Screen Shot 2024-05-05 at 7.44.03 AM (resized).jpg
20240504_140931 (resized).jpg
20240504_174535 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240504_182040_Gallery (resized).jpg
20240501_194134 (resized).jpg
IMG_5428 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5437 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5436 (resized).jpeg
There are 5,553 posts in this topic. You are on page 111 of 112.
#5501 18 days ago

Pretty sad looking Aerosmith machine in the wild. This is at a brewery in Westfield Indiana. Doesn’t appear to ever have been cleaned.

IMG_3457 (resized).jpegIMG_3457 (resized).jpeg
#5502 17 days ago
Quoted from RGarriott:

Pretty sad looking Aerosmith machine in the wild. This is at a brewery in Westfield Indiana. Doesn’t appear to ever have been cleaned.
[quoted image]

Band pictures on the playfield now look age accurate.

#5503 15 days ago
Quoted from Shredso:

Road Show at a resort in Punta Cana. No display, no upper flippers. Lower flippers worked surprisingly well. Not much else though.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That things disgusting, how’s the upkeep on the resort?

#5504 14 days ago
Quoted from JBtheAVguy:

That things disgusting, how’s the upkeep on the resort?

Other than the sports bar, the resort was immaculate.

#5505 14 days ago
Quoted from Shredso:

Road Show at a resort in Punta Cana. No display, no upper flippers. Lower flippers worked surprisingly well. Not much else though.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

So sad to see this Roadshow in such bad shape. I want to cry. I hugged my Roadshow tonight.

#5506 14 days ago

Not pinball but I think you will understand

IMG_2513 (resized).jpegIMG_2513 (resized).jpegIMG_2514 (resized).jpegIMG_2514 (resized).jpeg
#5507 14 days ago

I encountered a very sad Beatles and AC/DC in the game-area of the MBK shoppingmall in Bangkok, Thailand. The pictures speak for them selves I think....

IMG_6980 (resized).jpgIMG_6980 (resized).jpg

IMG_6981 (resized).jpgIMG_6981 (resized).jpg

IMG_6982 (resized).jpgIMG_6982 (resized).jpg

IMG_6985 (resized).jpgIMG_6985 (resized).jpg

IMG_6984 (resized).jpgIMG_6984 (resized).jpg

#5508 14 days ago
Quoted from MarAlb:

I encountered a very sad Beatles and AC/DC in the game-area of the MBK shoppingmall in Bangkok, Thailand. The pictures speak for them selves I think....
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Gross, did they just super glue pieces of rubber to the flippers on ACDC?

#5509 14 days ago

And nothing but plastic on metal on the Beatles

#5510 14 days ago

The one I just couldn’t save
I tried I promise

Roof Collapsed right over

Sorry Ben ….

IMG_5428 (resized).jpegIMG_5428 (resized).jpegIMG_5436 (resized).jpegIMG_5436 (resized).jpegIMG_5437 (resized).jpegIMG_5437 (resized).jpeg
#5511 14 days ago

Not a picture, but definitely a horror, especially when you are leaning over the playfield and a bulb explodes and sends glass shards flying in your face and all over your freshly-waxed playfield. The backstory is I just stripped the playfield and replaced a bunch of targets and wanted to make sure they were working so I wanted to start a game and tap them. I put a ball in the trough to start a game, and let it sit in the shooter lane while I tested the targets and recorded a video. Didn't realize there was a timer to auto-plunge the ball after a certain amount of time!

I definitely learned to use the Switch Test for testing next time!

#5512 14 days ago

Just picked up a sweeeet deal on a Taget Alpha...then I found this underneath.

20240501_194134 (resized).jpg20240501_194134 (resized).jpg
#5513 13 days ago
Quoted from pevo:

[quoted image]

At first I thought it was someone getting their cut of money....

#5514 13 days ago
Quoted from Coyote:

That knocker goes off though, and it's going to get embedded into the ceiling.

Had an old foreign game made of partial board that sat below a leaky pipe. When I was going through it and getting it partially working the knocked went off and shot right through the flakey, rotten head. It was wild!
I was able to think fast and catch it. Extremely amusing.

