(Topic ID: 195784)

Total Nuclear Annihilation Club...Welcome to the future!

By Pinballlew

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,026 posts
  • 772 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by FatPanda
  • Topic is favorited by 324 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_2283 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2281 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2282 (resized).jpeg
20240522_185251 (resized).jpg
20240522_185415 (resized).jpg
20240522_185128 (resized).jpg
20240522_185011 (resized).jpg
20240522_184743 (resized).jpg
20240522_184801 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,026 posts in this topic. You are on page 237 of 241.
#11801 5 months ago
Quoted from nephasth:

Well, at least there's some wood to screw into on TNA. Looks like Halloween, Ultraman, and Scooby all use the same autoplunger assembly, but that part of the bracket is just hanging out like a nutsack with nothing to secure it to... yikes.

YIKES indeed!

#11802 5 months ago
Quoted from EntityClay:

Anyone seen this before? Occasionally when a ball is issued into the shooter lane (but before it launches) the LEDs for RAD, the left scoop, reactors 1, 7, 8, and the keypad all get "stuck" on one color (usually white, not always). They stay like this until something triggers the entire GI to change, such as starting the reactor or hitting the pop bumper. After that it behaves normally.
My theory is a connection is getting disrupted due to the vibration of ejecting a ball from the trough, but I am on the beta code so it could be software related? Nothing stood out to me last time I checked connectors, but I could be looking in the wrong place or missed something.
[quoted image]

Were you able to fix this? Mine occasionally does the same thing.

#11803 5 months ago

Mine has the screw, but it was in the Australia batch so some of the last off the production line.

#11804 5 months ago
Quoted from falcon950:

Were you able to fix this? Mine occasionally does the same thing.

Yes! I checked the serial cables Scott mentioned and they indeed felt loose. The hot glue added wasn't doing its job, so I redid that and things seem good so far.

#11805 5 months ago
Quoted from EntityClay:

Yes! I checked the serial cables Scott mentioned and they indeed felt loose. The hot glue added wasn't doing its job, so I redid that and things seem good so far.

do you have a pic of the loose cables or can you tell me which cables were loose?

#11806 4 months ago

I swear sometimes when she says, "Shoot the left scoop to start reactor." I ACTUALLY HEAR: "Shoot the left scoop to start the reactor, or ignore me and RIP THAT FUCKING SUPER SPINNER."

Any chance you can add that, Scott?

#11807 4 months ago
Quoted from falcon950:

do you have a pic of the loose cables or can you tell me which cables were loose?

I don't have pictures on hand, but I do have two useful links for you:
- https://www.scottdanesi.com/?page_id=5000
- https://www.multimorphic.com/store/circuit-boards/pd-led/

Based on Scott's comment I looked at J2 Serial Out and J3 Serial In for PD-LED 1 and the board it is connected to. They didn't look loose, but I reseated them and applied fresh hot glue. So far so good, but I'm curious how long my fix will last, hopefully a long time!

#11808 4 months ago
Quoted from tedwasright:

I swear sometimes when she says, "Shoot the left scoop to start reactor." I ACTUALLY HEAR: "Shoot the left scoop to start the reactor, or ignore me and RIP THAT FUCKING SUPER SPINNER."
Any chance you can add that, Scott?

Shoot the scoop to start the reactor, then combo the spinner until critical

That would make for a great hidden achievement or bonus like the secret skill shot!

#11809 4 months ago

TheNoTrashCougar Hey Scott

Getting double backbox knocker intermittently ( as in game wise ) that it will double fire when either i achieve multiball or hit the pop. If it does it i get it throughout that game but not all games

I’m sure it has done it on other hits but i can’t remember and it defo did it as above at the weekend

#11810 4 months ago
Quoted from SeikoKid:

TheNoTrashCougar Hey Scott
Getting double backbox knocker intermittently ( as in game wise ) that it will double fire when either i achieve multiball or hit the pop. If it does it i get it throughout that game but not all games
I’m sure it has done it on other hits but i can’t remember and it defo did it as above at the weekend

Are you running the latest beta code?

