IMG_5360 (resized).JPG
IMG_5359 (resized).JPG
IMG_5358 (resized).JPG
IMG_5357 (resized).JPG
IMG_5356 (resized).JPG
IMG_5355 (resized).JPG
IMG_5354 (resized).JPG
#1 24 days ago

I am helping a friend clean out 30 years worth of trash his hoarder-ass has managed to pile up. He/I I have 4 pinball machines to deal with. Right now, they are buried so I cannot show you much. I'm looking for interested parties for these pins. They will not be for sale for a little while. But we are getting closer.

Here is what I have. ( the 60 year old nicotine stains are free )

1) Williams Stop n Go. The cabinet is painted black. From little I could see under all the dust on the glass the play field looks OK. The plastics are a melted mess.

IMG_5355 (resized).JPGIMG_5355 (resized).JPG
IMG_5354 (resized).JPGIMG_5354 (resized).JPG

2) Williams Surf Rider. Back glass is trash. Has a strange set of legs on. From what I can tell the play field looks OK.

IMG_5356 (resized).JPGIMG_5356 (resized).JPG

IMG_5357 (resized).JPGIMG_5357 (resized).JPG

IMG_5358 (resized).JPGIMG_5358 (resized).JPG

IMG_5359 (resized).JPGIMG_5359 (resized).JPG

3) Williams Tic Tac Toe.

No pics but the back glass looked surprisingly OK.

and

4) This unit has no back glass so I have no idea of what it is. Perhaps someone will recognize the cabinet.

IMG_5360 (resized).JPGIMG_5360 (resized).JPG

IMG_5361 (resized).JPGIMG_5361 (resized).JPG

I realize these are not high demand pins. My friend will be wanting them gone and will follow my advise. Looking for interested parties. I will respect first come-first served when it comes to finding a price agreement on these pins. I am interested in talking now and early.

Buy one or buy them all. Bring your trailer and load up.

They are in storage in an unheated building. The roof of the building is solid and there are no water leaks. Just a lot of dust. I'm not quite sure yet when we will be pulling them out for better pics. But if a deal can be made with someone who wants to bring your own trailer, pretty much any weekend can be arranged for a pick up.

Interested parties--if there are any--, please send me a PM and we can talk. As time processes I can clean off the play field glasses and take pics for a better look.

My name is Monte Hall. Let's make a deal.

Thanks

#2 24 days ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Williams Surf Rider. Back glass is trash. Has a strange set of legs on. From what I can tell the play field looks OK.

This is one I've always kept an eye out for and those are normal legs for 1956. Didn't expect to ever find one and it's a shame about the backglass as the artwork is really cool, but pretty much what you might expect I guess.

The last one looks familiar, but just can't place it at the moment.

GLWS

#3 24 days ago

Ya hard for anyone too have a good look at them too even say how much they are worth

#4 24 days ago

Last one looks like Naples.

https://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=1655

image-14 (resized).pngimage-14 (resized).png
#5 24 days ago

That would be it good find lol

#6 24 days ago

Shuffle Puck bowler legs on the one game.

#7 24 days ago
2463f1 (resized).jpg2463f1 (resized).jpg
#8 23 days ago
Quoted from Williampinball:

Ya hard for anyone too have a good look at them too even say how much they are worth

I understand. Once we can get back to THIS storage space and free up some room, I will clean them off and get better pics. They are stacked in some heavy duty shelving. The Tic Tac Toe in sitting on the floor but it is buried is why I have no pics.

This is just an early bird heads-up for any possible interested parties.

#9 23 days ago
Quoted from o-din:

This is one I've always kept an eye out for and those are normal legs for 1956. Didn't expect to ever find one and it's a shame about the backglass as the artwork is really cool, but pretty much what you might expect I guess.
The last one looks familiar, but just can't place it at the moment.
GLWS

Well, Bummmmer ! Here is what you want but the transportation costs kill any enthusiasm.

#10 23 days ago

I recall Ballypin posting about Stop 'N' Go as a rare title related to his other hobby of stoplights.

#11 23 days ago
Quoted from play_pinball:

I recall Ballypin posting about Stop 'N' Go as a rare title related to his other hobby of stoplights.

Pinside shows:

1) 1675 Stop n Go's produced.............................. 6 pinsiders want one.

2) Tic Tac Toe has no production numbers................1 Pinsider wants one

3) Surf Riders no production numbers......................10 pinsiders want one.

4) Naples no production numbers............................1 pinsider wants one.

I would rather be dealing with high production numbers and at least have 30 or 40 pinsiders wanting one. They are not in danger of being trashed or shipped to the landfill. But having them gone is preferable.

If nothing happens here, I will place them on Craigs list local ad.

#12 23 days ago

I had a real nice Stop N Go with a perfect backglass and playfield with no real wear, but now would rather have a Surf Rider in the same condition. But some things just aint never gonna happen and I am OK with that.
StopGo (resized).jpegStopGo (resized).jpeg

SG1 (resized).jpegSG1 (resized).jpeg

#13 23 days ago
Quoted from o-din:

I had a real nice Stop N Go with a perfect backglass and playfield with no real wear, but now would rather have a Surf Rider in the same condition. But some things just aint never gonna happen and I am OK with that.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Very nice looking pins

#14 23 days ago
Quoted from o-din:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Mayfair Amusements has hundreds of nos Backglasses. Email him to see if he has a Surf Rider glass.

