(Topic ID: 339175)

What is the worst pinball machine you have ever owned?

By DanMarino

11 months ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 342 posts
  • 219 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 months ago by jgreene
  • Topic is favorited by 23 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

1a90b2505704354ce1981f34a995765554cbe656 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_3343[1] (resized).JPG
IMG_8290 (resized).jpeg
20180427_203724 (resized).jpg
20180427_203705 (resized).jpg
IMG_7210 (resized).jpeg
dredd-burn.gif
IMG_0256 (resized).jpeg
sf2 small (resized).jpg
D80EFC91-5CB2-4FBE-AF87-A5FB660D1E1A (resized).jpeg
IMG_8242 (resized).jpeg
There are 342 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 7.
#201 11 months ago
Quoted from splattii:

Williams 'Space Lab'. Game was so boring they probably could have made it without flippers.... I guess I should have known better but it was $100 and someone 5 houses down the street was selling it

Well, then, you kinda had to do it.....nobody here blames you.

#202 11 months ago

Clunkers for me, and mostly because of the sound packages - Dr Who and Cybernaut.

Ended up shutting off the sound on both whenever I played them, though I like how Dr Who played for the most part.

#203 11 months ago

Man, lots of hate for JD. I really liked it and would own it again.

I've enjoyed every game I've owned, but some have left quicker than others. 48 games in and out, Freddy and RFM didn't last long.

#204 11 months ago

Two-way tie for me.

Strange Science - Wanted one for years because of its aesthetics. Theme, art, sound, topper, even the clever see-through apron, it all seemed so cool. Shopped it out, played it for about a week, couldn't get rid of it fast enough. Horrible shooting layout with even worse rules.

Vector - Local friend was selling one for a good price. I thought sure, why not? Played it enough to get the gist, and again, couldn't get rid of it fast enough. Taught me the lesson that most multi-level games just plain suck.

#205 11 months ago

Who Dunnit didnt last long -

No Fear holds the record though, 3 days.

#206 11 months ago

Sega MS Frankenstein

#207 11 months ago

Theatre of Magic. Lasted about 2 months. Actually like the gameplay, but could not stand the sound track... "your amazing", :shoot for the magic trunk".... over and over

#208 11 months ago

Probably Elektra... I really tried, because there were many aspects I thought were neat... but was happy to move it along.

#209 11 months ago

owned - TMNT Premium, my first purchase based on theme/art package and YT vids. won't be making that mistake again. (it's not a horrible game by any stretch, but not something i have interest in playing ever again. i think i just don't like most borgs tbh.)

played - once again, not in the bottom 10% by any stretch, but Ultraman (Standard Edition) just did not click with me to the point of it sticking out in my head. probably followed by Street Fighter II and The Flintstones.

#210 11 months ago

The Munsters and Nascar. I had a TMNT pro. Great playing game, but the call outs and attract modes are geared for 10 year olds. Adios.

#211 11 months ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

The Munsters and Nascar. I had a TMNT pro. Great playing game, but the call outs and attract modes are geared for 10 year olds.

Unlike say...the rock band KISS?

#212 11 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Unlike say...the rock band KISS?

Oh, I don't know. The last concert I was at for them looked like the 50 and over crowd to me. Surprised you don't like them? Just a couple of old NY Jews up on stage in heels and more make up than momma wears!

#213 11 months ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

Oh, I don't know. The last concert I was at for them looked like the 50 and over crowd to me. Surprised you don't like them? Just a couple of old NY Jews up on stage in heels and more make up than momma wears!

Who said I didn't like KISS?

Saw them in Amsterdam last month!

IMG_7210 (resized).jpegIMG_7210 (resized).jpeg
#215 11 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Who said I didn't like KISS?
Saw them in Amsterdam last month![quoted image]

Now THAT'S funny!

#216 11 months ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Now THAT'S funny!

It sure is!