My Shaq had the bell-end of the VUK plunger break off, and when testing that, I forgot and the plunger shot out about a foot and a half. Almost took a plunger to the skull!

Quoted from packie1:

So sad. Used to be a Gottlieb Dancing dolls. Warehouse find today.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Lord have mercy…

#5515 13 days ago
Quoted from pevo:

at least if you lose your key you have easy access!

#5516 13 days ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

at least if you lose your key you have easy access!

Funny thing both coin door and backbox cover were unlocked (but had no key)

Im thinking it was robbed by someone on location, soon thereafter the vender pulled machine and at some point sold it for home use...not bothering to fix the hole. Both coin mechs are gone too...leading me to think it was quickly sold for home use.

#5517 13 days ago
Quoted from pevo:

Funny thing both coin door and backbox cover were unlocked (but had no key)
Im thinking it was robbed by someone on location, soon thereafter the vender pulled machine and at some point sold it for home use...not bothering to fix the hole. Both coin mechs are gone too...leading me to think it was quickly sold for home use.

That is a real wood floor. Not the fiber board stuff.

#5518 12 days ago
Quoted from RGarriott:

[quoted image]

That AS is putting in the work.

Quoted from pevo:

[quoted image]

Is that piece of gum still good?

#5519 12 days ago
Quoted from MarAlb:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

That’s wild. No flipper rubber at all, but still turning on the games and collecting quarters. I really wanna take some Novus and Meguiar’s to that Beatles pf and see the difference.

#5520 12 days ago

Wow! How did the Beatles get that bad…I don’t get it…

Quoted from MarAlb:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

#5521 12 days ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

That’s wild. No flipper rubber at all, but still turning on the games and collecting quarters. I really wanna take some Novus and Meguiar’s to that Beatles pf and see the difference.

And don't forget to bring a set of (flipper)rubbers. I wished I had them with me when I saw the games. The slingshotrubbers in both games were replaced by some kind of O-rings. It seemed that was the only maintenance done ever to these games. I was there in November 2023. I played one game on Beatles and didn't want to suffer it more.

#5522 12 days ago

real horror.

put power into a chicago coin carnival gun game from 1968.

20240504_174535 (resized).jpg20240504_174535 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20240504_182040_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20240504_182040_Gallery (resized).jpg
#5523 12 days ago
Quoted from Maverick222:

Wow! How did the Beatles get that bad…I don’t get it…

That is residue from the black rubber that Stern uses. It cleans right off.

#5524 12 days ago

Omg who designed these wide body williams lockdown bars. At a show and might have a bruise after 1 game.

20240504_140931 (resized).jpg20240504_140931 (resized).jpg
#5525 11 days ago
Quoted from illawarra92:

put power into a chicago coin carnival gun game from 1968.

I just got my 1959 Williams Vanguard DeLuxe rifle game delivered. Appears to have been sitting in a warehouse for decades. The power cord is ripped out at the cabinet. I'll take that as a clue and give it a thorough look before I even buy a cord for it!

#5526 11 days ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Omg who designed these wide body williams lockdown bars. At a show and might have a bruise after 1 game.
[quoted image]

What did they do, just extend a standard lock bar in those days? “Let’s just add a couple inches onto the standard bar. These wide bodies will never take off anyway. No need to mass produce longer ones.”

#5527 11 days ago

[quoted image]

That is weird. What game is this? I had a williams scorpion and the lockdown bar didn't look like this. It looked the same as any other lockdown bar, just longer.

#5528 11 days ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

That is residue from the black rubber that Stern uses. It cleans right off.

I think you missed the joke
A Beatles pin would have to have been played heaps to get that dirty,thats the joke.

#5529 11 days ago
Quoted from Foxxstone_80:

That is weird. What game is this? I had a williams scorpion and the lockdown bar didn't look like this. It looked the same as any other lockdown bar, just longer.

Pokerino. I'd never heard of it either...

https://pinside.com/pinball/machine/pokerino

#5530 11 days ago

[quoted image]

Quoted from Pinkitten:

What did they do, just extend a standard lock bar in those days? “Let’s just add a couple inches onto the standard bar. These wide bodies will never take off anyway. No need to mass produce longer ones.”

