Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
#1 19 days ago

Hey Guys,

I have a t2 here with a completely dead line of switches which slowly got worse, started with a dead left sling switch, then right sling. Now all the lower right kickback switches and the jets/pops switches are all dead. I got the machine into switch edge test mode and jumped the J207 line to j208/j209 and my full 4th position post the Green/Yellow line is dead. Every other switch is fine when jumped. Does anyone know what I would need to swap out on the board for this?
the Schematic says J207-4 u20-15.

Thanks Guys,
Church

#2 19 days ago

I would check for alkaline damage. I've seen many with open traces from battery alkaline. Check schematic and verify continuity with a meter.

#3 19 days ago
Quoted from pinballplusMN:

I would check for alkaline damage. I've seen many with open traces from battery alkaline. Check schematic and verify continuity with a meter.

Thats a good start. Jump in the T2 forum. I believe Victor, aka DumbAss did an entire recap on this issue in that forum about troubleshooting switch rows and columns and what to pay attention to in the switch matrix. He usually chimes in when he has spare time.

Ken

#4 19 days ago
Quoted from Church:

I got the machine into switch edge test mode and jumped the J207 line to j208/j209 and my full 4th position post the Green/Yellow line is dead.

Good troubleshooting here.

Battery acid (alkaline) can be insidious. You can think you've got it cleaned up and fixed, and then years later it can cause problems.

You've got a board problem here.

You can buy a replacement board. I do this frequently when there is dead switches due to battery acid (alkaline) damage, and the damage is severe.

You can also get the board fixed by sending it to someone like Chris Hibler.

You can fix your CPU yourself, and maybe you'll do good enough repair, or maybe the board isn't all that damaged, and your board might work for another twenty years.

It all depends on how much battery acid (alkaline) damage there is what path I choose.

If you could take a good quality picture of the bottom half of your CPU board, that shows from the battery holder down, that would help us advise you what path makes sense.

Thanks!

#5 15 days ago

eyeamred2u Hey guys I found the problem! There is definitely no akaline damage the batterys got swapped to nvram a long time ago. I used some of Victor's details and this video

To find out I have a diode on the 4th position on the transistor array that's got a problem. Positions 123567 read .503 on the diode mode Position 4 reads .815!

I also checked the schematic for which array it would be U20

I think this would be the replacement part ebay.com link: itm

Let me know what you guys think.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#6 15 days ago
Quoted from Church:

eyeamred2u Hey guys I found the problem! There is definitely no akaline damage the batterys got swapped to nvram a long time ago. I used some of Victor's details and this video
To find out I have a diode on the 4th position on the transistor array that's got a problem. Positions 123567 read .503 on the diode mode Position 4 reads .815!
I also checked the schematic for which array it would be U20
I think this would be the replacement part ebay.com link: itm
Let me know what you guys think.
[quoted image]

Please be cautious of buying parts from ebay. I would use a good supply house like Mouser or Tayda or Digikey

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.99
Tools
FlipMods

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 21.95
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 39.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Lizella, GA
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 30.95
$ 9.95
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.99
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Rochester, NY
Boards
Slap Save Creations

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/t2-full-switch-line-dead and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.