IMG_2360 (resized).jpg
IMG_2358 (resized).jpg
IMG_2359 (resized).jpg
IMG_2357 (resized).jpg
IMG_0317 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
BKSOR-silver (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 5,689 posts in this topic. You are on page 113 of 114.
#5601 19 days ago

KJS sword. Besides that, some people do colored plastic protectors. The topper is amazing but not cheap

I made little brackets and installed a Mythic legends skeleton in the back right corner.

IMG_0317 (resized).jpegIMG_0317 (resized).jpeg
#5602 19 days ago

I also have a pro on order. Looking forward to a nice fast ripper of a game in the lineup. (Besides Fish Tales, Dracula, ....hmmmm maybe I have an issue) First and foremost for me will be a pinwoofer system, some really nice upgraded speakers, and a powered sub under the game. I feel like of all games, this one deserves some fukin' righteous sound!!

#5603 19 days ago

Thinking about getting in on this limited pro run. I have a turtles pro, which is fast and brutal, but I still play the hell out of it 3 years later. I like the challenge and BKSOR checks that box for me.

#5604 19 days ago
Quoted from RumRunner9:

The topper is the only mod that I have on it and no regrets. The head movement is super cool and the colour changing led lights in his grill are fantastic. But, the burning fires flanking both sides really complement things and are quite unique on a topper. (Admittedly, I like toppers and blame Wh2O for the subconscious fascination.). Not here to convince you, just one perspective.
A sound upgrade may be the next best mod on the list? That should really enhance BK’s taunts.
Best of luck with whatever you choose.

Cool - many thanks! 1500 bucks though! My only topper is on Judge Dredd

#5605 19 days ago
Quoted from MadMagic7:

I've put down a deposit on the new Pro run so I should be joining the club in June or whenever they ship. Any recommended mods or things I should be looking into in the meantime?

Topper,shaker,knocker,powered sub. Really all you need

#5606 19 days ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

I also have a pro on order. Looking forward to a nice fast ripper of a game in the lineup. (Besides Fish Tales, Dracula, ....hmmmm maybe I have an issue) First and foremost for me will be a pinwoofer system, some really nice upgraded speakers, and a powered sub under the game. I feel like of all games, this one deserves some fukin' righteous sound!!

You will not regret this purchase. This game is intense with a powered sub!

#5607 19 days ago
Quoted from Pinplayer1967:

Topper,shaker,knocker,powered sub. Really all you need

Topper I will look into. Its crazy expensive but does look really cool. Shaker motor is a definite. What do you mean by knocker? The only thing I can think of when I hear that is the thing that hits the cabinet when you get a replay.

As for upgraded sound system, how much work is it to do this? I've definitely played BKSOR and it sounds great so upgrading the sound seems interesting but just not sure how hard it would be to do.

#5608 19 days ago
Quoted from MadMagic7:

Topper I will look into. Its crazy expensive but does look really cool. Shaker motor is a definite. What do you mean by knocker? The only thing I can think of when I hear that is the thing that hits the cabinet when you get a replay.
As for upgraded sound system, how much work is it to do this? I've definitely played BKSOR and it sounds great so upgrading the sound seems interesting but just not sure how hard it would be to do.

The powered subwoofer is a easy hook up. The knocker isn’t for everyone but I’m old school, I like the sound of a solid pop for replay. Stern sells a kit to install these.

#5609 19 days ago

The powered subwoofer is a easy hook up. The knocker isn’t for everyone but I’m old school, I like the sound of a solid pop for replay. Stern sells a kit to install these.

Do Pro's not come with a knocker? Or is it just a subpar one?

#5610 19 days ago
Quoted from MadMagic7:

Do Pro's not come with a knocker? Or is it just a subpar one?

No Stern comes with a knocker. That ended in the 90's.

It's just an electronic sound now.

#5611 19 days ago

I was going to put a knocker kit in...but the delay is really off putting...sounds bad imo which is a shame. I have it in other games and always mean to take them out.

