Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1070 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1071 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1072 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
#1 18 days ago

recently moved this machine and now it’s continuing to reset upon pressing start button. Some of the score reels on P2 are going past 0 but eventually do reset. Even after that though, the game continues to reset something underneath and only a tilt will stop it. Any suggestions on where to start looking for fixes?

#2 18 days ago
Quoted from Lanust:

Some of the score reels on P2 are going past 0 but eventually do reset

These 2 switches, one on P2 1k, and one on P2 10k, are gapped too close.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#3 18 days ago
Quoted from Lanust:

the game continues to reset something underneath and only a tilt will stop it.

The reset cycle is listed on page 5 of the manual. Exactly how far is it getting?
https://www.ipdb.org/files/2253/Williams_1976_Space_Mission_Instruction_Manual_Jan_1976_no_schematics.pdf

#4 18 days ago

Here is the gapping on the 1000s switch of p2. Not super familiar with what I’m looking for though.

IMG_1070 (resized).jpegIMG_1070 (resized).jpegIMG_1071 (resized).jpegIMG_1071 (resized).jpegIMG_1072 (resized).jpegIMG_1072 (resized).jpeg
#5 18 days ago

The more pressing problem is the unending clacking afterward that comes from the dials underneath the playfield. Long after the score reels have finished their resetting themselves. Basically the last 10 seconds of the video

#6 18 days ago
Quoted from Lanust:

Here is the gapping on the 1000s switch of p2. Not super familiar with what I’m looking for though.

If you look at working drum units (score reels), you should find that when on zero, all 3 switches are open.

Quoted from Lanust:

The more pressing problem is the unending clacking afterward that comes from the dials underneath the playfield. Long after the score reels have finished their resetting themselves. Basically the last 10 seconds of the video

That's why I made my second post above, about how far it's getting in the reset sequence.

#7 18 days ago

It seems like it’s getting to the final step of the reset, where the kick out is continuously firing.

#8 18 days ago

The outhole switch sounds like it’s closed all the time. Keeping the outhole kicker firing. Check and adjust switch. I also heard a chime, that could mean that a playfield switch is closed.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oceanside, NY
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist

$ 4.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-space-mission-continuous-reset and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.