You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240424_124735 (resized).jpg
Pinside_forum_8088140_0 (resized).jpg
Ball_Stuck_Monopoly (resized).jpg
#1 56 days ago

Today I was playing Monopoly, and the ball keeps getting stuck behind the train ramp / sign. This seems so poorly designed. Anyone have a good solution? See picture. It seems like these wires should be routed differently, and that post should be shorter. Anyone have a working solution?

Ball_Stuck_Monopoly (resized).jpgBall_Stuck_Monopoly (resized).jpg
#2 56 days ago
Quoted from welchwarlock:

Today I was playing Monopoly, and the ball keeps getting stuck behind the train ramp / sign. This seems so poorly designed. Anyone have a good solution? See picture. It seems like these wires should be routed differently, and that post should be shorter. Anyone have a working solution?[quoted image]

Don't own the game so not sure it works but can't you put a large spacer (either translucent plastic or a metal one) on that threaded screw and above that nut? It should make it too cramped for a ball to enter that place, I think.

#3 56 days ago

I need to shorten the post perhaps. The post dangles from the acrylic and prevents the ball from hitting the bulbs, but it is also keeping the ball from rolling off the top of the pup bumber. The wires are also holding the ball in place.

#4 56 days ago

A spacer like this should be enough.

Pinside_forum_8088140_0 (resized).jpgPinside_forum_8088140_0 (resized).jpg

1 month later
#5 21 days ago

I redressed the wiring. There is a braided cable sleeve for the set of 4 wires that go to the light. I slid it up to where the wires go their own way. I replaced the 2"#6-32 screw with a 1.5" screw and cut the plastic sleeve to fit. I re-tied the cables. Hopefully this will work, and maybe be useful for someone else. If I get frisky someday, I will cut a hole under the ramp and run the wires that way, which would effectively remove them from sight. Cheers!

20240424_124735 (resized).jpg20240424_124735 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.95
$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, NY
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
Machine - For Sale
Pelzer, SC
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monopoly-ball-stuck and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.