I thought he was talking about those sharp corners like on the William Joust pinball. These a palm killers with that sharp corner. I'm only good for a couple of short games on the Williams games with the sharp corners.

Screen Shot 2024-05-05 at 7.44.03 AM (resized).jpgScreen Shot 2024-05-05 at 7.44.03 AM (resized).jpg

#5531 9 days ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I thought he was talking about those sharp corners like on the William Joust pinball. These a palm killers with that sharp corner. I'm only good for a couple of short games on the Williams games with the sharp corners.
[quoted image]

I think he was. I just noticed the strange corner that looks like a 2-piece modified bar with corner extenders. They probably aren’t that. But unusual looking!

#5532 9 days ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

I think he was. I just noticed the strange corner that looks like a 2-piece modified bar with corner extenders. They probably aren’t that. But unusual looking!

I see that two-piece mod, as well. And it looks like that corner was beaten with a hammer ??

#5533 8 days ago

Not so much horror more frustration at the jackoff that decided to cover every bolt with what appears to be some sort of glue or resin. This was on all the flipper bases in my F14. They also put a silicone adhesive over bolts as well. Pain in the ass to remove all this crap.

20240427_100549.jpg20240427_100549.jpg20240507_162244.jpg20240507_162244.jpg
#5534 8 days ago

Not so much horror

Certainly was a horror for you !

#5535 8 days ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Certainly was a horror for you !

It definitely wasn't a good time.

#5536 8 days ago

It definitely wasn't a good time.

But with that avatar you should be use to mayhem!

#5538 8 days ago
Quoted from Chrizg:

Poor LW3..
[quoted image]

OMG

#5539 8 days ago
Quoted from Chrizg:

Poor LW3..
[quoted image]

What a disaster, good luck with that.

#5540 8 days ago
Quoted from Chrizg:

Poor LW3..
[quoted image]

Off with Mel's head!

#5541 8 days ago

Not so much horror more frustration at the jackoff that decided to cover every bolt with what appears to be some sort of glue or resin. This was on all the flipper bases in my F14. They also put a silicone adhesive over bolts as well. Pain in the ass to remove all this crap.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Didn't some sys11 games come with locktite installed from the factory?

#5542 8 days ago
Quoted from Chrizg:

Poor LW3..
[quoted image]

Oof. That looks fun

I like how there are stray strands of wire sticking out from some of the butt splice connectors.

#5543 8 days ago
Quoted from Chrizg:

Poor LW3..
[quoted image]

Ouch!! I know that situation well. My first pin i ever bought was a Williams Jubilee with the entire harness cut. It had connectors on the bottom of the cabinet like pretty much every pin does. A LW3 with all those wires, ouch. Someone was impatient and had no time for using their brain.

#5544 7 days ago
Quoted from aeneas:

Didn't some sys11 games come with locktite installed from the factory?

Yeah but not on those nuts... Just the posts into t nuts. Snap city

#5545 7 days ago

I picked up a lw3 like that. It had been converted to a weird artsy theme and spent a couple of years at Burning Man. The artist had cut the entire harness near the head. I repinned it to run on a cobrapin controller. One day, it will become the basis of a homebrew rework project...

#5546 7 days ago
Quoted from Chrizg:

Poor LW3..
[quoted image]

I could fix that.

#5547 7 days ago

Game was moved by prev owner and took head completely off. I found a harness on eBay for it so will get it back up and running

IMG_4725 (resized).jpegIMG_4725 (resized).jpeg
#5548 7 days ago
Quoted from Chrizg:

Game was moved by prev owner and took head completely off. I found a harness on eBay for it so will get it back up and running
[quoted image]

This outfit sells all kinds of pinball wire if you need.

https://wirebot.xyz

#5549 7 days ago

One of my first pins was a Duotron where they cut all the wire harness from body to head. And this was faded out cloth colored wires. Nightmare.

#5550 7 days ago

When in doubt just chop the head off lol.
Come on there has to be a better way!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 37.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 64.99
5,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Walton, KY
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Frisco, CO
$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 12.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 300.00
Cabinet Parts
Fantastic Pinball Inc.

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 45.00
Pinball Machine
Wall To Wall Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 859.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

There are 5,553 posts in this topic. You are on page 111 of 112.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-horror-pics/page/111 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.