(Topic ID: 213089)

Up the Irons - Stern Iron Maiden Owners and True Fans Club!

By AlexSMendes

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,977 posts
  • 1,053 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 22 hours ago by STVPIN
  • Topic is favorited by 498 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2024-05-13 21.05.18 (resized).jpg
IMG_1489 (resized).png
IMG_7291 (resized).jpeg
20240513_1119052@6 (resized).jpg
IMG_5497 (resized).png
IMG_5496 (resized).png
IMG_5510 (resized).png
IMG_9356 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9357 (resized).jpeg
20240506_184549 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_5442 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5476 (resized).jpeg
250A1370-FA98-4BDE-A0DF-4E88CBEF54C3 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9138 (resized).png
image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,977 posts in this topic. You are on page 318 of 320.
#15851 20 days ago
Quoted from Jagrmaister:

I didn't even know it was a thing. I found some thread on Pinside with a whole variety of apron cards. A couple trial/error prints later for correct sizing, a run through wife's laminating machine, a few snips with scissors, and viola!
[quoted image]

I like when we share things without always having to monitize it all.
I get it if you are providing the material or have invested a lot of time.

#15852 20 days ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

Oh yeah? Are they better than that guys? Will you have them professionally printed, cut and shipped to my house for free also?? Sign me up bud.

Staples, smart ass. $2

#15853 20 days ago

My huo minty under 800 play premium is for sale in eau Claire wi 8200

IMG_7328 (resized).jpegIMG_7328 (resized).jpeg
#15854 20 days ago
Quoted from Gunner007:

What dimensions did you use for the spitfire?
I'm not sure how big to go.
Do you have that mount posted on yeggi at all? I like that better than the lame idea I was going to use to mount the spitfire.

ebay.com link: itm

#15855 20 days ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Staples, smart ass. $2

Okay let's assume all your guys crappy homemade instruction cards are as well designed as that guys, and you're somehow getting it printed in equal quality at staples.

It cost at least $50 of my time to go to staples(if that place still exists) and do that myself.
If there's some website I can go try to import an image and try to crop and choose options, that's costing time too and with shipping it's gonna come out the same.

So doesn't seem very unreasonable for someone to sell this to me for $20! Please show me another free option that has that many rules and doesn't do stupid shit on the right side card like "the name of the machine, for the 14th time"

#15856 20 days ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

Okay let's assume all your guys crappy homemade instruction cards are as well designed as that guys, and you're somehow getting it printed in equal quality at staples.
It cost at least $50 of my time to go to staples(if that place still exists) and do that myself.
If there's some website I can go try to import an image and try to crop and choose options, that's costing time too and with shipping it's gonna come out the same.
So doesn't seem very unreasonable for someone to sell this to me for $20! Please show me another free option that has that many rules and doesn't do stupid shit on the right side card like "the name of the machine, for the 14th time"

I wouldn't buy them because not because of the money ore design but because I've been a Graphic Designer for over 25 years & could design my own If I wanted to I could layout some sick cards but I don't really care

#15857 20 days ago

Where can I find the 3D file for that rail clip?

Please and thank you.

Quoted from acedanger:

love 3d printing.
[quoted image][quoted image]

#15858 20 days ago

#15859 20 days ago
Quoted from PBSaltyKracker:

Where can I find the 3D file for that rail clip?
Please and thank you.

I have mine on thingiverse.
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:6529743

Brian

#15861 20 days ago

I bought some,they look great and far better than I could have done.Lots of great choices as well.Worth every penny.IMO

#15862 20 days ago
Quoted from Jagrmaister:

I didn't even know it was a thing. I found some thread on Pinside with a whole variety of apron cards. A couple trial/error prints later for correct sizing, a run through wife's laminating machine, a few snips with scissors, and viola!
[quoted image]

yeah being creative pays. I was so sick of that red triangle that i got my vinyl cutter fired up and made something that did not hurt my eyes.

Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.47_32ddc1ac (resized).jpgAfbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.47_32ddc1ac (resized).jpg
#15863 20 days ago

I made lenticular for mine and they’re backlit with el paper

#15864 20 days ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

Sorry, didn't know you needed it broken down.
1.Find one of the 1000s of "professional quality" cards available.
2. Go to Staples (they are everywhere) or Walmart? Kinkos? MANY places. (Also, much better printers than most small businesses)
3. Ask them to print, crop and cut them to any dimensions you like.
4. Hand the nice person at the counter a few dollars.
5. Stay off pinside for a while and play your games.

#15865 20 days ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

If you can't be bothered by a simple project, then By all means buy the cards and have them shipped. Some of us don't mind spending the few minutes and doing it ourselves.

I just have to lol at your last sentence. It's a matter of preference and I'd rather have my crappy home printed cards that were done up and shared by someone else for free, still saying "Iron Maiden", than the ones you're going to pay for that look like a text mess to me.

To each their own.

#15866 20 days ago

As far as the plunge/auto plunge goes. I’ve heard Elwin mention for both this and GZ, that the best thing you can do is keep your games waxed. I’m a 100% believer in this. I clean/wax a lot and very rarely have any issues with ball paths on any pins. Every 2-4 cleans I also tighten up everything on the underside. PM is the best way to keep pins flowy imo.

