(Topic ID: 347676)

Will a stern Godzilla fit in a 2021 Acadia?

By rottenrobert1313

5 months ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 5 months ago

My friend is trying to buy his first newer stern and he has a 2021 Acadia. Just wondering if anyone else has one and used it to move a game. He says the opening of the hatch is 30 inches top to bottom. When I measure my game it's 24 for the cab and 8 for the head when folded so 32. I've heard of removing the hinge bolts to slide the head down a bit to get more clearance, but was hoping someone might actually know before we take a 6 hour road trip.

Thanks in advance.

#2 5 months ago
Quoted from rottenrobert1313:

My friend is trying to buy his first newer stern and he has a 2021 Acadia. Just wondering if anyone else has one and used it to move a game. He says the opening of the hatch is 30 inches top to bottom. When I measure my game it's 24 for the cab and 8 for the head when folded so 32. I've heard of removing the hinge bolts to slide the head down a bit to get more clearance, but was hoping someone might actually know before we take a 6 hour road trip.
Thanks in advance.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vehicles-that-a-pinball-machine-fits-in
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vehicles-that-a-pinball-machine-fits-in?tq=acadia&tu=

I don't know if the Acadia has had a model revision since the posts in the above threads, but the Acadia seems to be a very good pin hauler. Some SUVs get more "streamlined" in a model revision which can sometimes slope the roofline in the back for aerodynamics/MPG, but I highly doubt the Acadia couldn't fit a modern Stern, which I think requires 29"...??? The head folds down a bit down the PF, so it's not a full 24" + 8". You get a bit back due to the geometry of the backbox and cabinet being trapezoidal.

In fact, I was buying a game from a Pinsider from PA and he was doing a trade with a Pinsider in CT, so we all met there. When he got there I was wondering where my pin was (it was a Time Fantasy, so think removable head). He opened his Acadia trunk and there there was a DE POTO looking at me. I looked at both guys and asked where my Time Fantasy was. The seller from PA was like "we got to get the other pin out". Sure enough I looked past the other game and there was my Time Fantasy sitting sideways in the Acadia. So not only can you probably fit a pin in a newer Acadia, there's also a chance you can fit a SECOND early SS game in there as well going sideways!

#4 5 months ago

They are a little smaller now with the newer versions.

Yes , I remembered that difference when measuring. I had just forgotten about it. I could tell when I measured it would be slightly less then 32 with the head down. I appreciate the quick response and I'll let him know. I think it will be fine. Thanks again.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 575.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling

€ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

5,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Land O' Lakes, FL
$ 35.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Side Gig Studios

$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 74.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Allen Park, MI
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 17.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lermods

$ 80.00
Lighting - Backbox
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 2.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Chrome Candy

5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Waco, TX
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/will-a-stern-godzilla-fit-in-a-2021-acadia- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.