landlord.jpg
x7.jpg
image.jpeg
Screenshot_2015-09-24-15-16-26.png
Screenshot_2015-09-24-15-16-20.png
Screenshot_2015-09-24-15-16-15.png
Screenshot_2015-09-24-15-16-08.png
Screenshot_2015-09-24-15-16-00.png
There are 425 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 9.
#401 8 years ago

I'm surprised no one commented on the NSNL of 12/14/15:

The past weeks were intense, especially for the electronical department of our factory. They have been looking into the electronic issues that we encountered at the Dutch Pinball Open (DPO). One of the results is the redesigned Middle Main Board (MMB).

The factory already started the production of the new boards. Tomorrow we will be at the factory to work out the further details and the final test procedure.

If the tests with the new boards are successful the factory will start the assembly of the first TBL's in January, so we expect to be able to start shipping TBL's in Q1 2016.

Wouldn’t that be a great start of the new year?!

Well... A rather short update, but we thought that the content is important enough to share! We'll send out more updates as soon as we have more 'new shit' to show you guys!

Until then, stay tuned.

Best regards,
Team Dutch Pinball

#403 8 years ago

Doh! Don't know why that thread didn't show up in my updated threads!

Cheers!

2 weeks later
#404 8 years ago

Not really a NEW update as much info is based on NSN's but this week the latest edtion of the Spinner (magazine of the Dutch Pinball Association www.nfvpinball.nl) came out (1200 printed copies). In this also an article on the TBL

Yep, I know it is Dutch... Sorry
But wanted to share anyway

TBL_Spinner_2015-4-page-004_(resized).jpgTBL_Spinner_2015-4-page-004_(resized).jpg

TBL_Spinner_2015-4-page-003_(resized).jpgTBL_Spinner_2015-4-page-003_(resized).jpg

TBL_Spinner_2015-4-page-002_(resized).jpgTBL_Spinner_2015-4-page-002_(resized).jpg

TBL_Spinner_2015-4-page-001_(resized).jpgTBL_Spinner_2015-4-page-001_(resized).jpg

#405 8 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Not really a NEW update as much info is based on NSN's but this week the latest edtion of the Spinner (magazine of the Dutch Pinball Association http://www.nfvpinball.nl) came out (1200 printed copies). In this also an article on the TBL
Yep, I know it is Dutch... Sorry
But wanted to share anyway

Thanks - any TBL news (albeit in a foreign language) is better than none.

Gelukkig Nieuwjaar to you and DP!

1 year later
#407 7 years ago

Maybe it's time to bring this thread back to life. Come on DP, let's get that communication going again!!!!!

Brian

#408 7 years ago
Quoted from pinghetto:

Come on DP, let's get that communication going again!!!!!

Word

#409 7 years ago

Hey, DP. It's Friday! How about a weekend update? Even if you say games aren't shipping for another month and the code is F*cked! Just let us know you're alive. Talk to us Goose!!!!!!!

#410 7 years ago

nn40a (resized).jpgnn40a (resized).jpg

#411 7 years ago

Placeholder to keep us posted until the next major DP holiday. If we get there before they start up again we might be looking at 2018:

http://www.pending.me.uk/cd/pur_1501588800.png

#412 7 years ago

I'm getting fed up, last updat 9th December!!

WTF is happening!!

#413 7 years ago

For those that don't follow DP too closely, what's up? I'm guessing a stall in deliveries without explanation? Or something else? Not addressing some problems with delivered machines?

#414 7 years ago

ARA halted shipping because they detected minor issues with a test sample of boards. 20+ finished games were unboxed 2 months ago, and apparently the issue was endemic. They've had problems producing boards without the fault since.

If they had been working at previous cadence, there would be nearly 100 machines waiting to go out, albeit without the problem board. Presumably they've halted or slowed it down.

I guess Dutch won't update until ARA say it's fixed.

Unfortunately I suspect this lowers the chances of another run after the first 300 ... any delays just close the gap to game 2.

#415 7 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

ARA halted shipping because they detected minor issues with a test sample of boards. 20+ finished games were unboxed 2 months ago, and apparently the issue was endemic. They've had problems producing boards without the fault since.
If they had been working at previous cadence, there would be nearly 100 machines waiting to go out, albeit without the problem board. Presumably they've halted or slowed it down.
I guess Dutch won't update until ARA say it's fixed.
Unfortunately I suspect this lowers the chances of another run after the first 300 ... any delays just close the gap to game 2.

Problem is, the last communication I received was that they were thinking it would ship before Christmas. Obviously, it didn't. And now they haven't been answering emails (which they have been good about in the past).

I don't care when it ships if there is problems. It's cool that they are fixing it before it leaves the factory. But, at least tell us. We all deserve it. This pre order has been an awfully bumpy ride (and sealed the deal that I will never pre order again).

