2012-10-04_22.15.30_(Large).jpg
CIMG1371.JPG
IMG_1321.JPG
IMG_1318.JPG
IMG_1319.JPG
IMG_1320.JPG
IMG_1310.JPG
IMG_1312.JPG
There are 842 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 17.
#801 11 years ago

It looks like every time I hit a flipper, left or right one, it makes my slingshot bumpers fire.

Man I am so sick of the problems with this pin.

#802 11 years ago

Loosen the rubber rings on the slings. This is a very common problem when the rubbers are too tight.

Quoted from cscmtp:

It looks like every time I hit a flipper, left or right one, it makes my slingshot bumpers fire.

#803 11 years ago
Quoted from Paisley_Pinball:

I updated my code to 1.21 as soon as i got my LE game.
It doesnt seem to notice that a ball is in the scoop during modes and villain select. During normal play however the scoop works fine. This makes me think it is a software problem.
Any one else have this?

Eric

I had a long, 3 hour battle with this switch. It would work when i took it out and tested it (with a DMM and everything), but when it went back in it would not register any more. Eventually, after some swearing I replaced it and it works fine now. All the same, its not very good that it was faulty in the first place. I wouldn't expect a new cars indicators not to work.

I also have a Magneto magnet that seems to rattle when it activates. I emailed Pat Powers about this and he said that there is no need to worry.

Eric

#804 11 years ago
Quoted from Paisley_Pinball:

I also have a Magneto magnet that seems to rattle when it activates. I emailed Pat Powers about this and he said that there is no need to worry.
Eric

He didn't mention putting an e-clip in the motor to try to take some of the play out of it? That is what a lot of people have done to quiet down the thumping magnet.

Page 6 and 7 of this thread describes the size of e-clip and pics of where it should go.

#805 11 years ago

holy cow that was an easy fix! Thanks that worked great. I've never had that happen before.

#806 11 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

This is a common issue with pinballs in general not a problem with your xmen. Your switch is so close that the vibration from the flipper coil firing fires the sling. Loosening the runner or adjusting the switch is the fix. People should understand that owning a pinball machine requires so maintenance and tweaking. There are a lot of valid issues in this thread but also a lot of issues that are things anyone owning a pinball should expect and know how to fix.

1 week later
#807 11 years ago

Sweet.

Had not played XMen in a long while. Had people over last night for poker. Decided I would grab the latest code and wow some of my buds who had not seen the pin yet.

Decided to play one game before putting the new code on. Scored 22 million, yay! Sat on the couch and channel surfed a bit, then heard both NC's pop up. WTF? Weird.

Can anyone guess what I discovered when I went to play another game?

Both NC's fuses blown (one is black as can be) and F7 blown. Now I get to wait for another board (will be on board #3).

Le sigh. Wonder if my distributor gives refunds?

1 month later
#808 11 years ago

I was doing something on my XM when this caught my eye. Bottom of p/f you can see where the clear coat/varnish is already lifting. Not happy as only played 100 games. I could cover it with hard as nails?

Do I make an issue of this or is this what we have to expect from Stern??

Interested in opinions as my 16 yr old SS doesn't have this problem after 1000's of games!!

IMG_6973.JPGIMG_6973.JPG

#809 11 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

I was doing something on my XM when this caught my eye. Bottom of p/f you can see where the clear coat/varnish is already lifting. Not happy as only played 100 games. I could cover it with hard as nails?
Do I make an issue of this or is this what we have to expect from Stern??
Interested in opinions as my 16 yr old SS doesn't have this problem after 1000's of games!!

Mine is pretty wore there also. On both the top section where the ball drops in and also on the end where the roll in from the left. I don't notice any where at all there on my Black Spider-Man.

#810 11 years ago

It is little things like this that are making me hold back on another NIB. Even delayed code I can wait for but I would expect no wear here for a long time.

Another area that needs a cliffy! But don't think he does them.

#811 11 years ago

Mine has the same wear. I will be saying something to stern again. Lets see what they say.

#812 11 years ago

Another area that needs a cliffy! But don't think he does them.

A piece of mylar would be fine there. When you think about it, no one seems to complain that the Monster Pit Hole and Drac Trac get eaten to shreds in MB. Not to mention the kick out hole in TOTAN. But, we could name almost every game out there...wear near the RM in CV...etc...etc...etc.

#813 11 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

When you think about it, no one seems to complain that the Monster Pit Hole and Drac Trac get eaten to shreds in MB. Not to mention the kick out hole in TOTAN.

Those things happen after thousands of plays. Not hundreds.

#814 11 years ago
Quoted from smokedog:

Wear in the shooter lane on ACDC happened after under a 100 plays but all I ever hear about is how great the game is.

If you complain enough Stern will send you a new playfield...have fun changing it out.