#5612 18 days ago

Hi All. I have one only sword kit packed and ready to send with no takers/communication. Pm me for info. Thanks.
This is the last one. I am uncertain if Nov is doing another run or not, at this stage I am not.

Edit...this has been taken thanks.

#5613 17 days ago

Could some kind fellow pinhead maybe take a measurement for me? I'm curious how high BK stands with the official Stern topper installed, and the height of the topper itself. Thanks!!

#5614 17 days ago

My BK LE is 75" high from the floor to the top of the backbox. The topper is another 7.5" higher from the top of the backbox (not including the feather). So about 83" from floor to top of the topper. HTH

#5616 17 days ago
Quoted from darkryder:

My BK LE is 75" high from the floor to the top of the backbox. The topper is another 7.5" higher from the top of the backbox (not including the feather).

Thank you sir, I have low ceilings in my basement and some toppers fit, some don't. I'm not necessarily a topper for every game kind of guy, but the BK topper is just too damn cool to pass up if I can make it fit.

#5617 17 days ago

Thank you sir, I have low ceilings in my basement and some toppers fit, some don't. I'm not necessarily a topper for every game kind of guy, but the BK topper is just too damn cool to pass up if I can make it fit.

Glad to help. Absolutely go for the knight topper if you can make it fit, it's one of the best in pinball! I still need to center my knight, he sits looking a bit sideways out of the box. I'm hoping I can just move him slightly with the game off to center him

#5618 17 days ago
Quoted from darkryder:

Glad to help. Absolutely go for the knight topper if you can make it fit, it's one of the best in pinball! I still need to center my knight, he sits looking a bit sideways out of the box. I'm hoping I can just move him slightly with the game off to center him

Looks like I have 85", plus my EHoH with topper clears, so I should be good. May have to remove his feather though.....

#5619 17 days ago
Quoted from MadMagic7:

I've put down a deposit on the new Pro run so I should be joining the club in June or whenever they ship. Any recommended mods or things I should be looking into in the meantime?

$120 (+ $3 plastic canvas recommended) and shipping in 0 - 3 days.

http://www.speakerlightkits.com/

Doug - SpeakerLightKits.com Home of the original pinball Speaker Light Kits.

#5620 16 days ago

So, I was reading some rules on TiltForums and they're saying that catapult multiball is exclusive to the Prem/LE models? Seems like someone told me a while back that the pro did have catapult multiball as a mode, but it was virtual locks due to the lack of an upper playfield and lock mech. Can someone straighten me out on this?

#5621 16 days ago

So, I was reading some rules on TiltForums and they're saying that catapult multiball is exclusive to the Prem/LE models? Seems like someone told me a while back that the pro did have catapult multiball as a mode, but it was virtual locks due to the lack of an upper playfield and lock mech. Can someone straighten me out on this?

Pro: No catapult multiball. Consider yourself straightened out.

#5622 16 days ago

SOlD my BKSOR Premium awhile back.. Found myself missing it a little. My little girl loved this game..

Super happy Stern did a Run of BKSOR Pro's and ordered one from Flippin Out This is the first time I've ever
bought the same title NIB again. Granted It's Pro.. I actually found PRO' flow to be more enjoyable. Upper Playfield
Fliper was bit tough to maintain IMO. Probably could of found one used but just don't want drive 8hrs roundtrip to pick one up.

Hopefully some of the Mods will be back. I may putt Lightning flippers on like they had at Pinburg years ago.

#5623 16 days ago
Quoted from Toine79:

Mirrorblades or inner art blades for a Pro edition?

Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

SOlD my BKSOR Premium awhile back.. Found myself missing it a little. My little girl loved this game..
Super happy Stern did a Run of BKSOR Pro's and ordered one from Flippin Out This is the first time I've ever
bought the same title NIB again. Granted It's Pro.. I actually found PRO' flow to be more enjoyable. Upper Playfield
Fliper was bit tough to maintain IMO. Probably could of found one used but just don't want drive 8hrs roundtrip to pick one up.
Hopefully some of the Mods will be back. I may putt Lightning flippers on like they had at Pinburg years ago.

I had both and not sure I‘d want to go back to the pro.

I like the Premium I have, because it has more modes (not only catapult multiball but „last Chance“) but mainly it makes the game beatable (never did it tough) being able to take a breath on the upper playfield.

#5624 16 days ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

I had both and not sure I‘d want to go back to the pro.
I like the Premium I have, because it has more modes (not only catapult multiball but „last Chance“) but mainly it makes the game beatable (never did it tough) being able to take a breath on the upper playfield.

nobody wanted the pro when it first came out.

#5625 16 days ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

I did. Loved it. I‘m just do bad of a player to stand a chance beating it.

#5626 16 days ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

I bought the pro and still have mine. Played the premium. Only thing missing on the pro would be the catapult multiball for me. When is the new run of BK being released?

#5627 16 days ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

I bought one and still have it. Not a fan of multi-level playfields, so the Pro was perfect for me.

#5628 16 days ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

I bought the pro and still have mine. Played the premium. Only thing missing on the pro would be the catapult multiball for me. When is the new run of BK being released?

Sometime in June is the word from Stern. So, pretty soon!

#5629 16 days ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

I did. Paid 5,900 with the topper.

#5630 15 days ago

I did. Paid 5,900 with the topper.

You could sell to someone for 7K and they would feel like they were getting a deal…new ones will be 8500 with the topper?

#5631 15 days ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

And $450 toppers were ridiculous!
Those were the days

#5632 15 days ago
Quoted from Vino:

And $450 toppers were ridiculous!
Those were the days

Probably would be underpriced at 450 in todays dollars, but 1500 is definitely overpriced imo.

#5633 14 days ago

The Black Knight got a BIG plume feather upgrade today, he's feeling more confident and regal as ever!

These are the plume feathers I ordered on Amazon. They are outstanding quality, but way too big...I should have ordered shorter ones.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09KPRZD4Y

After cutting the best feather down, it barely fits under the ceiling. Such a nice upgrade from the pathetic feather that came with the topper!
IMG_2357 (resized).jpgIMG_2357 (resized).jpgIMG_2358 (resized).jpgIMG_2358 (resized).jpgIMG_2359 (resized).jpgIMG_2359 (resized).jpgIMG_2360 (resized).jpgIMG_2360 (resized).jpgIMG_2361 (resized).jpgIMG_2361 (resized).jpg

#5634 14 days ago

My knight looks to the right when idle, he was like that right out of the box. I can force center him with the game powered off, but the game just centers him back looking left after powering on. Is there a procedure to center him? I can’t be the first BK owner with this issue

IMG_2362 (resized).jpegIMG_2362 (resized).jpeg
#5635 14 days ago
Quoted from darkryder:

My knight looks to the right when idle, he was like that right out of the box. I can force center him with the game powered off, but the game just centers him back looking left after powering on. Is there a procedure to center him? I can’t be the first BK owner with this issue
[quoted image]

There's no calibration so you'd need to pull the servo horn off the servo when it's centered and align it to your liking.

#5636 14 days ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

There's no calibration so you'd need to pull the servo horn off the servo when it's centered and align it to your liking.

OK, I’ll take it apart and see what I can do. Thanks

#5637 14 days ago
Quoted from darkryder:

OK, I’ll take it apart and see what I can do. Thanks

I'm still slacking on replacing my up down servo lol. My Knight only looks left and right hahaha.

#5638 13 days ago

Found this 2019 PAGG Black Knight coin I forgot about. Stuck it to the coin door, it’s a nice touch!