#416 7 years ago

Doesn't anyone here think there could be money problems?

#417 7 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Doesn't anyone here think there could be money problems?

No, probably not. They just won't ship with the board issues ... and ARA are liable for costs or delays, as it's their problem. As I say, over 20 games were finished and fully packed, prior to being pulled, and about another 15 on the line when we visited in early November. We saw all this.

I think the biggest long term issue here is, like i said, that run 2 becomes much more unlikely. Both due to timing, and it making it less likely they will return to ARA for game 2 ... which may have been up in the air anyway.

#418 7 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

No, probably not. They just won't ship with the board issues ... and ARA are liable for costs or delays, as it's their problem. As I say, over 20 games were finished and fully packed, prior to being pulled, and about another 15 on the line when we visited in early November. We saw all this.
I think the biggest long term issue here is, like i said, that run 2 becomes much more unlikely. Both due to timing, and it making it less likely they will return to ARA for game 2 ... which may have been up in the air anyway.

Well, they are a pinball producer so every month that goes by without producing, cash flow has to get worse etc etc.

Stern is the only company that can get games out FAST - but their QC has taken a hit obviously.

#419 7 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Well, they are a pinball producer so every month that goes by without producing, cash flow has to get worse etc etc.
Stern is the only company that can get games out FAST - but their QC has taken a hit obviously.

They don't have overheads though. AFAIK there are no full time employees, and ARA are a contract manufacturer ... who would appear to be the current source of delays, which DP won't be paying for.

On the one hand having a contract manufacturer can be frustrating given the current board issues and that they can't control everything themselves, but on the other hand it's brilliant as it doesn't put them millions in the hole. How much do you think it cost Stern to almost completely cease production for a couple of weeks. YEARS of delays and minute FTh sales at Heighway meaning that they're constantly on the brink and burning through cash and credit. JJP almost going down due to delays and cost overruns with WOZ, before the private equity guys saved them.

If you have delays or problems, not having massive overheads is great. So I don't think the delays are putting DP's solvency in question.

#420 7 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

They don't have overheads though. AFAIK there are no full time employees, and ARA are a contract manufacturer ... who would appear to be the current source of delays, which DP won't be paying for.
On the one hand having a contract manufacturer can be frustrating given the current board issues and that they can't control everything themselves, but on the other hand it's brilliant as it doesn't put them millions in the hole. How much do you think it cost Stern to almost completely cease production for a couple of weeks. YEARS of delays and minute FTh sales at Heighway meaning that they're constantly on the brink. JJP almost going down due to delays and cost overruns with WOZ 3 years ago, before the private equity guys saved them.
If you have delays or problems, not having massive overheads is great. So I don't think the delays are putting DP's solvency in question.

I would expect some dialogue long ago from those holing my money.

#421 7 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

I would expect some dialogue long ago from those holing my money.

I don't disagree. All I'm saying is that the lean model they're following should mean that these issues are far less likely to imperil them than other notable examples in the industry.

#422 7 years ago

I'd suggest people feeling antsy contact DP vs wondering aloud here? First approach more likely to get your concerns resolved vs peanut gallery chiming in to make you feel more antsy.

#423 7 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

I'd suggest people feeling antsy contact DP vs wondering aloud here? First approach more likely to get your concerns resolved vs peanut gallery chiming in to make you feel more antsy.

I have contacted DP. Twice in the last three weeks. One was to Barry and one was to the support email address. Crickets on both. Again, this after the last communication in early December stating that hopefully the games will be on a boat before Christmas.

#424 7 years ago

I hate crickets.

3 weeks later
#425 7 years ago

I posted this today in another thread and thought it might be useful in here: (can't figure out how to make a link)

I talked to Melissa at Cointaker today. Thought i would share what i learned. Much of this most of you probably already know, but as you also know it is hard to get current info from DP so I'll share what i learned today. Keep in mind all i know is from Melissa, if you think you know better please share...
DP is only maxing 300 TBLs total. They have shipped around 60 and change so far. There was that board problem, and might be another delay in progress. Cointaker is getting #s 200 to 300. They expect to have them all out the door this year. DP isn't going to announce their next pin project until these all the TBLs ship. All Cointaker's slots are taken and there is a waiting list. I didn't ask how many were on the waiting list because I'm getting a machine, so there.
DP is supposed to release info some time in the next two weeks, hopefully they will talk about when the machines will move out the door,,and talk about the delays and code issues.
Currently DP plans on filling half size containers that hold 21 machines each.
Hope this helps some of you and be careful, there's a beverage here man!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 210.00
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

13,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ashland, KY
Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

14,275 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dallas, TX
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 425 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 9.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/plea-for-an-update-anything-really/page/9 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.