There was a feature added that fires the knocker when a player takes the lead on the final ball

From the patch notes:
- Added new feature called "Last Ball Overtake" that will fire the knocker when any player of a non-co-op multiplayer game passes the leader on the last ball of the game.

#11811 4 months ago
Quoted from EntityClay:

I don't have pictures on hand, but I do have two useful links for you:
- https://www.scottdanesi.com/?page_id=5000
- https://www.multimorphic.com/store/circuit-boards/pd-led/
Based on Scott's comment I looked at J2 Serial Out and J3 Serial In for PD-LED 1 and the board it is connected to. They didn't look loose, but I reseated them and applied fresh hot glue. So far so good, but I'm curious how long my fix will last, hopefully a long time!

Issue popped up on my TNA CE again. I'm thinking the next step for me is to remove the pins from the molex connector and see which ones don't have a snug fit. I might redo the crimping if needed

Getting access to this particular connector is a pain since you have to remove most of the other cables from the board, all of which are hot glued Given I'm not routing my game, I might skip reapplying glue to make accessing the boards easier in the future.

There's always something new to learn in the hobby!

#11812 4 months ago
Quoted from EntityClay:

Shoot the scoop to start the reactor, then combo the spinner until critical
That would make for a great hidden achievement or bonus like the secret skill shot!

If the reactor starts how can I rip the spinner only? Don't the gates stop the ball and drop it into the chamber?

#11813 4 months ago
Quoted from EntityClay:

Issue popped up on my TNA CE again. I'm thinking the next step for me is to remove the pins from the molex connector and see which ones don't have a snug fit. I might redo the crimping if needed
Getting access to this particular connector is a pain since you have to remove most of the other cables from the board, all of which are hot glued Given I'm not routing my game, I might skip reapplying glue to make accessing the boards easier in the future.
There's always something new to learn in the hobby!

Okay just based on that I think were talking about the same board/connector. Not sure if you noticed, but the left sling coil arm runs dangerously closed to the ribbon cables and edge of the core light board. in my case it was actually touching and recently got caught up on the coil locking it in the extended position. I was able to fudge the board and coil mech apart slightly and there is now clearance. unknown if this will fix the issue or if it was causing the issue, but thought I'd mention it.

#11814 4 months ago
Quoted from tedwasright:

If the reactor starts how can I rip the spinner only? Don't the gates stop the ball and drop it into the chamber?

Depending on your reactor difficulty and what reactor you've started, only one of the orbits is lit and will cause the ball gate to close. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_5o6BKTmyC1wInpu21ENg8EGnvUgxvmB/view has the difficulty matrix and explains how this works

#11815 4 months ago
Quoted from falcon950:

Okay just based on that I think were talking about the same board/connector. Not sure if you noticed, but the left sling coil arm runs dangerously closed to the ribbon cables and edge of the core light board. in my case it was actually touching and recently got caught up on the coil locking it in the extended position. I was able to fudge the board and coil mech apart slightly and there is now clearance. unknown if this will fix the issue or if it was causing the issue, but thought I'd mention it.

Thanks for the tip! Next time my game is open I'll take a look.

#11816 4 months ago
Quoted from Jesder:

Are you running the latest beta code?
There was a feature added that fires the knocker when a player takes the lead on the final ball
From the patch notes:
- Added new feature called "Last Ball Overtake" that will fire the knocker when any player of a non-co-op multiplayer game passes the leader on the last ball of the game.

Hi, I am running. 1.5.1.B3- I shall observe this - Can anyone confirm if it's a single knock or 2 quick knocks when you hit this feature in game play ?

#11817 4 months ago

Yes it is the leader take over knock. But mine double knocks

#11818 4 months ago
Quoted from SeikoKid:

Yes it is the leader take over knock. But mine double knocks

That's correct behaviour. Here's a post from Scott earlier in the thread talking about it. He mentions it fires twice.

Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

Especially with the latest Beta Code on tnapinball.com....... Don't worry it is very stable and almost ready for release, I am just going to add a few visual updates to it before I stamp this version with a production code number.
I probably mentioned this new feature a while back, but I made a new feature in this code called "Last Ball Overtake". This feature will fire the knocker 2 times when any player overtakes the leader on the last ball. This is super cool and can happen more than once per game.
Enjoy!
--Scott

#11819 4 months ago

Alright went to look at a TNA original one yesterday and as I was playing it the game just froze up, flippers stopped working and ball drained music would play over and over but nothing ball wouldn't come out.. Had to shut the game down and restart it to get it working again. Any information on this issue? Guy said spooky sent him a new raspberry pie for it that he already installed but still has issues.

#11820 4 months ago

Guessing the guy is already working with spooky to resolve it?

#11821 4 months ago
Quoted from punkin:

Guessing the guy is already working with spooky to resolve it?

No he isn't.. He was going to sell it to me..

#11822 4 months ago

Recently purchased a TNA CE (2nd owner). I have to say it's an awesome game , right up my street .
Got to Reactor 4 earlier , got it critical , and had multiball running , and then it just died , flippers died and balls drained , like as if I'd tilted it , but no tilt shown on the screen so sure it wasn't . Also let me put my name in after ?
Anyone else has similar or knows what might be the issue ?

#11823 4 months ago
Quoted from AndyHancock:

Recently purchased a TNA CE (2nd owner). I have to say it's an awesome game , right up my street .
Got to Reactor 4 earlier , got it critical , and had multiball running , and then it just died , flippers died and balls drained , like as if I'd tilted it , but no tilt shown on the screen so sure it wasn't . Also let me put my name in after ?

Check you settings. Specifically "Gameplay Features" menu and look for "Annihilation After Reactor." You can set a game to finish after a certain reactor there. It might be set to 4 instead of 9. We like to set ours to 1 on occasion and see who can get a high score the fastest.

#11824 4 months ago
Quoted from AndyHancock:

You had a power failure to the PC most likely. Check all the connectors on the power distribution board and your dc power jack to the PC. You can also reach out to Spooky about this too.
--Scott

#11825 4 months ago
Quoted from GranpaDave:

Quoted from gorditas:
Scooby was due for a cleaning and a few switch/ball guide adjustments tonight. I went ahead and tried the audio hiss fix suggested by someone else in the group, and can say that at least on my machine, the audio is now dead quiet. These are the only components I added, under $30 total:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0BWM59LST/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s00
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B084RN22MW/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s00
I used 3M dual lock to mount the audio extractor to the backbox.[quoted image]
So I added this to both Scooby and TNA. The hiss and hum on boot up are completely gone. Sound still cranks. Obviously this is not original design. Does this setup have a downside/bad side effects? Almost too good to be true.

I just did this on my TNA CE and it helps not just to clean up the audio, but also reduces the number of pops the speakers emit when first turning on the game.

#11826 4 months ago
Quoted from MacmanCubed:

I just did this on my TNA CE and it helps not just to clean up the audio, but also reduces the number of pops the speakers emit when first turning on the game.

I just upgraded the display. It came with a new board for the HDMI and Audio in. I wasn’t able to use the 3D moulded bracket so just mounted it direct to the thread mounts on the back of the monitor housing.

I’ve got a power amp in mine so you get a really loud pop when turning on and off. Since the upgrade i get nothing - it’s wonderful

#11827 4 months ago

TheNoTrashCougar

Hi Scott - could you advise why this has happened please ? 4 of the keypad targets just stopped working. The game still functions correctly but no lights on right side and top middle

Checked all ribbon and everything else connections underneath. Power cycled and no change ?

Many thanks

IMG_5990 (resized).jpegIMG_5990 (resized).jpeg
#11828 4 months ago

Its sorted. Loose ribbon cable.

#11829 4 months ago

I've been running the beta for months now and am a huge fan. I have not seen any bugs or issues, in fact I feel like it runs quite smooth compared to the previous version, specifically with the drop target behavior. I love the new light show on the speakers and the new sounds. This weekend I did the HDMI pass through with the shielded RCA cables and WOW what a difference. I'm hearing all sounds better...the mids especially.

It's such a fantastic game that keeps getting better and better with time. I on the other hand am not getting better with time...I am not good but am trying! This is the most challenging machine I have ever played. I love the challenge, and even though I yell at this machine (and myself) the most while playing TNA, it is one of my favorites.