#815 11 years ago
Quoted from smokedog:

Exactly.

Steels balls cause wear but not this soon. I could peel a layer off.

Guess mylar might help but not what I expect on a NIB pin - may as well go back to buying HUO for less bucks!

#816 11 years ago

Two problems making a protector for the outhole (which technically is the ONLY outhole by definition on any modern pinball machine)

#1 the protector edge would be facing uphill. This is generally a no-no as it can cause ball hangs. I generally will only make an uphill facing protector where I know the chance of a super slow roller doesn't exist, AFM sol, SS Spider, TZ Gumball.

#2 My attach method for an outhole protector would be my nifty spring clip under playfield tab which will not work where there is any mech that would mount flush to the bottom of the playfield right where my tab would go. The trough mech would push the protector upwards. No good

#817 11 years ago

Thanks for reply Cliffy. Shame but understand.

Just looked at my 1993 BSD. It has less wear in this area than my 100 plays of XM!! That can't be right, surely??

#818 11 years ago

The wear at the outhole is caused by bouncebacks. The ball is hitting the trough and bouncing back into the edge of the wood. I would be tempted to try a strip of Pinbits' "Dead Drop Foam" in the back of the outhole metal trough. This would hopefully stop the ball dead and not allow the bounce. Of course this would also kill any chance of a death save

http://www.pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=131

#819 11 years ago

Nice explanation Cliffy.

I had no idea what caused it.

Maybe I got unlucky as not hearing others with same complaint.....

#820 11 years ago

Maybe I got unlucky as not hearing others with same complaint.....

some just never look down there and some wouldn't think it's anything other than normal so would never complain. The only games in my collection that don't have wear there are ones I've swapped new playfields into and therefore not nearly as many games.

#821 11 years ago

My magnet in front of Wolverine is really starting to dimple bad. Do I replace it or can it be rised a little bit more to be leveled with the playfield.

wolve_magnet.jpgwolve_magnet.jpg

#822 11 years ago
Quoted from Donnyman:

My magnet in front of Wolverine is really starting to dimple bad. Do I replace it or can it be rised a little bit more to be leveled with the playfield.

You can replace it fairly easily. I took mine out, beveled it with Dremel to avoid mushrooming and polished it. Took about 30 minutes. Wasn't hard.

#823 11 years ago

Sweet thanks, ill do that

1 week later
#824 11 years ago

My X-Men LE has been working fine and the nightcrawlers worked fine up until this evening.

The scoop started NC mode and the left popped up. I hit it cleanly but did not go down. Right NC popped up and would not go down. I tested the NC target switches and they work.

In test the NC coils work to raise the NC. The coils that fire the latch to drop the NC do not work. All other coils work in test.

thoughts on whether this could be a board issue or fuse? or something else?

thanks,
Dave

#825 11 years ago

Got Magneto 123 this past on 12/19. Shaker installed.
A little disc vibration and noise but not bad yet.
After a few games and a power cycle half the DMD went out. A replacement should be here on XMas Eve.
tonight (12/23) a Magneto ball lock post launched like a rocket, (not easy to put back) so far no Wolverine or ramp issues.

Magneto seems to not lock 4 balls and often releases balls unexpectedly. Also, when balls do lock the Machine looses the ball and it goes into search mode until both balls are released.
Shooter lane is starting to chip and return is starting to lift.

Trying to get it right but my god, a NIB should not be this much trouble. Praying not to have the Aux card go out tomorrow so I can experience the DMD and hopefully new code.

#826 11 years ago

Magneto seems to not lock 4 balls and often releases balls unexpectedly. Also, when balls do lock the Machine looses the ball and it goes into search mode until both balls are released.

My guess is that this issue is caused by the rollover switch in the lock area needing adjustment. The switch may seem to test fine in the diagnostics menu, but here a really good way of checking it:

Lock one ball in the lock area and then open the coin door and go into the switch test. While in the switch test look and see which is the rollover switch. When you see which one is the rollover switch...flick the lock ball up into the lock area and let it come back down to the pins and rest. The idea here is to make sure that the game is always seeing that the switch is down when the ball is at rest on the pins in the lock. If that tests out fine...try adding another ball to the lock area and flicking them up again to test the same way....add another, ect...

I had the exact issue that you have described with the machine occasionally "losing" balls in the lock area and going into a ball search. Strangely enough for me it would only happen when a 2nd ball entered the lock area. 1 ball would sit on the switch fine, but when the 2nd ball would come in it would push the first one down just enough to open the switch (like a ball wasn't resting on it). I fixed this by putting a little more hump in the rollover wire a bit farther down.

I have heard others mention that the end of their rollover wire was actually getting caught on something under the playfield and it would occasionally make the switch get hung up and not detect the ball sitting on it. You might want to check into that also.