You definitely need to embrace your inner 10-year old to enjoy a Kiss show, and it doesn't hurt to check your brain at the door.

Much like owning a TMNT pinball machine!

#217 11 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It sure is!
You definitely need to embrace your inner 10-year old to enjoy a Kiss show, and it doesn't hurt to check your brain at the door.
Much like owning a TMNT pinball machine!

I used to be in a KISS tribute band!

20180427_203705 (resized).jpg20180427_203705 (resized).jpg20180427_203724 (resized).jpg20180427_203724 (resized).jpg
#218 11 months ago
Quoted from pinzrfun:

I used to be in a KISS tribute band![quoted image][quoted image]

Dude; that's fuckign awesome.

#219 11 months ago
Quoted from pinzrfun:I used to be in a KISS tribute band![quoted image][quoted image]

You guys seriously look like the real thing.

Did being "Ace" make you feel any dumber? He ain't so bright!

#220 11 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You guys seriously look like the real thing.
Did being "Ace" make you feel any dumber? He ain't so bright!

lol.......well, he's one rich mo fo, so he's one up on me.....

#221 11 months ago
Quoted from pinzrfun:

Very interesting, my buddy Paul Vege(RIP) used to have a KISS tribute band named KISS'd here in Illinois. His Ace Frehley was Shannon Gillette.

#222 11 months ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

Very interesting, my buddy Paul Vege(RIP) used to have a KISS tribute band named KISS'd here in Illinois. His Ace Frehley was Shannon Gillette.

I think our Paul Stanley was named Paul, but I honestly dont remember their names, it was over 30 years ago.

I do know he was THE most conceited person I have ever met, and I've met some doozies. He thought he really WAS Paul Stanley.

Sorry for the loss of your friend -

#223 11 months ago
Quoted from pinzrfun:

lol.......well, he's one rich mo fo, so he's one up on me.....

What's up with your guitar? A generic Les Paul knockoff?

Did you get that because you needed one (since you were Ace?)

#224 11 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Google is your friend, right?

It's a Hondo. From the good ol' "Lawsuit Era".

#225 11 months ago
Quoted from newovad:

Google is your friend, right?
It's a Hondo. From the good ol' "Lawsuit Era".

Google may be your friend but my eyesight isn't mine.

Good on you for being able to read "hondo" on that headstock!

#226 11 months ago

Can't speak for their Les Paul "Tribute," but I have a Hondo Chiquita that I'll own for the rest of my life

#227 11 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yeah, borrowed it from my bass player in another band I was in at the time. Didn't have the $ for a real Gibson at the time.

#228 11 months ago

Short term I owned a Lethal Weapon 3 for less than a week and it was gone. I owned almost every major WPC and WPC95 title for at least 6 months. ToM lasted one month and then gone. Just not fun at all. The worst game I ever had long term was WoZ. Worst NIB quality, came out of the box with more problems than all the Sterns I ever unboxed combined. Broke down almost every time it was played for the first year. On top of that it is clunky, has god awful sounds and is simply no fun to play. Aside from those things it was ok I suppose! I did eventually get it bulletproof and its next home enjoyed it for a long time without issues.

#229 10 months ago
Quoted from pinzrfun:

NICE!!

As a drummer, I think Peter Criss rules. I had a huge Pearl fiberglass concert tom kit back in the day that was very similar to his setup. One of my all-time favorite rock drummers.

#230 10 months ago

Black Rose. Hideous artwork, ugly colors, call outs bad, and a hulk of a handsome woman as the centerpiece of the back glass. Just trash.

#231 10 months ago

I feel honored. Out of the 20+ games I have, none of them were mentioned.

#232 10 months ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

Black Rose. Hideous artwork, ugly colors, call outs bad, and a hulk of a handsome woman as the centerpiece of the back glass. Just trash.

Her arm bothers me way more than Nedry’s hands.