#11830 4 months ago

Oscilated I would post it here but it's 27+ MB. Try this linky = https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1DBoaesJyR2ZvOhrctB5dEMqXt3QlHRIZ?usp=sharing

2 files are used to make the "manual".

Disclaimer:
For entertainment and tutorial purposes only. Not for resale
As always - Use with CAUTION.!!

..and it's not complete - by far.. Iv'e been slackin'

#11831 4 months ago

Is there an option to have the beacon go off during attract mode? I didn’t see on in the menu but maybe I’m missing it. If not, possible feature request?

Just setup the beacons on my Alien that has this option. Would be fun for the TNA beacon to randomly go off too.

#11832 4 months ago
Quoted from SeikoKid:

I just upgraded the display. It came with a new board for the HDMI and Audio in. I wasn’t able to use the 3D moulded bracket so just mounted it direct to the thread mounts on the back of the monitor housing.
I’ve got a power amp in mine so you get a really loud pop when turning on and off. Since the upgrade i get nothing - it’s wonderful

Which display upgrade did you select?
I plan on adding an external 12 inch powered subwoofer to my TNA CE, so no pops at startup would be very nice.

#11833 4 months ago
Quoted from MacmanCubed:

Which display upgrade did you select?
I plan on adding an external 12 inch powered subwoofer to my TNA CE, so no pops at startup would be very nice.

https://www.pinballinfo.com/community/threads/team-tna-the-uks-total-nuclear-annihilation-pinball-club.55461/page-17

Post #497

I guess reading this and the associated links should help you?
If you have any further questions let me know

#11834 4 months ago
Quoted from cookpins:

Is there an option to have the beacon go off during attract mode? I didn’t see on in the menu but maybe I’m missing it. If not, possible feature request?
Just setup the beacons on my Alien that has this option. Would be fun for the TNA beacon to randomly go off too.

There is but i found it too frequent ( and too noisy ) and turned it off again

#11835 4 months ago
Quoted from cookpins:

Home > Settings > Machine (Standard)

The first option is for the beacon to be on during attract mode.

#11836 4 months ago
Quoted from mackey256:

Home > Settings > Machine (Standard)
The first option is for the beacon to be on during attract mode.

Ha, first setting I somehow missed. Thank you!

#11837 3 months ago

I managed to complete TNA 3 times again tonight on stream, smashing my old GC of 17.6M with a new score of 29.2M

tna_29m (resized).pngtna_29m (resized).png

This is the VOD for anyone interested: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/2062431035

#11838 3 months ago

Quoted from Jesder:I managed to complete TNA 3 times again tonight on stream, smashing my old GC of 17.6M with a new score of 29.2M
[quoted image]

You're not allowed back in here!!

#11839 3 months ago
Quoted from Jesder:

I managed to complete TNA 3 times again tonight on stream, smashing my old GC of 17.6M with a new score of 29.2M
[quoted image]

Can you please send me your log files please? Serious, just zip them up and email them to me. Thank you!
--Scott

#11840 3 months ago

Shit. I'm happy if I make it to #3.

#11841 3 months ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Shit. I'm happy if I make it to #3.

For real!

Jesder do you play in tourneys? Sounds like you’ve got some serious chops, lol!

#11842 3 months ago
Quoted from Jesder:

[quoted image]

Yea...you have a broken switch for sure

#11843 3 months ago
Quoted from Jesder:

[quoted image]

Daaaaaaaaang, my personal best is #7 around 6.5M. What are your outlane posts set to? I have mine fully open because I am a glutton for punishment.

#11844 3 months ago
Quoted from EntityClay:

Daaaaaaaaang, my personal best is #7 around 6.5M. What are your outlane posts set to? I have mine fully open because I am a glutton for punishment.

That is the way to play right there!!! ^^^ The outlanes are supposed to be in the middle for default settings, but I do recommend opening them up for people that can actually beat the game.

