Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 27 days ago by RyBred24
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

Well, try and try as I may, I can't get this thing to work.

I replaced both switch 35 and switch 36. The motor works. The swagger goes down, but it won't come back up, even though it's trying.

What fix works here? Replacing the orange belt? Replacing the motor.

Thanks,

Eric

#2 4 years ago

BUMP - I’ve tried literally everything. I checked the motor, the voltage to the motor, replaced both switches, checked the board, checked the optos - I’m running out of ideas.

It no longer goes down or up, even though it operates as it should other than it actually working. I’m extremely confused.

#3 4 years ago

I assume that you have been through the 'Snagger Motor OPTO Board / Micro Switches Adjustment Procedure' in the manual?

#4 4 years ago

Maybe I missed something in another thread. But can you describe exactly what it is or isnt doing? I just went through an extensive troubleshoot and rebuild of my snagger mech. My drop target was the culprit in my machine. Was never fully descending, so the snagger never moved.

#5 4 years ago
Quoted from Gogojohnnyquack:

I assume that you have been through the 'Snagger Motor OPTO Board / Micro Switches Adjustment Procedure' in the manual?

Found the manual - went through this - it works even less now, down switch won’t close.

Quoted from GLSP3022:

Maybe I missed something in another thread. But can you describe exactly what it is or isnt doing? I just went through an extensive troubleshoot and rebuild of my snagger mech. My drop target was the culprit in my machine. Was never fully descending, so the snagger never moved.

Visually, it works. The orange belt and gears turn but the mech will not go down anymore at this point in any tests.

I’ve never been more baffled by a pinball problem in my life. I’ve spent about 8 hours on this, to have it work less.

#6 4 years ago

The entire mech is actually moved by the black timing belt on the 2nd pully. When the snagger is laying flat over the playfield. The first section with the ball magnet lifts up. Once it hits resistance, it locks into the slots of the first piece and then starts to lift up the rest. It's quite an ingenious mech.

Has your set screw on that lower toothed pully come loose ? Spinning freely maybe.
Is your timing belt secure?
Has the shaft with just the timing belt loosened its screw on the end? It has to be tight and the shaft seats into a square hole. The screw keeps the shaft seated properly so it cannot spin.

#7 4 years ago

Make sure that black belt is in working condition....I took mine apart and had to replace that belt bc it was stretched all out and had nothing left on it for the teeth on the gears to grab onto.
Make sure you tear that Snagger assembly apart and investigate everything.

#8 4 years ago

Black belt? I have not seen a black belt on this assembly, or even a spot for a second belt.

#9 4 years ago
Quoted from SilverballSleuth:

Black belt? I have not seen a black belt on this assembly, or even a spot for a second belt.

You need this.
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/545-5817-03

#10 4 years ago

You should see another pully on each shaft with grooves in it. Timing belt goes over those. This belt is responsible for the movement of the entire assembly

#11 4 years ago

What he said. You haven’t fully pulled the assembly apart yet. This is most likely a mechanical issue....not switches and motors.
Take your time bc the snagger mech has some small parts/C clips holding it all together.

#13 4 years ago

Go to pages 78/79 in the manual that shows the snagger mech and lists all the parts. Take the snagger mech out of your game (not the motor yet) and remove the covers to expose the parts inside, then take inventory of what's there. Check the gears and belts for missing teeth. Page 81 really lays the mech out with a troubleshooting guide and rebuild instructions. The gears are held onto shafts with flat spots and they need to be tight and aligned correctly to move the mech instead of spinning in place.

Remember to take plenty of pictures as you go so you can get it all back together again.

#14 4 years ago

Any update on this? Inquiring snagger owners would like to know...

#15 4 years ago
Quoted from Gogojohnnyquack:

Any update on this? Inquiring snagger owners would like to know...

I’m so sorry everyone - forgot to reply.

I ordered the parts from Marco - and they’re on their way. Waiting until the end of the Pintastic show to have new rubber rings and LEDs, so I can shop this game in one (very long) sitting.

I will definitely update with results in a week or two - and I greatly appreciate everyone’s input.

2 months later
#16 4 years ago
Quoted from SilverballSleuth:

I’m so sorry everyone - forgot to reply.
I ordered the parts from Marco - and they’re on their way. Waiting until the end of the Pintastic show to have new rubber rings and LEDs, so I can shop this game in one (very long) sitting.
I will definitely update with results in a week or two - and I greatly appreciate everyone’s input.

Any luck?

My buddy has one that works properly very ,very rarely. It seems like the drop target isn't dropping/staying down when it is supposed to, to let the snagger come down. I'll hopefully get to go look at it within the next few days.

4 years later
#17 27 days ago
Quoted from GLSP3022:

The entire mech is actually moved by the black timing belt on the 2nd pully. When the snagger is laying flat over the playfield. The first section with the ball magnet lifts up. Once it hits resistance, it locks into the slots of the first piece and then starts to lift up the rest. It's quite an ingenious mech.
Has your set screw on that lower toothed pully come loose ? Spinning freely maybe.
Is your timing belt secure?
Has the shaft with just the timing belt loosened its screw on the end? It has to be tight and the shaft seats into a square hole. The screw keeps the shaft seated properly so it cannot spin.

Hey GLSP3022 This comment here! Does that need to be extremely tight in order to move the upper mech that grabs the ball? I have made sure my belt is fully set, no tooth missing, gears turn with motor. All I can think of is a loose screw because it seems like the mech just freely spins. Is there anything else that keeps that upper area in place from just flapping around?
thanks!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 18.95
$ 18.95
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 27.95
$ 18.95

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sega-jurassic-park-snagger-issue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.