#15867 20 days ago

What is the orb that I see some put on top of the captive ball. I see the underside is reversed like the oracle mod. Just can't pay $500 for that mod. The orb looks nice to me.

#15868 20 days ago
Quoted from Jagrmaister:

If you can't be bothered by a simple project, then By all means buy the cards and have them shipped. Some of us don't mind spending the few minutes and doing it ourselves.
I just have to lol at your last sentence. It's a matter of preference and I'd rather have my crappy home printed cards that were done up and shared by someone else for free, still saying "Iron Maiden", than the ones you're going to pay for that look like a text mess to me.
To each their own.

I just print them on a color laser, and then laminate them. Laminating not necessary but it makes it stronger. Not hard to do and fun as well. Print different ones and swap them out if I get bored of them.

I also make my own key chain holders with game flyer.

#15869 19 days ago
Quoted from acedanger:

love 3d printing.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Do you just glue the spitfire on or it's screwed on?

#15870 19 days ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

Do you just glue the spitfire on or it's screwed on?

I screwed it on.

#15871 19 days ago
Quoted from Edster:What is the orb that I see some put on top of the captive ball. I see the underside is reversed like the oracle mod. Just can't pay $500 for that mod. The orb looks nice to me.

link to the one you're talking about? and the Clairvoyant mod from Sleal16 is $280 not $500 (maybe thinking of the Gus mod)

#15872 19 days ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

I forgot that I already posted them. Here ya go!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club/page/124#post-5499282

#15873 17 days ago

Hey guys I have a small issue here - wondering if any of you have dealt with.

I recently got a ball stuck under the metal piece in the back loop (right next to the white lock post, between the bulls-eye target and jump ramp)

I pulled the ball out, and pushed the metal piece down but it doesn't seem to sit flush and has kind of crept back up. This part is supposed to be flat, right? I figured it was an extra piece of metal protection for the playfield after the ball hits the bullseye. I don't have another IMDN locally to check if the piece is supposed to lay flat or not.

Just seems like any ball taking the orbit to the right of the right ramp will hit the metal and potentially get stuck again under it or get damage the ball going right to left.

Any ideas? This is the premium (I assume this piece is on the pro too). Picture of the ball stuck and the metal piece I'm talking about.

IMG_2009 (resized).jpegIMG_2009 (resized).jpegIMG_2012 (resized).jpegIMG_2012 (resized).jpeg
#15874 17 days ago
Quoted from 11strings:

I recently got a ball stuck under the metal piece in the back loop (right next to the white lock post, between the bulls-eye target and jump ramp)
I pulled the ball out, and pushed the metal piece down but it doesn't seem to sit flush and has kind of crept back up. This part is supposed to be flat, right? I figured it was an extra piece of metal protection for the playfield after the ball hits the bullseye. I don't have another IMDN locally to check if the piece is supposed to lay flat or not.
Just seems like any ball taking the orbit to the right of the right ramp will hit the metal and potentially get stuck again under it or get damage the ball going right to left.
Any ideas? This is the premium (I assume this piece is on the pro too). Picture of the ball stuck and the metal piece I'm talking about.[quoted image][quoted image]

Just had the same happen recently. I believe some type of adhesive is holding it down, I just gave it some firm pressure and it has seemed to stay. Time will tell, if it happens again I’ll try and get something tacky under it for a permanent fix.
HTH

#15875 17 days ago
Quoted from 11strings:

Any ideas? This is the premium (I assume this piece is on the pro too). Picture of the ball stuck and the metal piece I'm talking about.[quoted image][quoted image]

It's a shitty metal protector that eventually curls up due to the ball pounding it when it drops from the ramp, Cliffy does a carbon fiber replacement, I've had no issues since I installed his.

#15876 17 days ago
Quoted from Hammer3246:

It's a shitty metal protector that eventually curls up due to the ball pounding it when it drops from the ramp, Cliffy does a carbon fiber replacement, I've had no issues since I installed his.

Pull it out and get the cliffy or other replacement.Many posts on this issue in the thread.

#15877 17 days ago

Thanks guys - I'll look into getting a cliffy

#15878 17 days ago
Quoted from 11strings:

Thanks guys - I'll look into getting a cliffy

Don’t hesitate, the wait is measured in months!

#15879 17 days ago
Quoted from AssaultSuit:

Don’t hesitate, the wait is measured in months!

u may be surprised! carbon fiber is kinda quick, ive found!

#15880 17 days ago
Quoted from TheBananaPeel69:

I got mine in less than a week.

#15881 17 days ago

Good to know. I ordered a full set for IMDN and I'm expecting a couple more months or so.

#15882 17 days ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

Pull it out and get the cliffy or other replacement.Many posts on this issue in the thread.

Yes, I know.