IMG_2374 (resized).jpegIMG_2374 (resized).jpeg

IMG_2378 (resized).jpegIMG_2378 (resized).jpeg
#5639 13 days ago

That BK coin is cool. Anyone have a spare for sale!

#5641 13 days ago
Quoted from marspinball:

That BK coin is cool. Anyone have a spare for sale!

I scored one for $5.50 on ebay back in February, had never seen one before.

#5642 12 days ago
Quoted from Merendino:

I scored one for $5.50 on ebay back in February, had never seen one before.

I got mine from Planetary Pinball

#5643 12 days ago
Quoted from darkryder:

[quoted image]

Mine did as well. There is a calibration in the settings to offset his head left or right. I think I had to scan the settings for it a bit.

#5644 12 days ago
Quoted from ThePinScientist:

Mine did as well. There is a calibration in the settings to offset his head left or right. I think I had to scan the settings for it a bit.

I see the BK topper test in diagnostics and he moves up/down and left/right just fine, but he always looks left when the game thinks he's centered. I don't see any other adjustments in the menu, I think this must be a mechanical issue. Anyone have the instructions to take this topper apart to diagnose and adjust the knight servos?

#5645 12 days ago

That plume goes to eleven

#5646 11 days ago

I’ve made a chest mod that I’d like to have flash/light when the Extra Ball Playfield Insert is lit/flashing. I’ve look at the manual and see that the LED is labeled “LED6”, but when I look at the board in the manual that has that LED on it, it doesn’t list LED6 on it. How do I find the correct wires to t-tap into to give it power from that Extra Ball LED?

IMG_0324 (resized).pngIMG_0324 (resized).pngIMG_0325 (resized).pngIMG_0325 (resized).pngIMG_0326 (resized).jpegIMG_0326 (resized).jpeg

#5647 10 days ago

Any word on whether or not Stern will restock the BKSOR shooter knob or side armor? If I snag the upcoming Pro release I’d want both of those. They look to be sold out everywhere. But bought the art blades thankfully on a whim last year just in case I was ever able to buy a machine.

#5648 10 days ago
Quoted from ThePinScientist:

I’ve made a chest mod that I’d like to have flash/light when the Extra Ball Playfield Insert is lit/flashing. I’ve look at the manual and see that the LED is labeled “LED6”, but when I look at the board in the manual that has that LED on it, it doesn’t list LED6 on it. How do I find the correct wires to t-tap into to give it power from that Extra Ball LED?

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Maybe try just using a light activated switch relay? They have a small light sensor you put next to a led you want it to mimic. Then just hook it to a constant power like a GI bulb. Then it gives you an output that matches the light sensor.

https://mezelmods.com/products/interactive-light-sensor-kit

#5649 10 days ago
Quoted from Kolk1:

Maybe try just using a light activated switch relay? They have a small light sensor you put next to a led you want it to mimic. Then just hook it to a constant power like a GI bulb. Then it gives you an output that matches the light sensor.
https://mezelmods.com/products/interactive-light-sensor-kit

AliExpress has them cheap, 5v or 12v.

BB400029-2813-4A86-BDE6-8C86CD8B72A0 (resized).pngBB400029-2813-4A86-BDE6-8C86CD8B72A0 (resized).png
#5650 10 days ago

Are there any tutorials/write-ups out there (with part numbers etc) to replace the LDB and put the magna save on the cab?

I'm thinking to model the button placement similar to R & M because that works really well IMHO but not sure if the Stern cab will prevent it.

In the arcade world there are blanks for button panels and I wonder if that could work in this case instead for buying a brand new LDB?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
11,795 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Highland Lakes, NJ
Electronics
Space Coast Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Smithtown, NY
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

8,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pillager, MN
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 16.00
Playfield - Other
System-J

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 20.00
Electronics
Gameroom Mods

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Florissant, MO
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 1,499.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

There are 5,689 posts in this topic. You are on page 113 of 114.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-knight-swords-of-rage-club-honourable-knights-only/page/113 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.