IMG_3823 (resized).JPEG
D4E13F52-841F-4374-8897-74515BC26BD8 (resized).jpeg
storm blasters graphic promo (resized).png
Screenshot 2022-01-30 at 16.29.34 (resized).png
ww complete (resized).jpg
ww panel (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2021-09-17 at 13.14.11 (resized).png
20210913_221400 (resized).jpg
There are 475 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 10.
#451 1 year ago

Grannies?
Sludge Monsters?

huh?

#452 1 year ago
Quoted from yaksplat:

Grannies?
Sludge Monsters?
huh?

But no cows... strange , very strange

#453 1 year ago
Quoted from applejuice:

But no cows... strange , very strange

Or cats...

#454 1 year ago
Quoted from yaksplat:

Grannies?
Sludge Monsters?
huh?

Indeed. They have "Plants" and "Zombies", but then not together in favor of an altogether different "homage" of "Sludge vs Grannies" in the PvZ art style. Kinda funny they wanted to invoke licensing C&D's, but then do this end-run of their own. WTF? Nevermind the Simpsons donuts and aliens... There's like no cohesion there. What a mess. Shame that it's done so well otherwise.

applejuice original project may be going painfully slow but as I said in the Pedrettit reveal thread, his approach is much more authentic and worth the wait. Even the dot approach looks better IMO.

#455 1 year ago

Here is a small video of the attract mode with the new debris animation included in the main logo slide.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cr1DAxYoeYU

#456 1 year ago

Just ordered my Storm Blasters last week. Don't care for the 2.0. Not that I'm biased or anything lol.

#457 1 year ago

2.0 can eat it, where can I find purchase and install info for Storm Blasters?

#458 1 year ago

I’m also curious about this? ^^

#459 1 year ago

Oh my... WTF...
Seriously WTF...
What do ANY of those modes have to do with tornados, storms, whirlwinds, etc? I'm seriously sitting here right now just shaking my head.
Plus on top of it, they call the guy in the van StormBlasters?!?

I actually do like Funhouse 2.0.. but this?!?

wow... just wow...

#460 1 year ago

It's also worth noting that the WW 2.0 just announced doesn't have an auto launcher as part of the package, so I'm wondering how they're going to handle the extra 3 multiballs... Are every single one of them going to use the physical lock? And are they adding a ball save like in Storm Blasters? They can have a ball save for single ball play and it will be fine without an auto launcher, but if they want to have a save timer on multiballs, it really doesn't work without the launcher. I'd say that's another compelling plus on the side of Storm Blasters.

#461 1 year ago
Quoted from trecemaneras:

WW 2.0 just announced doesn't have an auto launcher

I think they will do it like in FH 2.0 : Cutting the knocker and using this solenoid driver to connect the autofire.
WW 2.0 looks much more professionel, a large team is working on Pedrettis enhancements. The sound and graphics are stunning. BUT YES: This has nothing to do with WhiWi ... also on the video the voice from FH Rudy is wrong on that place.

I had Stormblaster and FH 2.0 in the past but both were sold after a while. The original still rulezzz for me.

#462 1 year ago
Quoted from TomDK:

I think they will do it like in FH 2.0 : Cutting the knocker and using this solenoid driver to connect the autofire.
WW 2.0 looks much more professionel, a large team is working on Pedrettis enhancements. The sound and graphics are stunning. BUT YES: This has nothing to do with WhiWi ... also on the video the voice from FH Rudy is wrong on that place.
I had Stormblaster and FH 2.0 in the past but both were sold after a while. The original still rulezzz for me.

Well its sure gonna be interesting to see how they handle the system 11 ac relay's coils/flashers and how 'professional' their attempt is once its in games. I'm just not a fan of donuts and grannies when i want to be chasing storms...

My hardware board has 8 additional drivers built in, ready for add ons, the auto launcher being 1 of them, so we don't lose any original functionality. Reusing the knocker driver for other things is just lazy if indeed that is what they did. Maybe they did it correctly.. Whirlwind as a game is pretty maxed out on the original system 11 board, so much that williams had to make another 'overlay board' to add 5 extra drives in the original

1 week later
#463 1 year ago

Hello everyone! The conversion to the Stormblaster set is almost complete. However, I would like to ask where which switch on the schooterlane has to be placed. Since I'm a beginner and have little experience, pictures here would be very helpful! Thanks in advance for any help! Greets

#464 1 year ago
Quoted from Waltergym:

Hello everyone! The conversion to the Stormblaster set is almost complete. However, I would like to ask where which switch on the schooterlane has to be placed. Since I'm a beginner and have little experience, pictures here would be very helpful! Thanks in advance for any help! Greets

Have you checked the shared area?, i sent a link. There is alot of info on there and pics, docs for install etc. There should not be any additional switches needed other than the regular shooter lane switch. We maintain 'factory' in every way possible.

2 weeks later
#465 11 months ago

I do like the option 2.0 have of playing the original code or the new one.
Is that something you could add applejuice or maybe you already have, I haven’t kept fully up to date

#466 11 months ago

I think that's an item that many of us would like, but I don't believe that applejuice has it on his roadmap for this project.

7 months later
#467 4 months ago

Who's got any reviews on this Stormblasters kit?! It's been a while since anyone has posted and have wondered how many kits are out there and how it's been holding up.

4 months later
#468 13 days ago

back at creating some new graphics for whirlwind display additions

IMG_3402 (resized).JPGIMG_3402 (resized).JPG

concept for new truck interior from the 80s with radar addition
we are working out the best way to translate this to the small 128x32 pixel size, possibly using a zoom to the radar screen
will be for use when chasing the storm direction arrows etc

#469 13 days ago

Dude, We just want to see a finished product already!!

wake-me-up-4e712ddb0c (resized).jpgwake-me-up-4e712ddb0c (resized).jpg
#470 12 days ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Dude, We just want to see a finished product already!![quoted image]

lol, you miss the point of this thread then

#471 12 days ago

I work on many things so update on here as I go. Kits are available to whoever wants one

#472 11 days ago
Quoted from applejuice:

lol, you miss the point of this thread then

That's fair! I definitely commend your effort and have enjoyed following along. I apologize for the last post I made. i was trying for humor but It definitely seems more harsh than i intended it to. Cheers

#473 11 days ago

applejuice Can you restate what's included in the kit, for what price and what we need to obtain on our own? I went back thru the thread and I know things have changed quite a bit in 9 years . Didn't find a clear answer. Some people with other projects have gone and edited the first point in the thread also to clarify the current scenario so that's just a thought.

Thanks again for the details.
Jaz

#474 7 days ago

Sorry if we missed it, are these for sale yet? Any links to the add or where they are available

#475 5 days ago

Summary info as of may 2024 is:

All my products are and will be available directly from my site here:

https://mypinballs.com
https://mypinballs.com/electronics/store.jsp

Shipping worldwide for the last 12+ years! New products get added as they are completed and stock is available.

- Assembled boards are in the works and will be available hopefully later in the year. Will be added to my store once available.
- No pre-ordering for anything and no money upfront for anything. This is the same for all my stuff. I dont want the hassle of holding peoples money ahead of time.
- Self assembly kits are available currently, as they haven been for a few years now. Self assembly kits are cheaper than assembled ones for obvious reasons.
- Contact me via DM if you want prices and availability, more details etc. Listing prices on pinside isn't happening, as its just another place to have to update things when costs change (Which happens alot in todays world). As a guide though, the fully assembled kits still aim to be under the £1k mark by quite a way.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bakersfield, CA
$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

There are 475 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 10.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whirlwind-software-rewrite-the-journey/page/10 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.