#15883 17 days ago

I quoted the wrong post,Doh

#15884 17 days ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

link to the one you're talking about? and the Clairvoyant mod from Sleal16 is $280 not $500 (maybe thinking of the Gus mod)

I see it in previous posts

screenshot_990 (resized).jpgscreenshot_990 (resized).jpg
#15885 17 days ago
Quoted from Edster:

I see it in previous posts[quoted image]

That is a mass-produced figurine made by Incendium. Used to be able to pick those up cheap.

#15886 17 days ago

I’m going off memory here
But I think The orb portion was a DIY using some orb bought online, drilling the plastic and pushing the LED up into that orb.

The figurine is part of the iron maiden Legacy of the Beast game figurine mystery egg set, or something like that, which I think is discontinued.

Quoted from Edster:

I see it in previous posts[quoted image]

A7F7E150-0E03-4D1C-86E8-C22E0646A49E (resized).jpegA7F7E150-0E03-4D1C-86E8-C22E0646A49E (resized).jpeg
#15887 17 days ago

Yeah just get the clairvoyant from cheeko's mods. It's fantastic, way better scale than the little one.

#15888 16 days ago

Hey all, been trying to get my plunge consistency good. I got a demo pro with less than 500 plays on it. Once I put about 100 plays on it, I started getting auto plunge issues but manual was fine. Read the key posts, tried changing plunge power, ended up adjusting the guiderail curve and now the auto is working pretty fair, but a full power manual launch knocks the upper flipper. I find it hard to believe they used a wood screw on the only support for that metal launch rail. It actually cracked/chipped some of my clear when it came off the playfield.

My questions are. Has anyone tried installing a threaded insert to replace the screw with a bolt?
Secondly, in the key posts, someone mentions to replace the bushings on the pivot shaft. I tried searching for these but couldn’t find any. Can anyone help out with a link to that part?

Cheers.

#15889 16 days ago
Quoted from nickrivers:

Hey all, been trying to get my plunge consistency good. I got a demo pro with less than 500 plays on it. Once I put about 100 plays on it, I started getting auto plunge issues but manual was fine. Read the key posts, tried changing plunge power, ended up adjusting the guiderail curve and now the auto is working pretty fair, but a full power manual launch knocks the upper flipper. I find it hard to believe they used a wood screw on the only support for that metal launch rail. It actually cracked/chipped some of my clear when it came off the playfield.
My questions are. Has anyone tried installing a threaded insert to replace the screw with a bolt?
Secondly, in the key posts, someone mentions to replace the bushings on the pivot shaft. I tried searching for these but couldn’t find any. Can anyone help out with a link to that part?
Cheers.

those are called nyliners. see part numbers from manual

IMG_5346 (resized).pngIMG_5346 (resized).png
#15890 16 days ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

Yeah just get the clairvoyant from cheeko's mods. It's fantastic, way better scale than the little one.

yeah i am allready waiting for his next run for the clairvoyant.

#15891 16 days ago

imdn is coming to my brothers house this weekend and ill be dialing it in for him.

besides the bushings and coil potentially for autoplunge, cliffy for the orbit, coil stops n sleeves, any other small widgets i should buy in advance?

#15892 16 days ago

those are called nyliners. see part numbers from manual[quoted image]

Thanks man, I knew I was missing the nomenclature.

#15893 16 days ago

imdn is coming to my brothers house this weekend and ill be dialing it in for him.
besides the bushings and coil potentially for autoplunge, cliffy for the orbit, coil stops n sleeves, any other small widgets i should buy in advance?

Balls, pawl screws & plastic protectors (purple)

#15894 16 days ago
Quoted from acedanger:

Balls, pawl screws & plastic protectors (purple)

ill get purped out. thanks

#15895 16 days ago

it is interesting to see the progression of the Elwin games; like iron maiden i think he went for more conventional and basic pin although is has alot of unique aspects to it; I loved AIQ but i couldn't deal with AIQ pre that marvel ramp had me doing maintenance to keep it shooting well every 8-10 hours of play so i plan on still getting a pro; I thinik Aiq is his most complicated game and IMDN his most straight forward and simple;

will be interesting to see where his new game jaws fits in his current list of pins...

#15896 13 days ago

Allright. Bring me my game. I'm ready.

20240503_111240 (resized).jpg20240503_111240 (resized).jpg
#15897 13 days ago
Quoted from cybevenom:

Allright. Bring me my game. I'm ready.
[quoted image]

sooo cringe each time i see the face of the pharaoh... looks like a monkfish! Very badly sculpted ( the rest looks nice )

#15898 13 days ago
Quoted from Days:

sooo cringe each time i see the face of the pharaoh... looks like a monkfish! Very badly sculpted ( the rest looks nice )

This is better!!

Pinside_forum_8157101_0 (resized).jpgPinside_forum_8157101_0 (resized).jpg
#15899 12 days ago
Quoted from Days:

I disagree on “the rest looks nice”. Lior has made some very impressive stuff, but this thing is a fail for several reasons.

#15900 12 days ago

anyone have a mild flipper hop on their machine? any suggestions?

Added 10 days ago:

got it fixed. simple ball guide issue

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 132.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Wanted
Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 55.00
Playfield - Protection
Tucson Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

7,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
St. Charles, IL
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 15,977 posts in this topic. You are on page 318 of 320.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club/page/318 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.