(Topic ID: 195784)

Total Nuclear Annihilation Club...Welcome to the future!

By Pinballlew

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,966 posts
  • 772 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by vikeking27
  • Topic is favorited by 325 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
TNA (resized).jpg
IMG_2177 (resized).jpeg
56456889klyykk_blank1_640 (resized).jpg
56456889999 (resized).jpg
yellow-640 (resized).jpg
20240406_185845 (resized).jpg
20240406_185951 (resized).jpg
IMG_1758 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1709 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,966 posts in this topic. You are on page 240 of 240.
#11951 19 days ago

The beep beep beep, do you have side rails that light up? I do and they are freaking annoying. Or I have turn them down so dim to not beep I might as well unplug them.

#11952 19 days ago
Quoted from falcon950:

The wife and I just finished our garage conversion semi dedicated to the hobby. Took us 3 months but we are really enjoying it now.
[quoted image]

What lights did you use on your ceiling? I like the look.

#11953 19 days ago
Quoted from Kolk1:

The beep beep beep, do you have side rails that light up? I do and they are freaking annoying. Or I have turn them down so dim to not beep I might as well unplug them.

You are correct. The noise is from the inverter used to power the lighted side rails. I'll have to see if I can find a higher quality inverter. Thanks

#11954 19 days ago
Quoted from namyzzo:

I think the consensus is to replace any "IDC" style connectors that you can. (how to do that easily when a wire "passes" through the connector and does not "terminate" there = is another story... I haven't tried yet.)

There is an oversized pin available that allows you to cut the pass through wires and crimp both into the pin. I think the designation is an a/b at the end of the part no.
Works a charm.

#11955 17 days ago

Really want this game. How is it just for single player? Are the older versions pretty much the same as the new CE?

#11956 17 days ago

The game really shines as a multiplayer. But I enjoy single player on TNA as well. This game has certainly made me a better player.
The new CE came with upgrades that can be added to the original (shaker, upgraded numerical displays, topper over beacon light, etc) Original version has a wood speaker panel and the CE has the metal flip down speaker panel that spooky is now using. Other cosmetic differences, CE has a black metallic powder coating on the trim (original run was stainless steel).
Other than the upgrades the 2 versions are the same , they will play the same ( same cabinet, same playfield, same game code)

#11957 17 days ago

I’ve played two original TNAs and two CEs and found slight differences with how the game plays.

For example, I can consistently backhand the right destroy standup target from a cradled position on the original game, but found it nearly impossible to do on the CE.

However, the left scoop on the original has more rejects than the CE, and is less predictable when returning the ball. This could be due to age, but they also visually look different. I suspect Spooky changed the design for the CE run.

As I play more of these in the wild I’ll see if these observations hold true.

#11958 17 days ago
Quoted from Howlingmadd:

What lights did you use on your ceiling? I like the look.

I can send you a picture of the box when I get home.

#11959 16 days ago
Quoted from Kolk1:

As shown in this thread, open of the case for the lighted rail transformer and hot glue the heck out of it, sound solved.

#11960 16 days ago

Decided to bite the bullet and join the TNA club! Played one about a year ago, and while I couldn't wait to try it - I must admit I was left feeling a bit underwhelmed. HOWEVER.... I am a massive Spooky fan and my #1 game of all time is (still) R&M so I thought Id take a chance on it and traded my Legends of Valhalla for this very nice example (thanks @punkin).

Wow - so far I admit to being wrong and it's been brilliant! I can definitely see where this game really shines as a multiplayer experience - when I play co-op mode with the kids its just superb, and in 2 player with all the multiball stealing we've been loving it. The sound on this thing is absolutely ROCKING too - had to tweak the amp a bit to get the deep rumbling bass I like but it shakes the damn house down now!

Actually, I'm really thinking about putting this game in its own little corner and adding some sound activated light panels around the machine (like Nanoleaf or something) - if it really pumped the lights in time with the music it could be absolutely bloody amazing! Has anyone else tried this yet?

TNA (resized).jpgTNA (resized).jpg
#11961 16 days ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

Decided to bite the bullet and join the TNA club! Played one about a year ago, and while I couldn't wait to try it - I must admit I was left feeling a bit underwhelmed. HOWEVER.... I am a massive Spooky fan and my #1 game of all time is (still) R&M so I thought Id take a chance on it and traded my Legends of Valhalla for this very nice example (thanks @punkin).
Wow - so far I admit to being wrong and it's been brilliant! I can definitely see where this game really shines as a multiplayer experience - when I play co-op mode with the kids its just superb, and in 2 player with all the multiball stealing we've been loving it. The sound on this thing is absolutely ROCKING too - had to tweak the amp a bit to get the deep rumbling bass I like but it shakes the damn house down now!
Actually, I'm really thinking about putting this game in its own little corner and adding some sound activated light panels around the machine (like Nanoleaf or something) - if it really pumped the lights in time with the music it could be absolutely bloody amazing! Has anyone else tried this yet?
[quoted image]

If you check out the most recent pinball olympics with LoserKid_Pinball , it might give you some idea of what can be done

1 week later
#11962 3 days ago

TheNoTrashCougar I have a CE that this weekend while hosting a tournament decided to stop starting games. Start button is lit, but when pressed it won’t add players. (Game on Free Play) I didn’t have time to take a deep dive, but at quick glance it appeared the wires were attached. Was wondering if you could provide a part number for that switch, unless you have other suggestions to try.

Also, I often get credit dots and when I check the error report it is always related to the drop targets, usually #1 has the most errors. Is this happening because of the occasional fast bounce backs during play, or is there something I need to adjust with them?

#11963 2 days ago
Quoted from Twonickel:

TheNoTrashCougar I have a CE that this weekend while hosting a tournament decided to stop starting games. Start button is lit, but when pressed it won’t add players. (Game on Free Play) I didn’t have time to take a deep dive, but at quick glance it appeared the wires were attached. Was wondering if you could provide a part number for that switch, unless you have other suggestions to try.
Also, I often get credit dots and when I check the error report it is always related to the drop targets, usually #1 has the most errors. Is this happening because of the occasional fast bounce backs during play, or is there something I need to adjust with them?

Pull the wires off the switch and touch them together, you'll troubleshoot your switch real quick. Or go into test mode and do a switch test.
Also can re-seat connectors on boards?

#11964 40 hours ago

#11965 40 hours ago
Quoted from Twonickel:

https://www.pinballlife.com/20-9663-13_TNA = switch

check your wires/connections - see diagrams for reference.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#11966 1 hour ago

Been running the v1.5.1.b3 for quite a while now, and it has solved issues I have on the latest non-beta code, so I've left it running on the machine - any idea if/when this will become a 'stable' code release?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Machine - For Sale
Vandalia, OH
$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Virginia Beach, VA
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
There are 11,966 posts in this topic. You are on page 240 of 240.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-nuclear-annihilation-cluball-welcome/page/240 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.