#15 22 days ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Pinside shows:
1) 1675 Stop n Go's produced.............................. 6 pinsiders want one.
2) Tic Tac Toe has no production numbers................1 Pinsider wants one
3) Surf Riders no production numbers......................10 pinsiders want one.
4) Naples no production numbers............................1 pinsider wants one.
I would rather be dealing with high production numbers and at least have 30 or 40 pinsiders wanting one. They are not in danger of being trashed or shipped to the landfill. But having them gone is preferable.
If nothing happens here, I will place them on Craigs list local ad.

You can also put them on MrPinball, I know lots of pinsiders don't like the site, but plenty of pinball people still use it. These would sell at a pinball show flea market.

#16 22 days ago
Quoted from poppapin:

You can also put them on MrPinball, I know lots of pinsiders don't like the site, but plenty of pinball people still use it. These would sell at a pinball show flea market.

Thanks for the Mr. Pinball suggestion. My OP friend uses it religiously. A pin flea market is only a very remote possibility. Too much gas for too little return.

I told the seller/hoarder I want to get them up on legs, clean them up and show some better pics. He has the legs but I did not see any leg bolts. And the legs I saw were the standard steel legs. I did not see any of the wooden woodrail legs.

From what little I could see, the play fields looked nice. As noted, the plastics on the Stop n Go are a melted mess. I do not know the condition of the plastics on the other three pins at this time.

I really can't do very much until I get them cleaned up a bit. I don't know if they will turn on when plugged or be dead as a doornail.

#17 22 days ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Thanks for the Mr. Pinball suggestion. My OP friend uses it religiously. A pin flea market is only a very remote possibility. Too much gas for too little return.
I told the seller/hoarder I want to get them up on legs, clean them up and show some better pics. He has the legs but I did not see any leg bolts. And the legs I saw were the standard steel legs. I did not see any of the wooden woodrail legs.
From what little I could see, the play fields looked nice. As noted, the plastics on the Stop n Go are a melted mess. I do not know the condition of the plastics on the other three pins at this time.
I really can't do very much until I get them cleaned up a bit. I don't know if they will turn on when plugged or be dead as a doornail.

The probably will but might surprise you. I'm working on a woodrail from 1958 that's was dead near 40 years. I changed the cord, checked the fuses and hit the hold relay. It lit up. I hit the start relay and it actually functioned. Far from well but things worked.

Those game were pretty well built, good quality materials.

#18 22 days ago

What are you looking to get for them?

#19 22 days ago
Quoted from coolwhs:

What are you looking to get for them?

I can't answer that yet. Not a clue. It is too thin of a market. I have to do some more looking around. Woodrails are not my wheelhouse. I have had one inquiry about one of the pins. I need to see them when cleaned up.

#20 22 days ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I can't answer that yet. Not a clue. It is too thin of a market. I have to do some more looking around. Woodrails are not my wheelhouse. I have had one inquiry about one of the pins. I need to see them when cleaned up.

OK, please let me know.
Also, if there are any old computers (1990's or earlier) I might be interested in them as well.

#21 21 days ago
Quoted from coolwhs:

OK, please let me know.
Also, if there are any old computers (1990's or earlier) I might be interested in them as well.

Sorry. No old computers.

I'll bring whatever I find to the thread for you. But I am helping a friend and I can't pull the trigger on anything. I can only suggest.

Last night he told me the pins are not top on his mind. He has 26 old cars to move: 2 '57 Chevys, 60 Cadillac, 68 Caddy convertible, 2 Vettes, 2 El Caminos, etc. No one has a gun to his head but he thinks some action of some kind from the town is coming his way.

I'll work on the pins whenever I can.

o-din has good taste in pins. I really want to see the the play field on the Surf Rider.

This Surf Rider looks like it has lived hard. I am anxious to see the condition of the play field on the Surf Rider that is buried.

This is not a bad looking pin. But what would the hassle be to keeping this 4-player pin running?

Pinside_archive_1448_1122238 (resized).jpgPinside_archive_1448_1122238 (resized).jpg

#22 21 days ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

o-din has good taste in pins. I really want to see the the play field on the Surf Rider.

Thanks. To me it really has the best artwork of the few surf related pinball games out there and I really love competitive multiplayer two inch flipper games. And Williams was running 50 volt coils at the time so they always play fast and snappy.

Quoted from cottonm4:

But what would the hassle be to keeping this 4-player pin running?

Once dialed in, it would be like any other four player game. But I've worked on quite a few from that era. The only thing is they stopped using that style of score reels in the early 60s and certain parts that wear can be hard to come by.

#23 21 days ago
Quoted from o-din:

To me it really has the best artwork

It is really a very nice looking pin. I was drawn to the picture immediately.

#24 21 days ago
Quoted from o-din:

Thanks. To me it really has the best artwork of the few surf related pinball games out there and I really love competitive multiplayer two inch flipper games. And Williams was running 50 volt coils at the time so they always play fast and snappy.

Once dialed in, it would be like any other four player game. But I've worked on quite a few from that era. The only thing is they stopped using that style of score reels in the early 60s and certain parts that wear can be hard to come by.

Bally Surfers?

2 weeks later
#25 4 days ago

Gotta love finding stuff in old storage units. I found a Sky Lab game in one of those.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/three-wood-rails-for-sale and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.