(Topic ID: 353133)

Pinball machines in Florida

By Skychief

65 days ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 65 days ago

Hello,
    Can anyone tell me do I need to do anything if I have a house in lower Florida on the west coast if I want to bring two of my pinball machines down there permanently. What I mean is right now there in my basement in Michigan and I have a dehumidifier in that room to help with any moisture, and so far so good. When I be making the move to Florida for 5 to 6 months out of the year I want to have them there permanently once I take them down there. With the weather totally different in Florida than in Michigan what would be some good pointers to do so the machines wouldn't have problems due to me not taking whatever precautions I should take with the type of weather in Florida. I be down there from Nov.-though April I would hope than back to Michigan. I am worried about care while I am there and while I would be gone for 6 months. Any suggestions from the group. If needed to know I have TAF, and the Twilight Zone games. Would it be best to wrap the game up for 6 months? I just don't know about electronics to even start on the best way to protect the machines from any type of avoidable problems. Hope this makes sense.
    Thanks in advance

#2 65 days ago

The house in Florida will hopefully be a controlled environment year round even when you're away. This is all you really need.

#3 65 days ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

The house in Florida will hopefully be a controlled environment year round even when you're away. This is all you really need.

Yea, you never turn the air conditioning off in FL or you'll come back to a moldy, stinky house.

When the air is running it's doing a much better job than any dehumidifier can do.

It'll be fine.

#4 65 days ago

Just keep em inside here and in constant AC. Welcome to our lovely high energy bills as your AC will always be on.

#5 65 days ago

I'd be happy to come visit for a week over the summer to make sure the machines are doing ok.

#6 64 days ago

All of the above, plus keep them covered if any windows in the room you will have them in. No basements here.

#7 64 days ago

ditto. I am in Tampa. You have to run the AC at least 8 hours a day to keep the humidity down. If you do that you are fine. If you are going to keep them in a garage, use a good dehumidifier.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-machines-in-florida and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.