If the rollover always seem to detect the ball resting on it when it should....you may want to start looking into the opto switches in the lock.

I hope this helps.

#827 11 years ago

Stern hasn't said one word to me about the playfield wear. Going to email again after the holidays.

#828 11 years ago

i bought the magneto le and the build quility was shocking striped in leg bolts backbox trim 5mm too long one side wrong size bolts used to fix boards in backbox and backbox buldged damage to artwork and nightcrawlers stuck down
but stern were on the ball in getting this sorted sent me new art work and some goodies for the inconvinience
my spinning disk has also started banging is there a factory fix for this if not i can always just re bush it

#829 11 years ago
Quoted from Donnyman:

remove it turn it down on a lathe or clean it up with a file re fit and adjust

#830 11 years ago
Quoted from chris_brim:

i bought the magneto le and the build quility was shocking striped in leg bolts backbox trim 5mm too long one side wrong size bolts used to fix boards in backbox and backbox buldged damage to artwork and nightcrawlers stuck down
but stern were on the ball in getting this sorted sent me new art work and some goodies for the inconvinience
my spinning disk has also started banging is there a factory fix for this if not i can always just re bush it

I had a snag on the sticker on the inside of the backglass as well as as a leg that had scratches on it as it was not in the corrugated when shipped.

#831 11 years ago
Quoted from Donnyman:

Mine looks almost exactly like that. Problem is you can't get the magnet exactly level with the pf due to the threads being so wide on the core. You can get one side of the magnet perfectly level with the pf but the other side will be higher or lower. The core should be held in place with set screws in a different bracket type. Oh well.
Personally I'd rather have the core a hair higher than the pf so the pf doesn't get chewed up. Easier to replace a magnet core than a pf.
I also tried my fake mylar trick on that magnet as well but it got chewed to hell after a few games. I stopped worrying about it and just play the game now.

#832 11 years ago
Quoted from jackal2001:

I stopped worrying about it and just play the game now.

thats all we can do really, if the gameplay is there and nothing that effects the actual play is messed up just keep on playing. hope everyone's issues clear up, new code soon might fix some of them who knows?

2 months later
#833 11 years ago

I seem to have the rebound bumpers hitting the ball funny and the ball pops up and hits the glass on occasion. Anyone else experience this and is there a fix?

6 years later
#834 4 years ago

I have an issue with my machines where *sometimes* I will hit the magneto lock on the first ball and it will pause for a few seconds and then act as if I drained the ball losing my turn. It then ejects a 2nd ball for ball 2 and acts as if nothing happened and I can continue playing ball 2 all while keeping the first ball locked. This is an intermittent issue as it does not do this every time. Just looking for any ideas you guys may have..

#835 4 years ago

Trough opto board(s) is failing most likely.

Quoted from illiterate:

I have an issue with my machines where *sometimes* I will hit the magneto lock on the first ball and it will pause for a few seconds and then act as if I drained the ball losing my turn. It then ejects a 2nd ball for ball 2 and acts as if nothing happened and I can continue playing ball 2 all while keeping the first ball locked. This is an intermittent issue as it does not do this every time. Just looking for any ideas you guys may have..

6 months later
#836 4 years ago
Quoted from illiterate:

I have the same issue and it doesn't seem like an opto issue because it only happens if you lock right away on the first ball. If you have locked a ball in the other lock ramp it will not have an issue. It also doesn't happen on any ball except the first ball. If it were an opto issue it would happen on other balls and at bit more randomly. Has anybody discovered a fix for this?

#837 4 years ago

I also have this issue with Magneto locking my first ball.

#838 4 years ago
Quoted from tigzzz:

It also doesn't happen on any ball except the first ball. If it were an opto issue it would happen on other balls and at bit more randomly.

Not necessarily it still could be through opto issue when 3 balls are in there. It would be a good idea to test all through optos. Also try n test magneto switch. That would be where I’d start.

4 years later
#839 62 days ago

My X-men LE used to show an opening scene at the start of each new game. Now, it only will show an opening scene on the DMD before the first game that I play after turning it on. I'm not sure what happened, but I am looking for answers.

#840 61 days ago

The scene where Magneto is destroying whatever is 3 different scenes and is always just on the 1st ball.
Nuclear Sub, MRI building, and I forget it has a bunch of waving flags.

#841 60 days ago
Quoted from Donnyman:

The scene where Magneto is destroying whatever is 3 different scenes and is always just on the 1st ball.
Nuclear Sub, MRI building, and I forget it has a bunch of waving flags.

I noticed it went away after upgrading to the new sound package. Did you upgrade?

#842 60 days ago

Just played a few, man it has its moments when it’s on your side.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 842 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 17.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/x-men-le-problems-please-post-them-here/page/17 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.