinSpinner:Ahh, but we own it and so we have the right.

IMG_8911 (resized).jpegIMG_8911 (resized).jpeg
#2097 5 days ago
Quoted from frankmac:

[quoted image]

To sorta quote Rudy, “Right back atcha, Biff”

#2098 5 days ago
Quoted from Jagrmaister:

You've got to be kidding me. WB decided to kill the killing of the wabbit? What a crock of shit.

They have been basically censoring and hiding this stuff for the past 20 years. Lot of eps don't get public play anymore at all, and the home video releases have warnings about the content. The characters typically have always had their guns removed or not on them in any new materials for a long time now. It's a bummer they did force the change to the classic song sadly.

#2099 4 days ago
Quoted from PinSpinner:

I think some misunderstand the definition of the word “hype”

No I think you mis-understood the word 'hype'

Do you really think hype threads are all for unicorns and rainbows with a touch of sunshine?

You jumping on anyone who makes a negative comment is comical

If you want to circle jerk about Looney Tunes and only want to see positive comments-I advise the sensitive folks to move to the owners thread so they do not get butt hurt.

Cheerleader fail gif.gifCheerleader fail gif.gif

Insert cheerleader fail gif here

#2100 4 days ago
Quoted from pinmister:

No I think you mis-understood the word 'hype'
Do you really think hype threads are all for unicorns and rainbows with a touch of sunshine?
You jumping on anyone who makes a negative comment is comical
If you want to circle jerk about Looney Tunes and only want to see positive comments-I advise the sensitive folks to move to the owners thread so they do not get butt hurt.
[quoted image]
Insert cheerleader fail gif here

A hype thread is indeed about positivity. It is meant to increase the community’s excitement about an upcoming game. Look up the word “hype” in a dictionary for crying out loud. Do you think the “hype man” at a rap concert comes out to dis the rapper on stage? No! He is there to get you pumped up for the main act and increase your enjoyment. What is comical is that people think that hype and negative personal opinions are the same thing.

Also, if that guy can tell me that my negative comment about his complaint took away his excitement of the game and “ruined it” for him, then I am perfectly justified and saying the same about his comment ruining a hype thread. Why am I getting shade from haters for doing exactly what that guy did, pointing out something I don’t like? If you want to get pleasure out of dissing Looney tunes, then you sensitive folks can move onto your own “I hate Looney Tunes” thread.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - Pre-order Spot
Vienna, VA
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Trade
8,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lisle, IL
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
There are 2,109 posts in this topic. You are on page 42 of 43.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/looney-tunes-hype-thread/page/42 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.