(Topic ID: 345805)

Stern has apparently dropped the mandatory MSRP pricing for distros.

By PismoArcade

7 months ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 576 posts
  • 163 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by Jagrmaister
  • Topic is favorited by 51 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Venon-Premium (resized).jpg
    starwars (resized).jpg
    IMG_6492 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1005.gif
    C94D1361-7ACD-412E-9668-27FA1F2B7F1F (resized).jpeg
    20231105_092818 (resized).jpg
    cheap (resized).JPG
    Round 2 (resized).jpg
    e7369be5635ab6eac10fc134c83764dc (resized).jpg
    IMG_7042.gif
    resized-image-promo-15 (resized).jpeg
    file_57_10 (resized).jpg
    MV5BMTg3MjAwOTY5Ml5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwNDMzMDQ2._V1_ (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20231028-235235 (resized).png
    411A15C0-5E88-447C-B66B-D7BA51275F66.gif
    Screenshot_20231028_230155_Gallery (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider arcyallen.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#456 7 months ago
    Quoted from superNoid:

Man $3300 for a home pin, and a JP home pin is such a good bargin. At that price, its a good starter pin for sure!

I mean, seriously! Not everyone wants to start with a full blown modern pin or wants to maintain a 30 year old B/W. $3300 for a fun, solid NEW pin should be pretty attractive to many.

#471 7 months ago
    Quoted from Deez:

This is horrible thinking. The resale on these home pins is near zero. You're way better off spending more and buying a pro and you'll be able to sell it easily. This is like throwing 3k down the drain?

I'm glad I didn't know this when I bought it. And I'm certainly glad the guy that bought it from me for $4k didn't know this either. We just blissfully bought and sold pins WE liked for prices WE thought were reasonable. Which is the way the world should f'n work. But as others have said, send us the ads for those near zero pins, we'll gobble them up!

#484 7 months ago
    Quoted from tgarrett09:

I feel like $2.5k is the sweet spot for these games. I think it’s a good deal at that price for what you get.

Well, I think a $3300 NIB Home Pin will be a $2500 used Home Pin.

#513 7 months ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

It's strange because Rush is part of the new discounting but I haven't seen any for sale.

I haven't seen a vendor list this in any of their sale communications. The only thing I've heard was people in these forums saying it was next or something like that. Have you seen any official communication that includes Rush in the sale?

#516 7 months ago
    Quoted from gandamack:

Are there nib Rush machines sitting in Distros warehouses? I had a new Rush Prem awhile back, but sold it due to the never-ending node board / ramp motor saga. Actually, would be interested in a Rush Pro if prices significantly fall off. Would probably also consider a Bond, should that price be on the chopping block as well.

Automated has both in stock for a bit more than MSRP. Ironically I bought mine last year when they dropped it below MSRP. It went from Not to Hot just like that. Pros are going used for near $6k, which is a fabulous deal.

1 week later
    #537 6 months ago
    Quoted from spinout:

Star Wars Pro - $6699 at ABT.
    [quoted image]

ANOTHER discounted NIB Stern. $300 is a sweet treat! Thanks for the heads up.

#544 6 months ago
    Quoted from usandthem:

Are these discounts still in place? If so, who is offering them? What are the games/prices? If anyone has any recent and/or updated information, that would be awesome. Thanks.

Pinball Pro is showing limited availability. They were excellent to deal with on my LZ Premium.

2 months later
    #574 4 months ago
    Quoted from DavidD:

Discounted Venom Premium...[quoted image]

Unfortunately the $500 shipping brings it back up to a typical price.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider arcyallen.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-has-apparently-dropped-the-mandatory-msrp-pricing-from-distros?tu=arcyallen and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.