Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 27 posts
  • 23 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by tomdrum
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

ezgif-7-fafba7c57419-2652274513.gif
    #1 3 months ago

Someone payed over $5900 for an unshopped South Park at a auction in eastern PA.

#2 3 months ago

One idiot doesn’t reverse the trend over the last 12 months.

#3 3 months ago
    Quoted from Pinsforfun:

Someone payed over $5900 for an unshopped South Park at a auction in eastern PA.

People have paid over $10,000 for stupid titles at auction. Auctions show the true nature of humans. It shows our ego's and how much we are willing to lose to feel better than others. When there is a bidding war at an auction, it's not about facts or common sense, it's about beating the other person. People get carried away.

Basically, Auctions don't dictate market value. South Park is still a pretty bad game worth about $4000-4,500. Also that buyer is an idiot, 13% on top of that $5900 is gonna hurt when they realize it.

#4 3 months ago

Ya some Auctions most over pay and a very few u get a good deal for it as I did one time but doesn’t mean prices are going up pinball is like houses when they go up pinball does as well in the last year it was that way but not always

#5 3 months ago

Pin prices in general are dropping, but idiocy is a constant.

#6 3 months ago

Auction prices are skewed.

#7 3 months ago

Oh a price thread? DOH

ezgif-7-fafba7c57419-2652274513.gifezgif-7-fafba7c57419-2652274513.gif

#8 3 months ago
    Quoted from pokerag2:

Auction prices are skewed.

U always way over pay on a auction most times depends how bad everyone wants that game they suck most times

#9 3 months ago
    Quoted from Pinsforfun:

And a fully working, clean Mando Pro went without any buyers or even any lowball offers for $5K up here. Your point?

#10 3 months ago

I’m hiding before CrazyLevi sees this thread!

#11 3 months ago

I just bought a Tmnt pro for 4500. I hope prices go even lower

#12 3 months ago
    Quoted from Coz:

Yes pins are down here in Canada also everywhere same

#13 3 months ago

Flick says he saw some grizzly bears near Pulaski's candy store

#14 3 months ago
    Quoted from Coz:

Yeah, will you take $2k for it? HUO or routed? Big difference there.

#15 3 months ago

It appears that it’s only prices for titles i’m not interested in owning are in decline. If it’s a game i want, they will hold their high market values and prevent me from owning it. This power is unwieldy, i never asked for this.

#16 3 months ago
    Quoted from Completist:

It appears that it’s only prices for titles i’m not interested in owning are in decline. If it’s a game i want, they will hold their high market values and prevent me from owning it. This power is unwieldy, i never asked for this.

Truth!

#17 3 months ago
    Quoted from Completist:It appears that it’s only prices for titles i’m not interested in owning are in decline. If it’s a game i want, they will hold their high market values and prevent me from owning it. This power is unwieldy, i never asked for this.

Yes very true high end pins go up and the ones I want too drop

#18 3 months ago
    Quoted from Pinsforfun:

A quick power analysis has determined your data set has not met the minimum sample size to support your confidence interval.

#19 3 months ago

He probably felt comfortable overspending because he stayed at a Holiday Inn last night.

#20 3 months ago

This thread presents a novel opportunity to discuss pinball prices and for that I am grateful.

#21 3 months ago

In general buying at a auction you going to over pay. Between Price run up to high by green horns and then slap of fees. Makes it almost not worth going to the auctions. Look at ebay stupid price + for some times beaters. Are prices going down yes the hair cut we expect no.

#22 3 months ago
    Quoted from Pinsforfun:

Sounds like money laundering

#23 3 months ago

There's a lot of these threads out there. It would have been better to comment on one of those than start this whole cycle again.

#24 3 months ago
    Quoted from WalrusPin:

There's a lot of these threads out there. It would have been better to comment on one of those than start this whole cycle again.

Ironically, when people have tried this in the past the threads were quickly filled with "Not another thread! This is dumb!" posts instead of just pointing to another thread. Which creates activity, draws even more people in, and perpetuates the cycle of newly "active" price threads instead of established ones.

Hey look! Here's one now, OP:
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-pinball-price-discussion-thread

#25 3 months ago

DOWN WITH THE PRICES!!! YEAHHH!!!

Well not the pins i currently own, that goes against my interests. But the games i want to buy, where are those MET pro's for $4500?!?! Anyone got a Deadpool for $5,000? NOPE.

#26 3 months ago

Ultraman CEs for 5,000 everywhere!

#27 3 months ago

I guess I won't bring any games to sell at Pinfest since it's been deemed the market is so far down.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-says-prices-are-dropping and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.