IMG_8290 (resized).jpegIMG_8290 (resized).jpeg
#233 10 months ago

I tell myself it's the ones I sold so I don't miss them so much

#234 10 months ago
Quoted from Trail-Rider:

I feel honored. Out of the 20+ games I have, none of them were mentioned.

The 1st machine mentioned was WCS and that game is great! This thread has some weird choices, but to each their own.

#235 10 months ago

Grand Prix(70's EM)

#236 10 months ago

Anyone ever owned a Genesis? I've always wanted one, but I'm wondering if the gameplay comes up short of the amazing backglass....

#237 10 months ago
Quoted from elcolonel:

Grand Prix(70's EM)

No love for its dual spinner "bandolero" bonus scoring layout?!

#238 10 months ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

No love for its dual spinner "bandolero" bonus scoring layout?!

Looking at his collection I'm guessing he's not an EM guy.

#239 10 months ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Anyone ever owned a Genesis? I've always wanted one, but I'm wondering if the gameplay comes up short of the amazing backglass....

One of the wood choppiest stop & stops you'll ever play.

#240 10 months ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

#241 10 months ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Her arm bothers me way more than Nedry’s hands.[quoted image]

Oh, man. How have I never noticed that? Yikes!

#242 10 months ago
Quoted from 30FathomDave:

Oh, man. How have I never noticed that?

I think I know the reason actually

#243 10 months ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

True. Also, weirdly, great fun

#244 10 months ago
Quoted from jitneystand1:

True. Also, weirdly, great fun

It is, and cranking this PF multipliers up higher than SW is a good time; but I can't imagine owning it.

#245 10 months ago

Stern Catacomb for me.
Very subjective of course (theme is Cool and it's a beautiful pin) but I found the gameplay dumb and the bagatelle idiotic.

Sold it after a few months... to find it the year after at a competition in Belgium (EPC) among the classics. It kicked my ass again.

#246 10 months ago
Quoted from Nintegageo:

The 1st machine mentioned was WCS and that game is great! This thread has some weird choices, but to each their own.

keep in mind it is relative to other games owned. Most of us try to buy games we like, so worst owned can still be a good game. I said Jackbot, not saying it is a bad game, but ranks worst, to me, among the games I’ve owned.

#247 10 months ago

Not sure if anybody has thrown LAH into the mix yet, but that game is terrible.

One of the biggest cases of "less than the sum of its parts" in pinball.

Yeah, it's got a ton of expensive crap crammed into it but the layout is very poor. Drainy, those dumb giant holes at the top of the playfield, bad geometry leads to ball getting hung up on ramp.

It's just not a fun game to play. You basically flail around for your first two balls and then try to have a good multiball ball 3.

Owned this one a few times and just couldn't get into it. Despite trying.

#248 10 months ago

HOBBIT. I spent more time moving it into my basement than playing it. Was bored after one long game. A close second was GNR. A beautiful game, but multi ball after multi ball after mutliball . . . . boring and such a waste of great assets.

#249 10 months ago

Glad some people like it.

Hate hate hate hate Monopoly.

#250 10 months ago

Hurricane. Abysmal game. Bought it in the initial collector fever of going from 0-5 games within two months.

Awful awful game. Shots that aren't satisfying, everything about the game is slow from the long ramps, to the Farris wheel, to the juggler mech, to spinning a pointless wheel during mystery awards. The rules are hot trash. Start a multiball then get a random playfield X based on how long your multiball was (so immediately trap up in MB to extend your playfield X). It's like the game knows it's bad and is giving you reasons to not do anything while playing it.

The callouts are hot garbage, the music is grating, and it being an early DMD showed with poor animations (with the exception of the Absolutely Nothing award)

They were too cheap to even put lights in the pop bumpers

Hurricane is easily the worst WPC game

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanted
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

5,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Monmouth, OR
$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Horror Mods

4,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Nashua, NH
$ 229.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

There are 342 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-the-worst-pinball-machine-you-have-ever-owned/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.