20230328_181118 (resized).jpg
20230328_181545 (resized).jpg
20230328_180833 (resized).jpg
BE05C8C4-31FB-43E8-A5E6-337A1E9E9377 (resized).jpeg
43782B1B-4F63-45E0-AD6A-37180D1CC512 (resized).jpeg
6AEE14D4-84AF-46D6-85B5-0E9FD2BAC017 (resized).jpeg
CF8547BD-6F48-4D7B-AC93-A2BDA5F36D65 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

11 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #617 Pricing and differences for each model. Posted by PanzerKraken (1 year ago)

Post #1044 Game distributors Posted by KingPinGames (1 year ago)

Post #1791 Hi-Res playfield images Posted by rotordave (1 year ago)

Post #1793 Hi-res Cabinet images Posted by rotordave (1 year ago)

Post #2403 Feature matrix Posted by PanzerKraken (1 year ago)

Post #3155 Scooby Doo Machine Number Tracker Posted by monitorpop (1 year ago)

Post #4421 Underside of playfied picture from Spooky's FB page. Posted by bobukcat (1 year ago)

Post #4422 Another underside of the PF from Spooky's FB page. Posted by bobukcat (1 year ago)

Post #4619 Sneak peek gameplay video Posted by CoolCatPinball (1 year ago)

Post #5134 Offical Gameplay Reveal Posted by SpookyBug (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider theclownpuncher.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9 1 year ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Pretty cool to see the voice actors they got! Source material is strong too so this could be a lot of fun!
What board set will be in Scooby?

Agree, and if those animations shown (with the pinballs) are going to be in the game it will look muchhhh better than the halloween animations.

#242 1 year ago

I love my Halloween but the QC issues I've had will certainly give me pause on a Scooby. But, if it's a fast and flowing game that is different from my HW and they get the QC better on this one, I'll end up with one.

#251 1 year ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

So far no issues with my Halloween CE

I've been fairly lucky as well as far as electronics go (a couple of bad servos) But my powdercoating looks like complete ass. Spots on the speaker panel, coin door and lock bar. Even the apron has a spot. It's beyond bad.

#334 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Spooky efficiency and number of builds per week has grown over the past year it appears.
I don’t remember how Spooky did the non refundable deposit thing last time other than it was opening up the orders at a certain time and ended up being a shit show with server issues and such.
Nvm, Treybo summarized the time line ^^^
I ended up buying a low 100 spot from someone. CE butter
I know a lot people ended up being pissed off because they didn’t ultimately like Halloween or figured out they were going to lose $$$
I like my Halloween a lot.
Hard to say “it’s the 1st Spooky pin that has ever lost value” which isn’t true, and think Halloween was a one off when you are starting from a MUCH higher price point.
Just like Bond, TS4 etc, you are going to lose $$$ on the secondary market when you go to sell.
Thus, there should be zero FOMO. If we all haven’t learned that lesson by now then there is no hope for us.
All that said, I don’t know how Spooky is going to get away from the “non refundable” deposits?
You don’t want a bunch of looky Lou’s clogging up the pipeline and they need some visibility on what they can expect to build.
However, they will need to allow a longer time frame to allow buyers to evaluate some game play BEFORE $$$ becomes locked, unlike last time.
Bottom, the FOMO model should be on life support, zero reason to believe you can’t get any game later at the same price or probably cheaper, and that includes JJP, Stern and everybody else
I’ll probably get a Scooby game if it looks good. Just won’t be on a FOMO rush.

I've never understood the CE/LE announcement with the launch of a game. I really don't understand it now that some are trying to get $13K out of them before anyone has really got to play them.

I would think they would do a 2 tier BSE/Standard or Premium/Pro to start. If the game is a hit or becomes a hit then you can base your CE run on it. Similar to how Adams Family gold went. If the game is a monster, like Godzilla, do a run of 1000 CE/LE's and charge whatever you think the market will bear. If it's an underwhelming game like TS4 or Munsters, then either cut the CE run to a much smaller number or don't do one at all. Focus the capital on improving the code since that seems to be where all the main gripes come from on these newer games.

I guess it doesn't matter to manufacturers as they sell out of their CE/LE's almost immediately but I sure don't see why they wouldn't wait so they could make a true CE/LE while keeping people from feeling like they got burned. I would think this way would also help with eliminating scalpers. Sure, you will have some people pay a premium because they want their premium now but, for the most part, it will surely slow them down.

This doesn't just pertain to Spooky, but the industry as a whole.

#368 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

This isn't the 90's. Addams was mostly in locations. There was barely a home market. Now it's almost entirely a home market with big spenders and collectors. LE/CE is offered up front, because "get it or its gone" is easy money. The other "lesser" versions are just gravy, if the game is still in demand. If there's no LE/CE at launch...the usual suspects who ONLY buy that type of game are going to sit and wait it out...and people who buy Premiums/Pros will also wait to play first...why would they order a game when there's no FOMO? FOMO sells games and has kept these companies in business during this weird era of home-buyer pinball.

I get what you're saying and I don't see the business model changing for the reasons you have stated, as well as others.

I was simply questioning it as the original post i referred to was talking about how FOMO is (hopefully) dying down as it seems the flipper are getting burned more and more. (see Halloween, TS4, Bond, etc)

#381 1 year ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

There’s gonna be a lot of games sitting and not selling. 2023 is going to be a shit show. Interest rates, recession, housing, layoffs, the toys will be the first to go. I believe we will start to see pin prices starting to fall in the secondary market. The new market in the pinball companies is gonna be tightening up for them to take your money it’s gonna have to be a really good theme.

I'm already seeing price drops in the secondary market, particularly on the less popular or older titles. I'm also seeing real popular titles sit much longer and very few going for top dollar.

2023 could be rough for people looking to sell at the peak.

#497 1 year ago
Quoted from spooky_dj:

No sir! Our plastic shitboxes come free with the collector's edition!

That could be the funniest thing I've read on Pinside this year..... maybe ever.

#603 1 year ago

Genuine question for Spooky, not looking for a sales pitch or to throw stones but how "mature" is the code going to be upon release compared to your other games?

#686 1 year ago

This pin is so sweet looking I just posted my CE spot in the market for $16,999

Just kidding!!!!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.00
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

9,995 (Firm)
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 40.00
Lighting - Led
Pinbald Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 9,769.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Other
Severedmods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fairfield, CA
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

Machine - For Sale
Littleton, CO
8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Wayne, IN
$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Mooshue's Market

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider theclownpuncher.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-scooby-doo-hype-thread?tu=theclownpuncher and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.