Fun story... I had Bowen and Ryan McQuaid over for a gathering. These 2 are a sample of the best TNA players around. So I opened the outlanes all the way and put 4 powerballs in it. These guys played a 2 player game, Ryan going for speed (obviously), and Bowen going for score. Both of these maniacs beat all 9 reactors on the same game against each other..... crazy...
--Scott

#11845 3 months ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

Can you please send me your log files please? Serious, just zip them up and email them to me. Thank you!
--Scott

I'm still new to the pinball hobby and I don't own any modern machines like TNA. Can you explain what sending you the log files does for you? What kind of information can you decipher from them? Just curious. It's cool to think that you could see a bunch of game statistics. I'm curious to check out some portions of the video he streamed.

#11846 3 months ago
Quoted from DanMarino:

I'm still new to the pinball hobby and I don't own any modern machines like TNA. Can you explain what sending you the log files does for you? What kind of information can you decipher from them? Just curious. It's cool to think that you could see a bunch of game statistics. I'm curious to check out some portions of the video he streamed.

I wonder if he saw something weird on the video and wants to check out the logs to see what might have caused it.

#11847 3 months ago

Has there ever been an idea to do a 1 v 3 vs type mode for TNA TheNoTrashCougar ?

#11848 3 months ago

I've periodically had this issue where the drop targets just keep cycling in attract mode, and in gameplay. Usually lifting the playfield and jiggling the connectors would fix the behavior for a bit, and over time it would come back. Well, tonight every time a drop target attempts to trigger - the game reboots itself. I had a spare drop target board Spooky sent for the original issue, I put that in, and the issue still happens, so the game is basically unplayable right now - the drop target will trigger during the boot-up sequence, cause the game to reboot and create an infinite loop of uh, bad times. Any ideas?

#11849 3 months ago
Quoted from vikeking27:

I've periodically had this issue where the drop targets just keep cycling in attract mode, and in gameplay. Usually lifting the playfield and jiggling the connectors would fix the behavior for a bit, and over time it would come back. Well, tonight every time a drop target attempts to trigger - the game reboots itself. I had a spare drop target board Spooky sent for the original issue, I put that in, and the issue still happens, so the game is basically unplayable right now - the drop target will trigger during the boot-up sequence, cause the game to reboot and create an infinite loop of uh, bad times. Any ideas?

For the drop targets resetting in attract mode, from:

https://www.scottdanesi.com/?page_id=783

Drop Target Issues
Drop targets are constantly cycling during attract mode
This is the machine telling you that it thinks there are balls stuck behind the drop targets. If there are not balls there, the opto switches are not registering properly. Check your opto power and check to ensure these opto switches are working correctly in the service mode switch test. This is most likely a serial cable (gray shielded cable) came unplugged to the switch boards.

Have also seen where a bad opto in the VUK behind the drop targets can cause the game to constantly reboot. The latest beta code for TNA includes a fix for that:

## Bugs Fixed ##
- Fixed issue that upon certain opto failures would cause the game to boot loop

This code can be found here:

https://www.scottdanesi.com/?page_id=1724

#11850 3 months ago
Quoted from MacmanCubed:

For the drop targets resetting in attract mode, from:
https://www.scottdanesi.com/?page_id=783
Drop Target Issues
Drop targets are constantly cycling during attract mode
This is the machine telling you that it thinks there are balls stuck behind the drop targets. If there are not balls there, the opto switches are not registering properly. Check your opto power and check to ensure these opto switches are working correctly in the service mode switch test. This is most likely a serial cable (gray shielded cable) came unplugged to the switch boards.
Have also seen where a bad opto in the VUK behind the drop targets can cause the game to constantly reboot. The latest beta code for TNA includes a fix for that:
## Bugs Fixed ##
- Fixed issue that upon certain opto failures would cause the game to boot loop
This code can be found here:
https://www.scottdanesi.com/?page_id=1724

Thanks for the tips - updating the software did solve the boot loop issue, the drops are still cycling though, and in switch test the optos are just going nuts. Any tips for which area to look for to find what is triggering them? They look clean and well-aligned to me.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pensacola, FL
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 33.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

9,990 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Happy Valley, OR
9,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Vandalia, OH
Machine - For Sale
Newburgh, NY
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 12,026 posts in this topic. You are on page 237 of 241.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-nuclear-annihilation-cluball-welcome/page/237 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.