(Topic ID: 355561)

Sopranos Losing Track of Rank (RESOLVED)

By UCallEyeHaul

17 days ago

Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 15 days ago by TreyBo69
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 17 days ago

I have a Sopranos machine that will lose track of your rank during gameplay at times. Not always, but it seems like if you’re having a good ball, once it drains, your rank will reset back to “associate.” This is fairly recent.

Also, since I’ve had this machine, certain awards from the pork store are NEVER given. Specifically start episode, Bing and another which escapes me. I’ve fiddled with the settings until the cows come home.

Any ideas what could be wrong here?

#2 16 days ago

I’ve heard that in certain situations tilting can reset the rank. I haven’t been able to replicate it myself but it is a known bug

I’m 90% certain I’ve gotten those rewards before. I always hope for meadowlands, and sometimes get it, because that’s usually the last objective I need for Boss. I wish it weighed the mystery award more to what you need in the late game. It seems to just weight fucking big points to happen most games, usually the first award but not always.

#3 15 days ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I’ve heard that in certain situations tilting can reset the rank. I haven’t been able to replicate it myself but it is a known bug
I’m 90% certain I’ve gotten those rewards before. I always hope for meadowlands, and sometimes get it, because that’s usually the last objective I need for Boss. I wish it weighed the mystery award more to what you need in the late game. It seems to just weight fucking big points to happen most games, usually the first award but not always.

Well, this is embarrassing. After testing, this is true. Tony doesn’t like being shoved around and will demote your ass for it.

As to the awards, still can’t figure that out. The other one I couldn’t think of was truck heist. Mine will never award that, Bing, or start episode. All the others do hit as they should

#4 15 days ago

It must be a game setting or tilting a certain way. I’ve never gotten mine to reset on a tilt. I’ve just heard other owners mention it.

I’ve def gotten those awards. I can think of a few mystery awards that are very rare, but I’m positive I’ve gotten them all eventually. It definitely weights the randomness in some way based on what rank you are (and probably some other thresholds like extra ball %)

The random fish awards are pretty predictable

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.95
Machine - For Sale
St. Augustine, FL
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Greeley, CO
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 8.50
Hardware
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Louisville, KY
$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sopranos-losing-track-of-rank and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.