(Topic ID: 355527)

Space Mission/Odyssey owners question

By out_of_order

19 days ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 19 days ago

Hello, I am currently restoring a space mission . I also own a space odyssey. I have noticed a scoring/rules difference between the 2. On space odyssey, when the top rollovers are lit for "scores swinging target value" and score 5000 , the rollovers then turn off. On my space mission, if the top rollovers are lit for for "scores swinging target value" and score 5000, the lanes stay lit. If this is working correctly, it makes space odyssey somewhat harder. I was wondering if the owners of these titles can check their games and let me know, if theirs work the same way. Per the schematic , it looks like there are some differences in how that scoring sequence works. I am asking this because i am wondering if their is an issue with either game regarding this or if they were designed this way. Thanks for your help !!

#2 19 days ago

On my Space Mission, the upper lanes stay lit.

#3 19 days ago
Quoted from out_of_order:

Hello, I am currently restoring a space mission . I also own a space odyssey. I have noticed a scoring/rules difference between the 2. On space odyssey, when the top rollovers are lit for "scores swinging target value" and score 5000 , the rollovers then turn off. On my space mission, if the top rollovers are lit for for "scores swinging target value" and score 5000, the lanes stay lit. If this is working correctly, it makes space odyssey somewhat harder. I was wondering if the owners of these titles can check their games and let me know, if theirs work the same way. Per the schematic , it looks like there are some differences in how that scoring sequence works. I am asking this because i am wondering if their is an issue with either game regarding this or if they were designed this way. Thanks for your help !!

I believe the top lanes are on an alternating relay...
check the back box 00-90 unit relay. switch makes/breaks.

#4 18 days ago
Quoted from vec-tor:

I believe the top lanes are on an alternating relay...
check the back box 00-90 unit relay. switch makes/breaks.

To clarify, my top lanes stay on (or off) when the ball goes through the lane, but they do alternate off and on with other scoring.

#5 18 days ago

The top rollover lights and scoring are controlled by the change relay. The change relay will pull in and release on alternate pulses to the match unit coil thru a blade switch mounted on the match unit.
To reduce pulses to the match unit coil, the score motor cam 2 long dwell will pulse the match coil every 180 degree cycle except for a 5000 point relay score.
So a 50 or 500 point scoring stand up behind rubber switch will run the score motor, pulsing the match unit coil, changing the state of the change relay, changing the top rollover lights and scoring.
The schematics are similar where the 4 player uses cam 2 long dwell, the 2 player uses a cam 5 switch.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oceanside, NY
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 4.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/space-mission-odyssey-owners-question and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.